• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers Spring Training 2020

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to network obligations the season won’t go far past November 1st. Bet it gets done. Owners will counter or they will get one done jointly. Owners won’t want to lose face with public

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well. Big changes ahead for minor league baseball. Not only this year but for years to come

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the full list of players released:

RHP Austin Bibens-Dirkx
RHP Shane Carle
RHP Alex Carrillo
RHP Juan Castillo
RHP Alex Eubanks
RHP Nick Gardewine
RHP Cal Hehnke
RHP Sam Hellinger
RHP George Janca
RHP Taylor Jungmann
RHP Billy Layne
RHP Jeifry Nunez
RHP Arturo Reyes
RHP Luis Rosario
RHP Scott Williams
LHP Brandon Baker
LHP Justin Lewis
LHP Brandon Mann
LHP Zack Penrod
LHP Francisco Villegas

C Alex Kowalczyk
C Kevin Mendoza
C Isaias Quiroz
C Josue Rodriguez

INF Andretty Cordero
INF Yaniery Guzman
INF Tyler Depreta-Johnson
INF Stanley Martinez

OF Luis Asuncion
OF William Jeffry
OF Eric Jenkins
OF Starling Joseph
OF Franklin Rollin
OF Chad Smith
OF Hasuan Viera

UTL Josh Altmann
UTL Rafy Barete

Arturo Reyes is the only player from this list that started spring training in the Rangers' major league camp.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the players must make pro rata salaries without any further cuts, then I am okay with not playing any games without the stands full of fans, or as many who want to come. If that means no season then so be it.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the players must make pro rata salaries without any further cuts, then I am okay with not playing any games without the stands full of fans, or as many who want to come. If that means no season then so be it.
Until America can get back to acting like America, baseball needs to do the same. Second rate MLB does not need to happen. Just my opinion.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not seeing why there can’t be some fans at game at some point Guess there could be bathroom risk now but things may change in a couple of months. To me it is a bad look to baseball not to get something done

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until America can get back to acting like America, baseball needs to do the same. Second rate MLB does not need to happen. Just my opinion.
It’s going to happen though even if only 50 games.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s going to happen though even if only 50 games.
That is besides the point. I agree 100% with DT in that I really could not care less about having a half baked season. It's just not that important to me to have baseball for the sake of saying we had a baseball season.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is besides the point. I agree 100% with DT in that I really could not care less about having a half baked season. It's just not that important to me to have baseball for the sake of saying we had a baseball season.

Ok so all sports should cease for now? Football may limit fans.... half baked or not, I am interested for now.. just not to you guys point of view.. baseball does not need to abandon their fans more than they have already shown callousness

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so all sports should cease for now? Football may limit fans.... half baked or not, I am interested for now.. just not to you guys point of view.. baseball does not need to abandon their fans more than they have already shown callousness
Football may have a full season. Baseball will not and I do not look at it as abandoning their fans.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

baseball is in a bad spot. It’s much easier for basketball and hockey to resume their seasons than it is for baseball to come to a deal on how to possibly start theirs.

the nfl only has 16 games and they have the luxury to sit back and see how other leagues plans pan out. Baseball definitely has it harder than any other sport.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
baseball is in a bad spot. It’s much easier for basketball and hockey to resume their seasons than it is for baseball to come to a deal on how to possibly start theirs.

the nfl only has 16 games and they have the luxury to sit back and see how other leagues plans pan out. Baseball definitely has it harder than any other sport.
Good points

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine being a team like the Rangers who have never won a WS and then winning this year? As much as you would want to win, in the back of everyone's mind they have an asterisk by the whole season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think football should be played until fans can fill the stadiums.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football may have a full season. Baseball will not and I do not look at it as abandoning their fans.

If they can play but can’t come to a reasonable decision on how to do it and just give up, some fans will feel abandoned. To me it is a bad look for the sport.

But ok, not all feel that way and I get some are so disgusted that they think, let’s just chunk the whole season. But the marginal fan may go elsewhere which will hurt the sport IMO.
This board consists of mostly hardcore fans and a guy like you is willing to wait. That’s fine but Manfred will still declare baseball for 50 games if nothing is negotiated.

All of it is no fun for now.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine being a team like the Rangers who have never won a WS and then winning this year? As much as you would want to win, in the back of everyone's mind they have an asterisk by the whole season.

ranger fans would take it. Banners all look the same after 5 years.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ranger fans would take it. Banners all look the same after 5 years.
I agree. Most hardcore MLB fans don't want anything but the best. Heaven only knows what this season might look like. Keep the GAME pure. Play it the way intended. Any thing less will place a mark on the game forever that will mar history forever.
If the game is shortened, some team will always say" if only we had one more series we probably would have won". As far as owners, players and fans are concerned we all lose. All or nothing.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and when is that going to happen? we have 2 political parties that are more concerned to feeding the animals than bringing everyone together and start America acting like America