• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2013 CBA trade frenzy party thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something with Bernier? Is there a reason everyone values him so high?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something with Bernier? Is there a reason everyone values him so high?

Bernier is a solid goalie. He plays very well positionally, and competes very, very hard. He has shown in the time that he's gotten to play that he is capable of being a number 1 on probably half the teams in the league. He just happens to be on one of the few teams that already has someone better.

There are some solid young goalies out there that are in tough situations.
Bishop in Ottawa (Lehner is better and Anderson is pretty friggin' good)
Dubnyk has promise, but is playing for an awful team
Schneider should be a #1, but has had Luongo to deal with
Enroth could be carrying more of the load than he is. I think he'll get better the more he plays.
Holtby has a boatload of talent. Shame there's no D in front of him. Best thing that ever happened to Varlamov is getting out of there.

St Louis is the most stacked. Halak is solid. Elliot is a budding star. And that Allen kid seems pretty damn good too. They're gonna have to make a decision soon.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Steckel to the Ducks, for Ryan Lasch (who?) + 7th round pick

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Pierre Lebrun and the TSN panel last night said that the kings could become a player in the Iginla sweepstakes. They could offer Bernier for Iginla AND A PICK... yes the TSN panel said that Calgary would have to include a pick to make that worth it to the Kings. am I just not understanding value anymore or is Iginlas value this low that they have to give up a pick on top of that to get a backup like Bernier. I understand he has some potential but hes never played a ton

Iginla is a 35 year old UFA to be. Bernier would be the starting goalie for the Flames for the next decade.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernier is a solid goalie. He plays very well positionally, and competes very, very hard. He has shown in the time that he's gotten to play that he is capable of being a number 1 on probably half the teams in the league. He just happens to be on one of the few teams that already has someone better.

Enroth could be carrying more of the load than he is. I think he'll get better the more he plays.
Holtby has a boatload of talent. Shame there's no D in front of him. Best thing that ever happened to Varlamov is getting out of there.

St Louis is the most stacked. Halak is solid. Elliot is a budding star. And that Allen kid seems pretty damn good too. They're gonna have to make a decision soon.

No. No he's not. I've fallen for this routine before.

He's tanking like an Edmonton Oiler right now. Elliott has done this before; lights out for an extended period and then completely soils his sheets for an even longer period. He's a good backup long-term and that's about it.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually believe the Ducks are the most stacked team in goal in the entire league. They have Hiller, Fasth & Gibson who led Team USA to the Gold at the World Jr's waiting in the wings.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Pierre Lebrun and the TSN panel last night said that the kings could become a player in the Iginla sweepstakes. They could offer Bernier for Iginla AND A PICK... yes the TSN panel said that Calgary would have to include a pick to make that worth it to the Kings. am I just not understanding value anymore or is Iginlas value this low that they have to give up a pick on top of that to get a backup like Bernier. I understand he has some potential but hes never played a ton

I saw that too and thought it was lunacy.

If the Kings want Iginla + for Bernier, Feaster shoul dhang up the phone. He'll get significantly more from the Bostons, Pittsburghs, etc. than John Bernier.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Kings want Iginla + for Bernier, Feaster shoul dhang up the phone. He'll get significantly more from the Bostons, Pittsburghs, etc. than John Bernier.

We've seen so many stupid moves by GM's at the deadline in the past. Giving up top prospects for aging Vets is one way of hurting your team more than helping it. I would only make a move like that if I was the GM of Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago or Anaheim. Of course the Ducks could trade Perry who would be the biggest addition for any contender.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen so many stupid moves by GM's at the deadline in the past. Giving up top prospects for aging Vets is one way of hurting your team more than helping it. I would only make a move like that if I was the GM of Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago or Anaheim. Of course the Ducks could trade Perry who would be the biggest addition for any contender.

can you send a memo to Ed Snider please? he missed it the first 248 go-arounds.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,837.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a trade TJ Brennan (D) to Fla.
5th round pick 2013 to Buffalo.

whatever...

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't see it.
Quick got his paycheque and has been less than stellar. Kings need Bernier more than a rental in Iginla.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know where to put this & I don't think it deserves it's own thread.

Spokane Chiefs Defenseman Brendan Kichton has turned down an entry level contract from the Islanders & will re-enter the NHL draft in June. Kichton has 22G 61A 83PTS in 70 games for the Chiefs this season, ranking him 18th in scoring in the entire WHL.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we inch closer to deadline day...who are sellers? It's still difficult to picture totally, but at this point I'd say Buffalo, Washington, Florida (they have no healthy players to sell...), Tampa? Then out West it's tougher, but Colorado, Dallas, Calgary? They're much tougher to give up out there though...much closer.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we inch closer to deadline day...who are sellers? It's still difficult to picture totally, but at this point I'd say Buffalo, Washington, Florida (they have no healthy players to sell...), Tampa? Then out West it's tougher, but Colorado, Dallas, Calgary? They're much tougher to give up out there though...much closer.

This week is pivotal for the Flames in the buyers/sellers decision. The logical thing to do would be to sell and re-coup draft picks, but if the team wins two out of three games this week and is knocking on the door for a playoff spot, will Feaster and ownership pull the trigger?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Columbus certainly won't be buying, but I expect them to be willing to listen to offers for a certain few players
Umberger
Brassard
Prospal
Aucoin
Mason

Problem is, who wants any of them? Umbys contract is big and he has a NMC. Prospal does too. Brassard might be moveable, and if they can package Mason with him...

Pretty sure that none of the prospects are going anywhere. Jarmo went to Ontario yesterday to watch a game with and get to know Boone Jenner. Johansen finally has the trust of the coach, and all the young D - even Erixon - have been solid. Calvert and Atkinson are the heart and soul right now.

If the Jackets could trade Brass and Mason for Bishop and a second, I'd be thrilled.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week is pivotal for the Flames in the buyers/sellers decision. The logical thing to do would be to sell and re-coup draft picks, but if the team wins two out of three games this week and is knocking on the door for a playoff spot, will Feaster and ownership pull the trigger?

:laugh3:

Wait, were you serious?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feaster and logical in the same sentence :gaah:

I guess I should have highlighted my specific area. I wasn't even thinking about logical, more just the idea of Feaster actually acknowledging that the Flames wouldn't make the POs.