• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrell Owens on his way to Seattle for a visit

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Support for T.O.? Hasn't this guy gotten himself run off of multiple semi-pro teams in the past couple of years? Its not just that he was missing games for that last team......he was missing *too many* games, more than his contract even allowed.

He was never the most skilled player, got by on physical ability more than most....and now he's in his late-30s. Good for him if he gets another chance, but I get the sense he doesn't have the ability to justify his attitude anymore, and would furthermore be a locker room distraction as reporters flock to him no matter what he does.

T.O. will be T.O., but I wouldn't base my prediction based upon the semi-pro leagues he's warn out his welcome on. I think T.O. lacked respect for the other leagues and felt he had more money. He may be more motivated to play in the NFL and he clearly needs the money. If he doesn't make it now, he won't make it anywhere - not just because of age. He has all the motivation in the world.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had to go to another team i am almost glad it's the Seahawks. Who would be most likely to cover him when we play them? Culliver or Brown?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had to go to another team i am almost glad it's the Seahawks. Who would be most likely to cover him when we play them? Culliver or Brown?

I don't see him requiring any special attention - So I don't think it matters.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO is still a beast. 4.45 forty for a 38 year old receiver that weighs ~225? Crazy.

I am sooooo pissed we did not sign him last year for the playoff run, instead we got Brent Swain. Unbelievable.

I will also be very very pissed off if TO has a better season than Randy Moss has for us.

A 4.45 40? That's hilarious! It's called propaganda Maniax - As for getting pissed, keep in mind that any contract they might work out puts him on the 90, not the 53.

This process is a l-o-n-g way from getting him anywhere near the numbers come game-day. And even if he does make the team how much of the playbook knowledge and chemistry will he have?

I see this is subtraction by addition as all Owens will do is take snaps away and thus impede the development of Tate and others. I have zero fear of Terrell Owens making Seattle's 53. I say go-Seattle-go!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're getting pretty desperate aren't they?

Not at all. Pete Carroll has always said that he encourages competition during training camp. You think guys like Golden Tate and Kris Durham want to get beat out by a 38 year old wide receiver? The fact that he's a known name should make them work even harder. Assuming that Doug Baldwin and Sidney Rice are fixtures for the 53 man roster, at the end of the day Seattle has 11 players vying for 5 or 6 WR spots. The best ones will make it, the others will be cut. I know I'm looking forward to seeing who is on the roster come September 9th.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they want to get beat out by a rookie undrafted FA?

If that's even close to true, then there are SERIOUS problems in Seattle.

LOL. I can see you're not worth talking to. Just go along thinking the Seahawks are desperate. You're gonna be in for a rude surprise this season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why this Mariner fan wants to destroy daycare, but whatever. ;)

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Because you think that Terrell Owens name recognition will not motivate Golden Tate.

How long until the Seahawks announce interest in Curtis Conway? I would suggest Cris Carter for the name recognition, but he never played for the Niners, so the Hawks aren't interested.

Maybe they'll bring back Jerry Rice or Jon Taylor? JJ Stokes is younger. Rashaun Woods is younger still.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In related news the Seahawks brought in Steve Largent for competition. In his turbocharged hoverround he managed a brisk 4.44 40 time. Largent is attempting a comeback to reclaim his records broken by Jerry Rice.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a very casual Eagles fan, even I can tell you that seems to be the case. Dont know how he was in his early San Francisco years, but Eagles T.O was the exact bolded IIRC

well he did get the dodo birds to the super bowl

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you think that Terrell Owens name recognition will not motivate Golden Tate.

How long until the Seahawks announce interest in Curtis Conway? I would suggest Cris Carter for the name recognition, but he never played for the Niners, so the Hawks aren't interested.

Maybe they'll bring back Jerry Rice or Jon Taylor? JJ Stokes is younger. Rashaun Woods is younger still.

rashaun woods? for what their sport fishing team?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm confused. I thought TO admitted he was washed up and had no interest in coming back.