• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers Spring Training 2020

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying but I really do not want Donaldson or Moustakas. I would rather hold on to the money in hopes of getting something better down the road. But the question most of us have is will they use that money. I was really not thinking of a catcher when it came to the IF situation. So to me the prize was Rendon and after that I did not care.
1 agree about using the money but a well-organized team has a Plan A, a Plan B and a Plan C for each off-season positional need. The Rangers had a Plan A for 3rd base and that was it, no plan beyond Rendon. And as far as other needs were concerned they had no plan at all

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 agree about using the money but a well-organized team has a Plan A, a Plan B and a Plan C for each off-season positional need. The Rangers had a Plan A for 3rd base and that was it, no plan beyond Rendon. And as far as other needs were concerned they had no plan at all
Sorry scotsman. Have to disagree. They may not have had your plan but I do believe part of their plan was to put a rotation together and they did that. They also brought Chirinos back which to me is no big deal. Who did you want them to bring in once they missed out on Rendon? And who do you want to take time away? And don't say Odor because that is not happening right now. Take more time away from Solak, Santana, IKF? They must like what they have in the OF and they have the corners covered between Frazier, Solak, IKF and Guzman. Andrus and Odor are not moving for now. On top of that we picked up some decent BP pieces, Garcia in the OF who will be at AAA and some pitchers at the minor league level who we hope are ready in another year or possibly less.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously there was at least a Plan B, it was Frazier

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s quotes like these which show just how out-of-touch everyone associated with the Astros organization (including their awful fanbase) is.

All we keep hearing from the majority of Houston fans is that anyone who dares to say bad things about the Astros is a “crybaby”. Their players are telling the rest of Major League Baseball to shut up. And their ownership and management is acting like what they did was only kind of wrong and not really that bad.

What that entire pile of human filth doesn’t understand is that it’s not just the Dodgers and Yankees mad at them for costing them a World Series. Literally EVERYONE involved with baseball, both past and present, is calling them out for how awful their cheating was. You’ve got 2 guys here, Haren and Weaver, who have no skins in this game whatsoever. Neither played in those playoffs, and neither was personally affected by the trash can banging. Yet you can see that even they realize just how despicable the Astros are for what they did.

Just today, the usually soft-spoken Mike Trout spoke out against them. And even legends like Hank Aaron think they should be stripped of their title.

I just don’t understand how one organization can be so arrogant, out of touch with reality, and completely devoid of any integrity (not only as athletes, but as human beings as well). It’s bad enough they cheated. But the doubling down and basically laughing about it in everyone’s faces instead of offering humble apologies is what really gets me.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ugly nasty skunk Jeff luhnow should’ve been banned for life. He knew about the cheating and just didn’t care because the Astros wanted to win at all costs and literally fuck everyone else.

I hope luhnow is so tainted now that nobody hires him. The guy really is garbage.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree or not, Colin Kapernick has paid a huge price for what many thought was wrong behavior in sports. It has cost him a career. Perhaps Astro cheaters should get a taste of the same. Not saying it would be right or wrong but I bet cheating would come to a sudden halt.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ugly nasty skunk Jeff luhnow should’ve been banned for life. He knew about the cheating and just didn’t care because the Astros wanted to win at all costs and literally fuck everyone else.

I hope luhnow is so tainted now that nobody hires him. The guy really is garbage.
You never leave a doubt behind.:L

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s quotes like these which show just how out-of-touch everyone associated with the Astros organization (including their awful fanbase) is.

All we keep hearing from the majority of Houston fans is that anyone who dares to say bad things about the Astros is a “crybaby”. Their players are telling the rest of Major League Baseball to shut up. And their ownership and management is acting like what they did was only kind of wrong and not really that bad.

What that entire pile of human filth doesn’t understand is that it’s not just the Dodgers and Yankees mad at them for costing them a World Series. Literally EVERYONE involved with baseball, both past and present, is calling them out for how awful their cheating was. You’ve got 2 guys here, Haren and Weaver, who have no skins in this game whatsoever. Neither played in those playoffs, and neither was personally affected by the trash can banging. Yet you can see that even they realize just how despicable the Astros are for what they did.

Just today, the usually soft-spoken Mike Trout spoke out against them. And even legends like Hank Aaron think they should be stripped of their title.

I just don’t understand how one organization can be so arrogant, out of touch with reality, and completely devoid of any integrity (not only as athletes, but as human beings as well). It’s bad enough they cheated. But the doubling down and basically laughing about it in everyone’s faces instead of offering humble apologies is what really gets me.
Manfred is a coward in my book. His latest is that he did not dole out punishment for the players because their punishment will come from the fans. That is such an idiotic take on it. And because he is such a coward what the end result may be is that players could be injured. Be a man and suspend these guys. Set a precedence. When even Mike Trout speaks up about it as he has now you know it has permeated the majority of the players and they are not happy on what the punishment was.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus this yesterday tell us we need a new commissioner:
"The idea of an asterisk or asking anything for a piece of metal back seems like a futile act"

Justin Turner responded: "For him to devalue (the World Series trophy) the way he did yesterday just tells me how out of touch he is with the players in this game. At this point the only thing devaluing that trophy is that is says 'commissioner' on it." Touche to Turner.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry scotsman. Have to disagree. They may not have had your plan but I do believe part of their plan was to put a rotation together and they did that. They also brought Chirinos back which to me is no big deal. Who did you want them to bring in once they missed out on Rendon? And who do you want to take time away? And don't say Odor because that is not happening right now. Take more time away from Solak, Santana, IKF? They must like what they have in the OF and they have the corners covered between Frazier, Solak, IKF and Guzman. Andrus and Odor are not moving for now. On top of that we picked up some decent BP pieces, Garcia in the OF who will be at AAA and some pitchers at the minor league level who we hope are ready in another year or possibly less.
Sorry but we still don't have a above average 3rd baseman and even the Rangers made it clear that they would rather have Santana as our super-utility player which without a above or at least average option in CF isn't going to happen because we didn't have a Plan for either

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manfred is a coward in my book. His latest is that he did not dole out punishment for the players because their punishment will come from the fans. That is such an idiotic take on it. And because he is such a coward what the end result may be is that players could be injured. Be a man and suspend these guys. Set a precedence. When even Mike Trout speaks up about it as he has now you know it has permeated the majority of the players and they are not happy on what the punishment was.
Unfortunately Manfred answers to the owners and suspending players he thinks will shrink revenue.

Blunt way to put it is he is in their pockets.

The backlash continues and that may have worse repercussions than thought

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but we still don't have a above average 3rd baseman and even the Rangers made it clear that they would rather have Santana as our super-utility player which without a above or at least average option in CF isn't going to happen because we didn't have a Plan for either
What is your plan besides Plan A, B and C? And the alternatives at 3b do not excite me that was out there this off season other than Rendon. Some just want moves to be made to say a move was made. But then when a move is made they piss and moan anyway.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Manfred answers to the owners and suspending players he thinks will shrink revenue.

Blunt way to put it is he is in their pockets.

The backlash continues and that may have worse repercussions than thought
My feeling exactly.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

manfred didn’t foresee that the players will now feel obligated to punish the Astros.

astro players are going to get beaned this year. A lot. I hope bregman gets most of the bean balls. I hate that little bitch.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
manfred didn’t foresee that the players will now feel obligated to punish the Astros.

astro players are going to get beaned this year. A lot. I hope bregman gets most of the bean balls. I hate that little bitch.
Your take on Manfred may be correct.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The American League dugout scene at this year's All Star game will be interesting.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate the Astros hitters in this order: Gurriel, Altuve, Correa, Bregman, Reddick, Springer

Gurriel is the biggest hothead jerk of them all, and he’s the one who mocked Yu Darvish by pulling his eyes squinted shut.

Altuve was always a good contact hitter who used to be a good guy. But then he experienced a miraculous power surge and subsequent trips to the DL, along with a noticeable change in demeanor (gee, I wonder what could have caused all of that). And he cheated his way to an MVP and refuses to admit he was wearing a buzzer when he hit the HR off Chapman. Cheating scumbag.

And Correa is a total fraud. He is a good player, but not a great one. The only year he hit over .300 was... you guessed it, 2017. He’s a .260-.270 hitter who used the trash can scheme to create the illusion that he was one of the game’s best, and now he’s telling other players to shut up and stop complaining about their cheating.

Bregman is a jerk and a showboat, but the one thing I can give the guy is his pedigree and talent. He was an elite hitter at LSU long before he ever heard a trash can being slammed. He’s still a piece of filth for his cocky denials, but he’s a talented one.

The Astros even have despicable pitchers who didn’t benefit from the trashcan banging, but are still scumbags nonetheless. Justin Verlander is a whiny little bitch whose airhead trophy wife fights his battles for him on Twitter. Lance McCullers is a phony holier-than-thou pseudo-Christian who has publicly started feuds with multiple MLB’ers and has repeatedly gone after the Rangers online as having no class. And Roberto Osuna savagely beats women and belongs in prison.

There are plenty of teams I’ve despised over the years for various reasons- Angels, A’s, Yankees, Red Sox, and Blue Jays. But I’ve never truly hated any team the way I now hate the Astros. I never thought it would be possible for me to hold any team and its fanbase in as much contempt as I did the Bautista-Donaldson Blue Jays, but here we are.

I hope that their hitters get thrown at every single game repeatedly and Manfred realizes he can’t suspend the entire pitching staffs of every other team and what a mistake he made by not punishing the Astros harder himself.