• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2013 CBA trade frenzy party thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're a month away (minus one day) from the trade deadline - Why do I think the hype of potential big name players being moved will fizzle out and all we will see is minor moves?

I want a blockbuster damn it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea if Lou will make a move, but the Devils have some tradeable pieces, are well under the cap and have a ton of money coming off the books after this season. I don't know what will happen after that so hopefully they make a push this year.

Aside from ELCs, only Kovy, Zajac and Volchenkov are signed passed next season.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're a month away (minus one day) from the trade deadline - Why do I think the hype of potential big name players being moved will fizzle out and all we will see is minor moves?

I want a blockbuster damn it.

The thing that will hold up deals is teams thinking they still have a chance at the postseason. We need some more underachieving and overachieving from others. As a Pens fan, there's no way a move isn't made by Shero. I'd be flabbergasted.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kipper, Iggy, and JayBo for Fleury, Sutter, and Letang

:D

/Need to have a Sutter (lol)

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are ... for now

if he takes the reigns and shows he's the #1 then I dont see why they shouldnt annoint him that either

BUT

where theres smoke, theres fire ... Lebrun has said all along that Tallon loves Luongo (I dont know why?) and then theres the matter of this "hush hush" Vegas dinner the Panthers owner had with Luongo during last summer that canucks ownership had zero problem with ... no screams of tampering

was it Luongo just trying to sell himself again ? LOL

All it takes is for a GM to fall in love with a player & they will do whatever it takes to get them. So far Tallon hasn't been willing to pay the price for Luongo. With the Panthers having a horrible start to the season will they make a deal for next year? I don't know, but they need to find out what they have in Markstrom before they acquire Luongo.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballards agent is going to talk about his doghouse status with the team ... trade request may finally be coming

Blake Price is pitching Komisarek for Ballard :ohwell:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballards agent is going to talk about his doghouse status with the team ... trade request may finally be coming

Blake Price is pitching Komisarek for Ballard :ohwell:

i mentioned this earlier on twitter not that I think its good unless we use Komisarek better than ballard but its a lateral move with hope either player provides more for their new team.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kipper, Iggy, and JayBo for Fleury, Sutter, and Letang

:D

/Need to have a Sutter (lol)

Hmm...I dunno. How do you feel about that Malkin character instead of Sutter? He's too damn injury prone anyway.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...I dunno. How do you feel about that Malkin character instead of Sutter? He's too damn injury prone anyway.

I don't know about that Malkin guy, he's got way too much skill for the Flames...We'd probably try to turn him into a 4th line checker.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mentioned this earlier on twitter not that I think its good unless we use Komisarek better than ballard but its a lateral move with hope either player provides more for their new team.

I don't know why any team would want Komisarek at this point. 4.5M next year as well. YIKES!!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i just dont see why the Leafs would do it ... Ballard is basically JM Liles ... he has 1 extra year remaining on his contract in comparison to Komisarek

I can see why the canucks might do it ... ballard is being misused/miscast ... makes their buyout less expensive ... I cringe at pointing out a benefit of having komisarek but ON PAPER he is a right sided, right handed dman which they need more of

if the canucks could throw in a 4th rounder and get Korbinian Holzer (another righty) in the deal i might be swayed - lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't get Ryan O'Reilly, maybe you should try to land Morgan Rielly (lol)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just dont see why the Leafs would do it ... Ballard is basically JM Liles ... he has 1 extra year remaining on his contract in comparison to Komisarek

I can see why the canucks might do it ... ballard is being misused/miscast ... makes their buyout less expensive ... I cringe at pointing out a benefit of having komisarek but ON PAPER he is a right sided, right handed dman which they need more of

if the canucks could throw in a 4th rounder and get Korbinian Holzer (another righty) in the deal i might be swayed - lol

I think they also have a pretty disgruntled Dman and would like to move him. noone will over pay for him so why not one for one. I still think Ballard is ALOT better than he is with the way AV has used him. if Im Nonis I do it if Im gillis errrrrrr.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there goes that idea

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
FLA's Stephen Weiss is shut down for the rest of the year, will require surgery for an ongoing wrist problem.

FLA can't catch a break lately. If healthy, Weiss would've been major trade deadline (rental) chip to play. Now he's gone to UFA in July.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO to the Pens (or Wilkes-Barre)

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG Penguins sign RW Tom Kostopoulos to a one-year, two-way contract worth $600,000 in the NHL.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank goodness. Im kinda tired of getting Panther Vets on this team.

there goes that idea

FLA's Stephen Weiss is shut down for the rest of the year, will require surgery for an ongoing wrist problem.

FLA can't catch a break lately. If healthy, Weiss would've been major trade deadline (rental) chip to play. Now he's gone to UFA in July.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers should shut down RNH as well, but they won't...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville Predators claimed Zach Boychuk off waivers