• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrell Owens on his way to Seattle for a visit

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By that logic, the Niner's are obviously very desperate because they signed Moss right?

Yes. I think it was a stupid signing. However, the 49ers probably have a lot more depth at WR than the Seahawks do.

The only way I could see myself beging wrong is if Moss took last year off to do some cycles of steriods. Otherwise, I think he's washed up.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I think it was a stupid signing. However, the 49ers probably have a lot more depth at WR than the Seahawks do.

The only way I could see myself beging wrong is if Moss took last year off to do some cycles of steriods. Otherwise, I think he's washed up.

I agree, and at least you are consistent.

I find it funny that some people bash the Seahawks for picking up an over the hill, out of work, egotist of a wide receiver when we just did the exact same thing. When we should be bashing them for being a god awful franchise that's never won a title. ;)

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Do you really think we have alot more depth at WR?

I'm actually praying that Randy Moss is the Randy Moss of old, otherwise, our receivers will suck again.

Crabtree is a bust. Missing training camp time again. He completely disappears in key games.

Manningham is probably the same as Josh Morgan. He's not really that much better.

And we have the same old Ginn and Williams.

So unless Moss comes in and is a true #1 WR and like the same old Moss, we got the same bunch of crappy WRs as last year. Don't sugar coat our WRs they suck.

Seattle went out and got Braylon and TO. Between Sidney Rice, Braylon and TO if they can get 2 out of 3 performing at a high level then they have a really good pair of receivers there.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And I almost forgot... to top it off Jenkins is underimpressing and looks lost so far.
So our 1st round draft pick is not doing well either. That sucks too.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Yes. Sydney Rice is the only decent WR Seattle has, and he's always injured. Doug Baldwin and Golden Taint do not scare me. Just about every WR on the Niners' roster is better than those guys.

Crabtree is a bust. Missing training camp time again. He completely disappears in key games.?

You're right. He's a bust (you're welcome for the warning on that one by the way McCloughan), but he's still better than every WR on Seattle except for a healthy Sidney Rice.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And I almost forgot... to top it off Jenkins is underimpressing and looks lost so far.
So our 1st round draft pick is not doing well either. That sucks too.

I hated that pick from the very beginning, but I'm not willing to write him off unless he's terrible in actual games. I want to see some of that combine speed translate into yards.

I could see him developing into one of those sneaky WRs like Wes Welcher (to a lesser extent), but he'll have to be fearless. Some small WRs play a lot bigger than they are because they're fearless like Steve Smith.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tom Pelissero on former Seahawks WR Mike Williams:

Heard he weighed 270+ when released.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Sydney Rice is the only decent WR Seattle has, and he's always injured. Doug Baldwin and Golden Taint do not scare me. Just about every WR on the Niners' roster is better than those guys.

You're right. He's a bust (you're welcome for the warning on that one by the way McCloughan), but he's still better than every WR on Seattle except for a healthy Sidney Rice.

Since Crabtree is officially a bust does that mean it is just a matter of time before he is wearing a Seahawk uniform?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm actually praying that Randy Moss is the Randy Moss of old, otherwise, our receivers will suck again.

Crabtree is a bust. Missing training camp time again. He completely disappears in key games.

Manningham is probably the same as Josh Morgan. He's not really that much better.

And we have the same old Ginn and Williams.

So unless Moss comes in and is a true #1 WR and like the same old Moss, we got the same bunch of crappy WRs as last year. Don't sugar coat our WRs they suck.

Seattle went out and got Braylon and TO. Between Sidney Rice, Braylon and TO if they can get 2 out of 3 performing at a high level then they have a really good pair of receivers there.

We may not have a Packers type WR corp, but we give little to zero ground throughout the chart, and the means defenses get no plays off. I agree with NS, we do have a deep, or at least a very solid WR chart.

Something that I think is innocently forgotten from time to time is that our # receiver is a TE and that changes our needs at WR. The point here is simply this, we have as many bonafide receiving threats on the field as any team in the league when we are on offense.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We may not have a Packers type WR corp, but we give little to zero ground throughout the chart, and the means defenses get no plays off. I agree with NS, we do have a deep, or at least a very solid WR chart.

Something that I think is innocently forgotten from time to time is that our # receiver is a TE and that changes our needs at WR. The point here is simply this, we have as many bonafide receiving threats on the field as any team in the league when we are on offense.

If we have such a good WR corps how come they went 1 for 13 vs. the Giants?
Do the Giants have such a good secondary, or does our O-line suck, or Alex sucks or our WRs suck? I think the biggest reason is our WRs suck.

Manningham = Josh Morgan, and if Moss is the washed up Moss instead of the Moss from 3/4 years ago how is our WR corps better?

Did Crabtree and Ginn and Williams suddenly become great WRs in the offseason somehow?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Giants have such a good secondary, or does our O-line suck, or Alex sucks or our WRs suck? I think the biggest reason is our WRs suck.

Manningham = Josh Morgan, and if Moss is the washed up Moss instead of the Moss from 3/4 years ago how is our WR corps better?

Did Crabtree and Ginn and Williams suddenly become great WRs in the offseason somehow?

Dude, is this a serious response to my post or just your entry into the dipshit of the month sweepstakes? Serious question! Which is it?

If this is your attempt at a serious response to my post then please take a minute, an hour, a day, a week however long you need to explain where the fuck anything you said here correlates to anything I said in the context of logical interpretation and current reality.

And if this is just your effort to win dipshit of the month, congratulations - you are officially in the lead.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dude, is this a serious response to my post or just your entry into the dipshit of the month sweepstakes? Serious question! Which is it?

If this is your attempt at a serious response to my post then please take a minute, an hour, a day, a week however long you need to explain where the fuck anything you said here correlates to anything I said in the context of logical interpretation and current reality.

And if this is just your effort to win dipshit of the month, congratulations - you are officially in the lead.

Ok I'll leave you alone in your fantasy world where you think we have a "deep" and "solid" WR corps.

My hopes are completely on Randy Moss. If he's the Randy Moss of old then our WR corps is improved. If he's not then even with +Manningham, +Jenkins, -Josh Morgan I think our WR corps is the same stinky WR corps as last year. Do any of our WRs draw double coverage or special attention on defense, except for Vernon? No.

I agree our #1 WR is Vernon. We can ride him and hope he comes up big like he did against NO and NYG in the playoffs but it would be nice to have a legit #2 receiving option.

Also although I'm happy with our drafts, I'm pissed off that we haven't drafted a bigger body WR. We always draft the smaller guys like Jenkins, Williams, and Morgan. Why can't we draft a bigger WR??? Our WR corps is too small IMHO as well. None of them can beat anyone at the goal line for a jump ball.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So if TO throws all his QBs under the bus, he must have thrown Carson Palmer under the bus, so then why is Carson Palmer recommending Pete Carroll to sign TO?

Strange.

When Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was considering whether to sign Terrell Owens, he turned to Carson Palmer for advice.

Palmer, the Raiders’ starting quarterback, played for Carroll at USC and played with Owens in Cincinnati. And Carroll said that when he reached out to Palmer for his thoughts on Owens, he received a good report.

That’s no surprise: Palmer has spoken highly of Owens in the past, and has said he thinks Owens’ work ethic makes him a good influence on younger players. It’s also not surprising that Carroll has high hopes for Owens as a positive locker room presence. Carroll was the 49ers’ defensive coordinator in 1996, Owens’ rookie season in San Francisco, so he has some familiarity with Owens. And back then, Owens was known as a hard worker who wanted to prove himself worthy of the third-round draft pick that the 49ers spent on him.

Carroll said today that he still sees that same hard worker who wants to prove himself, 16 years later.

“It’s interesting now how he is,” Carroll said. “He’s extremely hungry, and he is humble. And he’s determined to finish his career on a good note. And he wants to be part of the team, and he wants to play football.”

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'll leave you alone in your fantasy world where you think we have a "deep" and "solid" WR corps.

My hopes are completely on Randy Moss. If he's the Randy Moss of old then our WR corps is improved. If he's not then even with +Manningham, +Jenkins, -Josh Morgan I think our WR corps is the same stinky WR corps as last year. Do any of our WRs draw double coverage or special attention on defense, except for Vernon? No.

I agree our #1 WR is Vernon. We can ride him and hope he comes up big like he did against NO and NYG in the playoffs but it would be nice to have a legit #2 receiving option.

Also although I'm happy with our drafts, I'm pissed off that we haven't drafted a bigger body WR. We always draft the smaller guys like Jenkins, Williams, and Morgan. Why can't we draft a bigger WR??? Our WR corps is too small IMHO as well. None of them can beat anyone at the goal line for a jump ball.

Now we are getting somewhere - This is an excellent response and one we can perhaps build a conversation around.

First of all, I not only understand your frustration I agree with it. However, you are looking at our receiving corp in the context of a comparison to "other" offenses rather than as a component of "our own" offense.

When taken in context we have a solid/deep WR corp, just as we have a solid/deep RB corp. I would be not at all surprised if we have 4 or 5 receivers (4 WR's) with 45+ receptions this year. I would be further not at all surprised if none of our WR's hit the century mark for receptions.

We just don't have that kind of offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Jenkins, Manningham, Moss & even Ginn were not playing VS the Giants. And nobody said the Niners' WR corp was good. I said it was DEEP compared to the Seahawks.

Manningham = Josh Morgan

Morgan wasn't playing VS the Giants either.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins, Manningham, Moss & even Ginn were not playing VS the Giants. And nobody said the Niners' WR corp was good. I said it was DEEP compared to the Seahawks.

Morgan wasn't playing VS the Giants either.

...and Edwards