• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers Spring Training 2020

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Bryant a Ranger now. Earlier it was said he was dealt to Rangers.
Only discussions. No trade as of yet. Seems like I saw something bogus the other day too

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moves that could follow Mookie Betts trade

1. Kris Bryant dealt to Rangers
The Braves, Nationals and Phillies are also in play as the Cubs consider their options. But the Rangers are the most motivated buyer after an offseason in which they dramatically upgraded their starting rotation and attempted to land a star third baseman such as Anthony Rendon or Nolan Arenado.

General manager Jon Daniels needs one more big move to keep pace with the AL's top contenders, and Bryant -- under club control through 2021 -- would not be a one-season rental. Additionally, Texas has an elite third-base prospect in Josh Jung, who could be Bryant’s long-term replacement in Chicago.
@Kelleyman this is what Made me think the deal was done

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I look at the Astros, Angels and Athletics they all have multiple stars in their lineup who produce 4.5 WAR more and or have an .850+ OPS

I feel like the Rangers have Gallo and maybe if we’re lucky Santana and Calhoun can get to .850

Angels- Trout, Rendon, Ohtani, a healthy Upton?
Athletics- Semien, Chapman, Canha, Laureano, Olson
Astros-Brantley, Gurriel, Alvarez, Altuve, Springer, Bergman

With Lynn and Minor producing 7+ WAR EACH.. and adding Kluber, Lyles and Gibson
It seemed to make sense that they would add 2 big bats for 3B, 1B, or CF
It would have been amazing to sign Rendon and trade for Mancini
Or something along the lines
I’m curious if we finish 4th in our division..
Astros-98 wins
Athletics-90 wins
Angels-88 wins
Rangers-85 wins
Why wouldn’t the front office try to add 8 wins to the team so we could atleast go for a wild card..

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think they didn't?
1B is still Guzman
CF is still Santana
3B- they added Frazier... maybe 1.5 wins
Chirinos will add probably 2.5 wins
I factored all that in with my 85 win prediction.
I’m curious as to why they didn’t add 2 legit bats to the line up from those 3 spots.
1B, CF, 3B
It maybe because they aren’t quite ready
But hope to be in a year or 2
Probably 2
The new stadium will fill the first 2 years by default.
Hopefully whatever the plan is they’re willing to go all out come 2022

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think they didn't?

they really didn’t try to upgrade the offense.

All the people who struggled last year are still in place and expected to play tons of AB’s.

no under performers have been benched, moved, and to top it off they haven’t even really brought in backup plans for those same guys either.

The front office seems ok with suckage and that’s very disturbing considering they were just given a new ball park. They should’ve tried to upgrade the offense.

these guys are quickly becoming known for talking a big game, when the moment comes they give a low ball offer that they know will be rejected, they come back to the face the fan base and shrug their shoulders while saying “ we tried guys. Price was too high sorry. Look at our minor leagues. Help is coming!”

round and round we go.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course but it's written they want prospects or guys who have team control beyond 2 years.
Yeah, I know some team will give them what they want. I just hope it isn't us.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I look at the Astros, Angels and Athletics they all have multiple stars in their lineup who produce 4.5 WAR more and or have an .850+ OPS

I feel like the Rangers have Gallo and maybe if we’re lucky Santana and Calhoun can get to .850

Astros-98 wins
Athletics-90 wins
Angels-88 wins
Rangers-85 wins
Why wouldn’t the front office try to add 8 wins to the team so we could atleast go for a wild card..
I don't think they ever intended to get 2 big bats. They probably wanted Rendon, but JD blew it trying to play games when Boras wasn't in the mood to play.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those holding their breath for the springtime addition of a big bat or center fielder need to go ahead and enjoy air again.

General manager Jon Daniels said that the Texas Rangers are not involved in any meaningful trade talks for an impact hitter, presumably third basemen Nolan Arenado or Kris Bryant, and that they are not planning to add a center fielder.

The Rangers, Daniels said Wednesday, are preparing to enter the regular season with the players they have in spring training.

“There’s nothing that is front-burner right now that I’m expecting to come to a head this spring,” Daniels said. “There will be a lot of conversations, I’m sure.”

A deal could come at the end of spring training or early in the season after teams gain a grasp as to how they stack up. It might not be until June or July before the Rangers get deeper into talks with another team.

Daniels said the Rangers didn’t like the kind of deals it would take to sign the last batch of center fielders.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those holding their breath for the springtime addition of a big bat or center fielder need to go ahead and enjoy air again.

General manager Jon Daniels said that the Texas Rangers are not involved in any meaningful trade talks for an impact hitter, presumably third basemen Nolan Arenado or Kris Bryant, and that they are not planning to add a center fielder.

The Rangers, Daniels said Wednesday, are preparing to enter the regular season with the players they have in spring training.

“There’s nothing that is front-burner right now that I’m expecting to come to a head this spring,” Daniels said. “There will be a lot of conversations, I’m sure.”

A deal could come at the end of spring training or early in the season after teams gain a grasp as to how they stack up. It might not be until June or July before the Rangers get deeper into talks with another team.

Daniels said the Rangers didn’t like the kind of deals it would take to sign the last batch of center fielders.

WHOMP WHOMP

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont like a trade for Bryant if the idea is putting him at 3B, bc he's not even that good of a 3B, long term he's probably a LF type, which I guess is ok if you slide Calhoun to DH and put Bryant in LF but then you still have a hole at 3B

But I guess he would be ok defensively at 3B for a couple years, but he doesn't move the needle at all for IF defense

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Astros-98 wins
Athletics-90 wins
Angels-88 wins
Rangers-85 wins
In the eyes of some on this board the Rangers shouldn't try to compete for a playoff spot until we're ready to go all the way so trying right now would be a waste of team energy and prospects

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont like a trade for Bryant if the idea is putting him at 3B, bc he's not even that good of a 3B, long term he's probably a LF type, which I guess is ok if you slide Calhoun to DH and put Bryant in LF but then you still have a hole at 3B

But I guess he would be ok defensively at 3B for a couple years, but he doesn't move the needle at all for IF defense
Better than anything we have right now. Jung is at least a year probably 2 away