• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrell Owens on his way to Seattle for a visit

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
David Mahler:

NFL League source told me tonight that WR Terrell Owens is on his way to Seattle to visit with the #Seahawks. No word on tryout/contract

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was just going to post that. I was fairly surprised because I thought this was on top of the Bryant addition. I'd hate to see Seattle add him. Some part of me wanted him back with the 49ers. Much more than Moss.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well people on this board are probably hoping TO signs with the Seahawks, because according to a bunch on this board, TO is a locker room cancer, he's going to destroy the confidence of the Seattle QBs, and Seattle will be much worse off with TO on their team.

So no way Seattle improves by signing TO. No way Seattle gets better.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recently I've been driving the T.O. Comeback bandwagon, but the Seahawks? :rant:

It's like they've been trying to create a League of Extraordinarily Bitter Ex-Niners up in Seattle.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey you already have a back that naturally runs angry (Beast mode) so why not have a bunch of other angry players on the team when you play the 49ers twice a year?

Last game Seattle played us it was very competitive didn't it come down to the last turnover by Seattle?

(I was being sarcastic about TO I still think he's got something in the tank, and given his financial problems I think he'd be happy with the league minimum)

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well people on this board are probably hoping TO signs with the Seahawks, because according to a bunch on this board, TO is a locker room cancer, he's going to destroy the confidence of the Seattle QBs, and Seattle will be much worse off with TO on their team.

As a very casual Eagles fan, even I can tell you that seems to be the case. Dont know how he was in his early San Francisco years, but Eagles T.O was the exact bolded IIRC

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree, TO was a locker room cancer 5+ years ago. On the 49ers, Eagles and Cowboys. Not anymore. I think he's been humbled by age and his financial problems.

He was not a cancer on the Bills or Bengals.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, can't even enjoy my boy from Cal, Beast Mode, cause he's a Seahawk.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've said it once and I'll say it again the Seahawks are just the poor man's 49ers.

It's like Carroll a younger brother chasing after the older brother in Harbaugh.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T.O. isn't going to turn Seattle's offense into the Saints or Packers... I'm more worried about Braylon Edwards getting his shit together for the Seahawks.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was just going to post that. I was fairly surprised because I thought this was on top of the Bryant addition. I'd hate to see Seattle add him. Some part of me wanted him back with the 49ers. Much more than Moss.

Me too. This news worries me a little. Even at his age I think he can give our dbs problems - dude stays on top notch shape. The only thing that I hate is his mouth. I feel sorry for Jackson b/c he's going to get criticize by TO at some point during this season.

To piggy back on Pozz's sentiment, I would have acquired him the day we decided to cut Edwards. Smh. Though I am happy to hear that TO has gotten a call from a pro league, I hate the fact that it is coming from a team within our division.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

TO sooner or late is going to say something that will make you cringe. HOWEVER, the term "locker room cancer" is extremely exaggerated. It's not that serious.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the number two for the allen wranglers is gettin another shot?

or is he interviewing at a starbucks?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. This news worries me a little. Even at his age I think he can give our dbs problems - dude stays on top notch shape. The only thing that I hate is his mouth. I feel sorry for Jackson b/c he's going to get criticize by TO at some point during this season.

To piggy back on Pozz's sentiment, I would have acquired him the day we decided to cut Edwards. Smh. Though I am happy to hear that TO has gotten a call from a pro league, I hate the fact that it is coming from a team within our division.

Was his knee healthy by then? I too would have rather seen T.O. than Brett freakin Swain.

I still like T.O., I never took it personal that he was one of the first to jump ship when the 49ers were sinking. I just assumed that he'd never play for the 49ers again because he burned the bridges when he left and the Yorks are still the owners. I wouldn't make it as a personal decision but I wouldn't want a guy on my team that didn't want to be around when you needed him and his talents could have really helped a #1 overall QB develop... but only wanted to be around when he needed you and you finally dug yourself out of a decade of sucking. (This is my speaking hypothetically as the owner)

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always seen TO as a great teammate the 1st year or 2, then became the cancer. He at the age where a team would be dumb to give him a long-term contract. I think he will be fine with whatever team picks him up.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Matt Flynn should be the Seattle QB by the time the season starts.
He's getting $26M with $10M guaranteed.

Suppose they sign TO.

Then you have Matt Flynn at QB with Marshawn Lynch at RB.
At WR you have Sidney Rice, Braylon Edwards and TO.
At TE you have Zach Miller and Kellen Winslow.

Alot of these guys could be washed up but if they get it together that is pretty potent and the offensive skilled positions.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Support for T.O.? Hasn't this guy gotten himself run off of multiple semi-pro teams in the past couple of years? Its not just that he was missing games for that last team......he was missing *too many* games, more than his contract even allowed.

He was never the most skilled player, got by on physical ability more than most....and now he's in his late-30s. Good for him if he gets another chance, but I get the sense he doesn't have the ability to justify his attitude anymore, and would furthermore be a locker room distraction as reporters flock to him no matter what he does.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, TO was a locker room cancer 5+ years ago. On the 49ers, Eagles and Cowboys. Not anymore. I think he's been humbled by age and his financial problems.

He was not a cancer on the Bills or Bengals.

Agreed. And the year before he was injured, he was by far the best player on our team. I dont think its crazy to invite him to camp