• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers Spring Training 2020

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha who knows re Solak and Odor. Of course if Odor continues to stink he should not start and yes obviously 2B would be easiest for Solak. Rangers did not play him there much to close out the season. Elephants or not, my header is 30 days

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
51Zfs5zsWmL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Your eye remains firmly on 2B unless there is things to be said about 3B haha

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solak in CF takes the 'eye' off 2B.

is there even an “eye” on first base either?

who else thinks the front office isn’t going to give Greg Bird a chance?

they probably brought him in to push Guzman and even if he outperforms him in spring training front office will overlook it and “ stick to the plan”.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha who knows re Solak and Odor. Of course if Odor continues to stink he should not start and yes obviously 2B would be easiest for Solak. Rangers did not play him there much to close out the season. Elephants or not, my header is 30 days
Now, is that 30 days of playing bad overall, or does the clock reset everytime he puts 3 or 4 good games together?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they probably brought him in to push Guzman and even if he outperforms him in spring training front office will overlook it and “ stick to the plan”.
Solak said he worked out mostly at 3B in the offseason, so you may see him there and Frazier at first if Guzman struggles.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess them considering bringing Choo back answers why they didn't go after Castellanos.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Bird will be given a good look see otherwise he would not have been brought in. Guzman has all the talent to become a very fine player. With more playing time and hitting instructions he is worth a fair shot besides we have plenty of time to find out.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, is that 30 days of playing bad overall, or does the clock reset everytime he puts 3 or 4 good games together?
I think overall 30 days unless it is last 3-4 days. Then next slump he is benched.
Good intuitive question

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bird will be given a good look see otherwise he would not have been brought in. Guzman has all the talent to become a very fine player. With more playing time and hitting instructions he is worth a fair shot besides we have plenty of time to find out.

the front office is way too damn patient and I really don’t think the patience is going to pay off.

sometimes it’s frustrating not being able to do anything to help the situation.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bird is healthy he might be good. I am pulling for Guzman as we need better players out there who can play good defense and hit.

That is why we need elite defensive guys up the middle.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the front office is way too damn patient and I really don’t think the patience is going to pay off.

sometimes it’s frustrating not being able to do anything to help the situation.
The key is time. Not talking about Odor. Guz has not had near the time as Odor and may be a good gamble and if not, get him a pony and ride.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is time. Not talking about Odor. Guz has not had near the time as Odor and may be a good gamble and if not, get him a pony and ride.

there must be some kind of explanation.

does the organization just suck at developing talent and there’s no viable backup options to these players who I think are very sub par?

Are backup options really that hard to find?

isn’t competition considered a healthy thing? Why should odor and Guzman be treated like Beltre when they are clearly not like him?

I promised to lay off Guzman and I’m going to do that until May, but I’m just trying to understand why we are at the highest level of the game and certain players have been permitted to suck at their jobs for very long periods of time without any corrective action or reduced role.

if I had 2 bad weeks in a row at my job, I’d probably be fired.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

does the organization just suck at developing talent and there’s no viable backup options to these players who I think are very sub par?

isn’t competition considered a healthy thing? Why should odor and Guzman be treated like Beltre when they are clearly not like him?

I promised to lay off Guzman and I’m going to do that until May, but I’m just trying to understand why we are at the highest level of the game and certain players have been permitted to suck at their jobs for very long periods of time without any corrective action or reduced role.

As far as developing guys we are definitely in a lull with the exception of the one position that we refuse to replace the starter. But, not long though, and we will have some viable candidates for C, 1B, 2B, 3B and maybe OF.

Maybe at SS as well, in 3 or 4 years.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as developing guys we are definitely in a lull with the exception of the one position that we refuse to replace the starter. But, not long though, and we will have some viable candidates for C, 1B, 2B, 3B and maybe OF.

Maybe at SS as well, in 3 or 4 years.

whoever 2nd base is..... they will probably have to wait until 2024 or probably later than that.

There’s only one front office in MLB who likes odor and that just so happens to be the same one running this team.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guzman had a reduced role and was also sent to the minors at the end of last season.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
took way too long and you know it.

they might’ve already alienated Calhoun in the long run.

Surely you jest, Calhoun is fully entrenched with team and penciled in as a starter. I want to make sure Solak gets disenchanted