• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers Spring Training 2020

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine there will be a few select spots for top prospects who would never have sniffed the big leagues this year. Guys like Huff, Winn and Crouse. Maybe Jung.

Guys coming back from injury like Ragans, Owen White, Alexy, Cody, and Seise are probably dying to get some playing time even more than the rest of the prospects. I wonder if there is any consideration to having a mini minor league season later in the year.
you may be right but i wouldn't think the Rangers would want to waste service time for these players for what amounts to a wasted season. i think the Rangers, if the season even happens, go with Kolby Allard, Kyle Gibson, Ariel Jurado, Corey Kluber, Jordan Lyles, Lance Lynn and Mike Minor as their starters and Cody Allen, Jesse Chavez, Demarcus Evans, Luke Farrell, Luis Garcia, Nick Goody, Jonathan Hernandez, James Jones, Jose Leclerc, Brett Martin, Yohander Mendez, Rafael Montero, Juan Nicasio, Joely Rodriquez + at least one more as relievers. Positionally i think we go with 4 catchers(Chirinos, Mathis, Swihart & Trevino), 10 infielders(Andrus, Bird, Duffy, Frazier, Guzman, Kiner-Falefa, Odor, Rivera, Solar & Travis) and 7 outfielders(Calhoun, Choo, Gallo, Garcia, Heineman, Ramos and Refsnyder). that's 43 players that leaves 7 open positions that your list might be inserted and at the end of the season at least 10 or more go away

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading the latest apparently there seems to be no chance of there being a season. the greed seems too large to overcome

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading the latest apparently there seems to be no chance of there being a season. the greed seems too large to overcome
Thinking we know if anybody blinks by this weekend.
Sad state of affairs in US currently and baseball is only making it worse. So disunified. Was the great game

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone here is on the side of the players, right?
Hello Petey O. I really don't know. Have not kept up. Better to remain quite than make a fool of myself. If we skip the season I want care as this abortion of a season has taken the fun out for me. Hope you guys get what you want.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello Petey O. I really don't know. Have not kept up. Better to remain quite than make a fool of myself. If we skip the season I want care as this abortion of a season has taken the fun out for me. Hope you guys get what you want.

From what I've read, it sounds like the owners are trying to create chaos among the Player's Union, with this "sliding scale" reduction of salaries.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone here is on the side of the players, right?

I would like to think I am on the side of baseball and the average Joe baseball fan.......... I do think it is a shame some MILB players are held hostage. Not a huge fan of Ranger ownership but they have not squeezed Minor leaguers yet

Still, baseball is way too commercialized now and was way simpler decades ago for the fan.

Everyone needs to work so a way to play baseball with or without fans should happen. Hockey figured it out but baseball SMH.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to throw it in my face later if the powers that be somehow work things out and the rangers somehow play well then make the playoffs in whatever unusual format becomes of it, but.....

I can’t be the only one excited about the prospect of getting thru the last year of choo’s eligibility, paying fielder off completely, and getting another year of odor on the rangers scratched off without having to see another bad team with a terrible product out on the field. Granted it would of been a nice field to look at.

In addition, we don’t have to worry about the disingenuous And deeply hated astros winning a World Series this year. They also have to try and keep their team together another offseason.

I understand that our ownership and the team desperately wants to play these games and make some money, but from a rangers fan perspective. No season is just fine with me.

to reiterate..... we are spared from watching a bad team, we get a free year to shed awful salaries from bad players like odor and old guys like choo, and nobody has to throw up watching the cheating Astros win.

how is this not a win - win? Just watch Netflix, watch some hockey, watch football this fall and we will come back to the rangers next year.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to throw it in my face later if the powers that be somehow work things out and the rangers somehow play well then make the playoffs in whatever unusual format becomes of it, but.....

I can’t be the only one excited about the prospect of getting thru the last year of choo’s eligibility, paying fielder off completely, and getting another year of odor on the rangers scratched off without having to see another bad team with a terrible product out on the field. Granted it would of been a nice field to look at.

In addition, we don’t have to worry about the disingenuous And deeply hated astros winning a World Series this year. They also have to try and keep their team together another offseason.

I understand that our ownership and the team desperately wants to play these games and make some money, but from a rangers fan perspective. No season is just fine with me.

to reiterate..... we are spared from watching a bad team, we get a free year to shed awful salaries from bad players like odor and old guys like choo, and nobody has to throw up watching the cheating Astros win.

how is this not a win - win? Just watch Netflix, watch some hockey, watch football this fall and we will come back to the rangers next year.
I am with you and DT and I stated it a week or two ago I would just skip the season instead of putting some kind of garbage together. As much of a baseball fan that I am I really do not want to see something that is just a season with an asterisk next to it. It just will not be the same to me.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you and DT and I stated it a week or two ago I would just skip the season instead of putting some kind of garbage together. As much of a baseball fan that I am I really do not want to see something that is just a season with an asterisk next to it. It just will not be the same to me.

I know people think I’m the crazy knee jerk guy on here, but it’s nice to see some consensus every once in awhile!

especially with the 2 oldest and most respected posters here!

I hope we can all enjoy the season next year together. You and DT need to not get corona and stay healthy :hope:

ive been doing my part by quarantining to help the elderly people in the population.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Protest plus cvid -19 has put a lid on baseball I think. Can't see anyway out after the national civil unrest broke out in most MLB cities. What a shame. MLB is the one place where people of color get along for the most part. So sad.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this rate we will be playing every major sport at the same time.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not but they are sure trying to make it happen.
apparently from what is being reported there is just too much worry and greed for the players and owners to reach any agreement on any 2020 seasons. too many of the top paid players are unwilling to accept any pay-cuts and the owners are too worried about their bottom line.