• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Surging Rangers hosting the Chicago White Sox

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Gallo era begins now, I don't agree but if Beltre is expected to miss a month, then it makes more sense to give a taste of what he's going to need to prepare for going forward

I imagine its going to be a lot of highs and lows for him, I'm thinking a Mike Olt-esque debut

He better get more playing time than Olt did..Wash sure as hell didn't play him.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I edited it. JD just said it on the radio. Gallo has been told he's likely going to RR when Beltre comes back

Starts his clock, obviously no where for him to really play when AB comes back, may set him back if he fans 40 times.

I am not sure about the jump. He seems to struggle each time he's moved up a level.

Oh well hope he kills it

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on to your britches:

@Evan_P_Grant: Joey Gallo to be called up on Tuesday, Jon Daniels just said on radio Ben and Skin show
Not surprising. I would not have been surprised if they had decided to go in another direction, but this certainly doesn't surprise me. There is absolutely nothing to lose. He can be sent down after Beltre comes back without it being seen as a demotion. He can get a taste of the big leagues and will find out more about what he needs to work on. It seems like a win/win situation to me.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising. I would not have been surprised if they had decided to go in another direction, but this certainly doesn't surprise me. There is absolutely nothing to lose. He can be sent down after Beltre comes back without it being seen as a demotion. He can get a taste of the big leagues and will find out more about what he needs to work on. It seems like a win/win situation to me.

It can be a win/win but it has the potential to blow up in their faces if he struggles and never recovers,

I'm guessing he strikes out between 30-40% of the time, hopefully he uses it as a learning experience and not a confidence killer

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See above post

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be more excitement brought to Ranger fans that is for sure. My biggest issue is we are just overstocked with LH hitters.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the question is will any of the 3 be ready prior to the trading deadline? from what i'm seeing they are being very careful rushing Harrison so i don't see him being a factor and both Holland & Perez will apparently need what amounts to a spring training stint before either is ready. and that could be after the trade deadline.
Harrison is beginning a rehab assignment Wednesday and Perez is thought to be right behind him. They both should be ready by the first half of July it would seem. We will find out about Derek on Friday. If he is a go after the MRI Friday he should be rehabbing within a few weeks and should be close to finished with his rehab by late July.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have placed third baseman Adrian Beltre on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained left thumb, the team announced.

Beltre suffered the injury while jamming his thumb while sliding into second base during Sunday's game. He also suffered a laceration on the thumb that required four stitches. He'll need a minimum of two weeks to recover from the injury, making a stint on the disabled list a no-brainer.

With Beltre sidelined, the Rangers are calling up top prospect Joey Gallo in advance of Tuesday's game against the White Sox.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except destroying his confidence if he drowns.

That said, I think he'll do OK (he wont drown) -- and then go to AAA and build off what he learns in the next month or so...

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope we don't go all Chris Davis again with that move, if so?
Davis was not to be considered to be in the same stratosphere as as Gallo is though. He was a very nice prospect, but not nearly as highly regarded as Joey.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers will purchase the contract of third-base prospect Joey Gallo from Double-A Frisco prior to Tuesday's game against the White Sox, the team announced.

Named the No. 6 prospect in baseball by Baseball America before the season, Gallo has hit .314/.425/.636 with nine home runs and 31 RBI in 121 at-bats with Frisco. He clubbed at least 40 homers in both 2013 and 2014 after managing 22 homers in 206 at-bats during his first professional season.

Gallo will take the 25-man roster spot of Adrian Beltre, who will be placed on the disabled list with a thumb injury. General manager Jon Daniels made it clear that it'll be a short-term call-up for Gallo while Beltre is out, which is expected to be two-to-three weeks, the Dallas Morning News reports.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He better get more playing time than Olt did..Wash sure as hell didn't play him.

Little bit different situation. But the point is accurate. I think Wash didn't (like) prospects since it took him years and years to make it to the bigs. So guys would come up from the minors ... and Wash would make young guys sit down on the end of the bench. Wash played veterans over new talent.

I suppose TEX could start Rosales and make Gallo sit ... but that's not going to happen.

What I can say ... the lefty heavy lineup just got heavier. That's going to be interesting.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except destroying his confidence if he drowns.

That said, I think he'll do OK (he wont drown) -- and then go to AAA and build off what he learns in the next month or so...
I think he is stronger than that mentally even if he drowns. This isn't Feliz we are talking about here. lol

I think the "drowning" would just make him that much more determined to improve.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis was not to be considered to be in the same stratosphere as as Gallo is though. He was a very nice prospect, but not nearly as highly regarded as Joey.

I was speaking more in terms of bouncing him back and forth before he was ready, not the caliber of prospect. Davis had success and then didnt, and it appeared that it slowed his development, vs giving him the opportunity to stay up at the big league level and play daily. He may be better off, since you say he is a much higher touted prospect, not sure thats how that works though

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little bit different situation. But the point is accurate. I think Wash didn't (like) prospects since it took him years and years to make it to the bigs. So guys would come up from the minors ... and Wash would make young guys sit down on the end of the bench. Wash played veterans over new talent.

I suppose TEX could start Rosales and make Gallo sit ... but that's not going to happen.

What I can say ... the lefty heavy lineup just got heavier. That's going to be interesting.

I would pitch a damn fit if Rosales was playing instead of Gallo. I just hope his first start isn't against Sale.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be a win/win but it has the potential to blow up in their faces if he struggles and never recovers,

I'm guessing he strikes out between 30-40% of the time, hopefully he uses it as a learning experience and not a confidence killer
I expect him to strikeout an average of twice a game for awhile. He is always going to strikeout a lot I believe.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was speaking more in terms of bouncing him back and forth before he was ready, not the caliber of prospect. Davis had success and then didnt, and it appeared that it slowed his development, vs giving him the opportunity to stay up at the big league level and play daily. He may be better off, since you say he is a much higher touted prospect, not sure thats how that works though
I think him not being the caliber of a prospect led to him being bounced around though. He just didn't make the adjustments he needed to make as fast as he should. I think that is one of Joey's biggest strengths. Nothing against Chris though. He is still one of my favorite ex-Rangers.