• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers Spring Training 2020

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Allen has a great ST, I bet he gets the job.
He could be an interesting piece to watch. I was never too crazy about him as a closer for the Indians but I hope he can be a valuable asset in the pen.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll lay off Guzman until 1 month of regular season games just for you buddy.

I’ll take another look at him then.
As a side note I used to live in SA back from 69-76 and I went to almost every ABA game with the Iceman, Kenon, Swen Nader, James Silas and Mike Gale as the starting 5. That was some fun basketball especially when Dr. J came to town. Him and the Iceman put on some serious action.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be optimistic for a few moments and assume Odor has a breakthrough and puts together a fine season. What happens because of that? Do you find another fulltime position for Solak and keep him? Do you trade Solak? Do you trade Odor now that his trade value is high again? What should happen and what do you think the Rangers will do?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be optimistic for a few moments and assume Odor has a breakthrough and puts together a fine season. What happens because of that? Do you find another fulltime position for Solak and keep him? Do you trade Solak? Do you trade Odor now that his trade value is high again? What should happen and what do you think the Rangers will do?

It’s hard to imagine me trusting him ever again.

It’s concerning that JD said he literally goes home to his ranch in the offseason and never picks up a bat. It doesn’t really mesh with the stuff they say about him wanting to be the team leader and the guy people look up to.

id trade him first chance I got, but the rangers front office is obviously in love with this guy for some reason.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes be optimistic. First things first. Keep Solak if possible and trade Odor if and when possible.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s hard to imagine me trusting him ever again.

It’s concerning that JD said he literally goes home to his ranch in the offseason and never picks up a bat. It doesn’t really mesh with the stuff they say about him wanting to be the team leader and the guy people look up to.

id trade him first chance I got, but the rangers front office is obviously in love with this guy for some reason.
He did work on his hitting this offseason.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did work on his hitting this offseason.
He is like a bouncing ball. He has hit well before but when he is up he always comes down. Been a problem to long. Hope he does very well to the extent he can be traded.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is like a bouncing ball. He has hit well before but when he is up he always comes down. Been a problem to long. Hope he does very well to the extent he can be traded.

I think the front office is destined to screw up odor and second base no matter what.

he plays horribly = they make excuses, dig their heels in, and resist making any changes at all.

he plays mediocre = they will talk about and treat him like he’s an all star

he plays well = they will keep him and quite possibly think about extending him when they should probably be trying to trade him given his sketchy and unpredictable past.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the front office is destined to screw up odor and second base no matter what.

he plays horribly = they make excuses, dig their heels in, and resist making any changes at all.

he plays mediocre = they will talk about and treat him like he’s an all star

he plays well = they will keep him and quite possibly think about extending him when they should probably be trying to trade him given his sketchy and unpredictable past.

Notice I hope he does well so we can trade him. Otherwise we're stuck. Be optimistic is the best thing for time being. No use to continue brow beating him any more. We all know the story.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moves that could follow Mookie Betts trade

1. Kris Bryant dealt to Rangers
The Braves, Nationals and Phillies are also in play as the Cubs consider their options. But the Rangers are the most motivated buyer after an offseason in which they dramatically upgraded their starting rotation and attempted to land a star third baseman such as Anthony Rendon or Nolan Arenado.

General manager Jon Daniels needs one more big move to keep pace with the AL's top contenders, and Bryant -- under club control through 2021 -- would not be a one-season rental. Additionally, Texas has an elite third-base prospect in Josh Jung, who could be Bryant’s long-term replacement in Chicago.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bryant coming to Texas, how does that effect Frazier. Also sounds like we may be trading Jung to the Cubs down stream.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bryant coming to Texas, how does that effect Frazier. Also sounds like we may be trading Jung to the Cubs down stream.
Let's hope JD is not dumb enough to make that trade.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moves that could follow Mookie Betts trade

1. Kris Bryant dealt to Rangers
The Braves, Nationals and Phillies are also in play as the Cubs consider their options. But the Rangers are the most motivated buyer after an offseason in which they dramatically upgraded their starting rotation and attempted to land a star third baseman such as Anthony Rendon or Nolan Arenado.

General manager Jon Daniels needs one more big move to keep pace with the AL's top contenders, and Bryant -- under club control through 2021 -- would not be a one-season rental. Additionally, Texas has an elite third-base prospect in Josh Jung, who could be Bryant’s long-term replacement in Chicago.

looking back at the JT Realmuto trade.
He had 2 years of team control left and put up 3.9 WAR in 2017 and 4.2 WAR in 2018
The Phillies traded 3 guys for him.
Will Stewart
Will Stewart Minor Leagues Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com
Jorge Alfaro
Jorge Alfaro Stats | Baseball-Reference.com
Sixto Sanchez
Sixto Sanchez Minor Leagues Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

Kris Bryant put up 1.9 WAR in 2018 and 3.6 WAR in 2019. Less than Realmuto. He will also make more than Realmuto. $18 mil this year and probably $22 mil next year compared to $6 mil in 2019 for Realmuto and $10 mil this year. So he is slightly less valuable but a decent bit more expensive.

I think a fair Trade would be

Isiah Kiner-Falefa—put up 1.6 WAR in his rookie year 2018. Versatile. Could be their next Ben Zobrist type
Isiah Kiner-Falefa Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

Cole Winn-#3 prospect- Cole Winn Minor Leagues Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

Yerry Rodriguez-#22 prospect
Yerry Rodriguez Minor Leagues Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

not sure if I want the Rangers to keep all their prospects for 2022-2027 or if I want them to add Bryant and hope the pitching is legit and they can win 95 games..
I just don’t know
Seeing as how we don’t have a legit super star or 2 on our team..
I tend to lean towards keeping our prospects

Last edited:

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was trending down