• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers Spring Training 2020

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bein first in the lower half isn't a good thing
No it isn't. That is my point. It seems really silly to say let's be first in baseball when you aren't even half way to being the best in the AL.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halos are noted for going after players to spite Rangers despite obvious need. As in this case pitching. Arte could care less about overpaying and has gotten nowhere with even the best player in baseball for this generation
In this case he didn't have to overpay.

Reactions: DTC

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halos are noted for going after players to spite Rangers despite obvious need. As in this case pitching. Arte could care less about overpaying and has gotten nowhere with even the best player in baseball for this generation
Arte has made so many stupid moves it is ridiculous. We all would be having a field day and I can't imagine even one person would be in his corner. He has strapped that team time and time again with his stupidity. He overpaid for Matthews, Jr all because of what may be one of the greatest plays in CF ever and back doored us on Hamilton when most Ranger fans knew it was time to let him go as he had become a mental case. I give JD props on standing still on that one. Those are just 2 that involved us but there are so many more.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case he didn't have to overpay.
We really don’t know one way or another and I think Boras who has a box in the stadium was a factor.

So we believe what we choose

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, he still did.
No, he paid the market rate and what Rendon got was right at what many had predicted him to get. JD MESSED UP!!!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really don’t know one way or another and I think Boras who has a box in the stadium was a factor.

So we believe what we choose
Some choose to stick their head in the sand and wave the Team JD pom poms. Some don't.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Michael Young:

Right...they did it because trash can acoustics are good for the soul.

Yes, they had a good team. But of course it impacted the game. If it didn’t impact the game, why continue it? Don’t play the public for fools. Just apologize, be accountable, and move forward. https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1227965789615067136 …

Brian McTaggart

✔@brianmctaggart

Jim Crane: “Our opinion is this didn’t impact the game. We had a good team. We won the World Series and we’ll leave it at that.”

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Michael Young:

Right...they did it because trash can acoustics are good for the soul.

Yes, they had a good team. But of course it impacted the game. If it didn’t impact the game, why continue it? Don’t play the public for fools. Just apologize, be accountable, and move forward. https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1227965789615067136 …

Brian McTaggart

✔@brianmctaggart

Jim Crane: “Our opinion is this didn’t impact the game. We had a good team. We won the World Series and we’ll leave it at that.”
It impacted the game. It impacted careers. It impacted contracts.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some choose to stick their head in the sand and wave the Team JD pom poms. Some don't.
I choose to do neither. I will wait and see if the moves made in our pitching department helps this team go in the right direction though. I hated missing out on Rendon but could care less about getting any other position players out there but I am curious to see how Adolis Garcia does.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It impacted the game. It impacted careers. It impacted contracts.
They are going to get their tails kicked by the fans everywhere they go. And they deserve it.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honest baseball loving fans
Just like what steroids did to ruin the HR record for fans. It was so tainted that no one ever talks about it anymore and it used to be such a cherished thing for fans to see if a player could break the 61 HR mark.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trips to New York, Cleveland, and LA won’t be pretty for them.

Boston should be nice to them tho.
There is no telling what fans may do and say. Bregman was already an arrogant punk to begin with so that will not be in his favor.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Rendon is not matching the Angels or exceeding their offer, we were never given a chance to do so

The issue comes from the why we weren't offered a chance to... which is the Rangers tried to play games and then weren't taken seriously thereafter.... knowing he wanted 7 and offering 6 is just stupid

Agreed on Castellanos

Marte is no better than Santana in my opinion, so I'm good there and along with Donaldson is a win now move which I think the Rangers are a couple years away from those kind of short term maneuvers... Rendon was a much better long play and no other FA 3B really fit that bill

I like Santana
But I think Marte in Center would have made more sense
Then Santana at 1B with Guzman waiting in the wings.. once injuries start to unfold Santana could go into his utility role
But that ship has sailed lol

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Santana
But I think Marte in Center would have made more sense
Then Santana at 1B with Guzman waiting in the wings.. once injuries start to unfold Santana could go into his utility role
But that ship has sailed lol

How does Marte make more sense? Thats just shipping out prospects and spending money for the sake of spending money for no real improvement on the field, offensively or defensively

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Marte make more sense? Thats just shipping out prospects and spending money for the sake of spending money for no real improvement on the field, offensively or defensively

offensively maybe they’re similar.. but Santana doesn’t have near the consistent track record of Marte.

Marte is better defensively in CF
Santana could play 1B

it would do 2 things
Upgrade the OF defense with a similar bat
Upgrade 1B offense
Also it would allow Santana to be more of a utility guy..

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offensively maybe they’re similar.. but Santana doesn’t have near the consistent track record of Marte.

Marte is better defensively in CF
Santana could play 1B

it would do 2 things
Upgrade the OF defense with a similar bat
Upgrade 1B offense
Also it would allow Santana to be more of a utility guy..

Marte was -9 defensive runs saved in CF last year, he was good in LF, CF not so much

Why would we want Santana to be mediocre at lots of positions? At least give the guy a chance in CF, he's stated its where he feels best