• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Surprised I haven't seen this one discussed

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is mine too.

The top 4 are clear and have an order too.

1 Malone
2 Barkley
3 Stockton
4 Ewing
5. Miller

CP3 and Baylor have to be considered for the 5th spot.

it sounded like you were going to make one of my jokes where I have said that my top five are this and the first four are in order. I guess technically that could mean that the fifth could be the first or the last or could be inserted anywhere I suppose as long as those four respectively don’t change.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detlef Schrempf.

* No special reason.....I just saying Detlef Schrempf.

:D

But seriously..and going back even further, what about Dave Bing?

Or..Dan Issel? (although he did win a ring in the old ABA back in the day)
I’ll toss Bob Lanier in there with Bing.

Think they only won one series together in Detroit.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll toss Bob Lanier in there with Bing.

Think they only won one series together in Detroit.
Rose Mciver Reaction GIF by CBS

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is mine too.

The top 4 are clear and have an order too.

1 Malone
2 Barkley
3 Stockton
4 Ewing
5. Miller

CP3 and Baylor have to be considered for the 5th spot.

Reggie Miller is so overrated guys

Very good player, don’t get me wrong. Clutchest of clutch shooters. He would be a great #2 Klay style in today’s NBA.

But not anywhere close to top 5 never to win a ring.

So many great players fell short of that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My list is Stockton Iverson Malone Barkley and Elgin Baylor. If you make me choose between Malone and Barkley because they play a similar position then I’m going Malone which is saying something cause Chuck was a Sixer when I was little and I loved watching him. Then I add Patrick Ewing.

Technically, the Lakers gifted Baylor a ring but he wasn’t even on the roster for the playoffs. If that’s an issue with the rules then slip Ewing in there again for that reason.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My list is Stockton Iverson Malone Barkley and Elgin Baylor. If you make me choose between Malone and Barkley because they play a similar position then I’m going Malone which is saying something cause Chuck was a Sixer when I was little and I loved watching him. Then I add Patrick Ewing.

Technically, the Lakers gifted Baylor a ring but he wasn’t even on the roster for the playoffs. If that’s an issue with the rules then slip Ewing in there again for that reason.

Lots of MVP level players who have never won rings.

Barkley, Malone and Ewing are the top 3 for me. Think they have to be on the list.

Baylor, AI, Stockton, CP3, Gervin are all also very good choices.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Miller is so overrated guys

Very good player, don’t get me wrong. Clutchest of clutch shooters. He would be a great #2 Klay style in today’s NBA.

But not anywhere close to top 5 never to win a ring.

So many great players fell short of that.
Lesser defender than Klay too. Klay is better, better shooter, defense, etc.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of MVP level players who have never won rings.

Barkley, Malone and Ewing are the top 3 for me. Think they have to be on the list.

Baylor, AI, Stockton, CP3, Gervin are all also very good choices.
AI is a heart pick for me. I own it. My franchise really hasn’t won anything in my lifetime. I was at Church doing the May Procession bull shit. 7 years old and I’m really getting into organized sports outside of throwing the ball around, wiffle ball, catch, etc… and the priest says “The Sixers have won the NBA title.” My old man is a hockey guy through and through so I knew more about Bobby Clarke than I did Dr J. I remember sitting in that pew thinking son of a bitch! A Philly team wins a championship and nobody fucking tells me about these things?!?!? Da fuq! I was pissed at my dad and branched off for the first time ever. It was a delight asking for Sixers tickets not Flyers tickets for Christmas and a Barkley jersey instead of a Timmy Kerr jersey.

Anywho…at least A.I. is a defensible inclusion. Truth be told, put all these cats on a real team and A.I. fucks it up hoisting 35 shots and playing hero ball despite all those dudes around him haha.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AI is a heart pick for me. I own it. My franchise really hasn’t won anything in my lifetime. I was at Church doing the May Procession bull shit. 7 years old and I’m really getting into organized sports outside of throwing the ball around, wiffle ball, catch, etc… and the priest says “The Sixers have won the NBA title.” My old man is a hockey guy through and through so I knew more about Bobby Clarke than I did Dr J. I remember sitting in that pew thinking son of a bitch! A Philly team wins a championship and nobody fucking tells me about these things?!?!? Da fuq! I was pissed at my dad and branched off for the first time ever. It was a delight asking for Sixers tickets not Flyers tickets for Christmas and a Barkley jersey instead of a Timmy Kerr jersey.

Anywho…at least A.I. is a defensible inclusion. Truth be told, put all these cats on a real team and A.I. fucks it up hoisting 35 shots and playing hero ball despite all those dudes around him haha.

I don’t think AI is a bad choice.

He is a different version of Russ in terms of team impact, IMO, but he has the numbers and accolades to back up putting his name in the conversation.

Reggie Miller doesn’t.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting, because I grew up in Utah and would take Barkley. I think Malone needed Stockton to be great, but Stockton was always going to be great.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think AI is a bad choice.

He is a different version of Russ in terms of team impact, IMO, but he has the numbers and accolades to back up putting his name in the conversation.

Reggie Miller doesn’t.
Reggie Miller is a guy who has helped the basketball community prop him up (not gonna argue either way justly or unjustly) because of some of his great individual performances in big spots. He especially deserves mention in a topic like this because he dragged some marginal teams through really tough playoff series with success but could never close with them.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, because I grew up in Utah and would take Barkley. I think Malone needed Stockton to be great, but Stockton was always going to be great.
Great input! I respect the opinion more when a guy has the ability to watch people with the investment of a discerning and honest fan. Respect.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great input! I respect the opinion more when a guy has the ability to watch people with the investment of a discerning and honest fan. Respect.
Maybe needed Stockton to be great is a little harsh, but I think he is super athlete Zach Randolph without him. Super good, but not all time elite like he gets credit for.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Barkley, I had a close view and I see some parallels with Iverson. Both guys had personalities and egos and a world view that totally centered around them that I think it got in the way of their ability to win.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Miller is a guy who has helped the basketball community prop him up (not gonna argue either way justly or unjustly) because of some of his great individual performances in big spots. He especially deserves mention in a topic like this because he dragged some marginal teams through really tough playoff series with success but could never close with them.

Not really.

He deserves to be a HOF player because of those moments.

But he didn’t drag any teams anywhere.

He was the top scorer (not necessarily the best player) on some 2004 Piston style teams with a lot of quality pieces.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AI was a stud. Offensive talent off the charts and probably one of the few players Jordan was a little sceert of. Haha

Defensively he was sneaky too. Top 10 all time in steals per game tied with Stockton

No doubt he’s top 5 players not to win one

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t put Reggie ahead of AI, Barkley, Malone, Stockton and Ewing.

Those other players were better defensively

The gloves ring in LA doesn’t count. He deserves it tho