• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Surging Rangers hosting the Chicago White Sox

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are usually a few teams looking for starters by deadline time. We were looking several years when we were in contention.

and the question is will any of the 3 be ready prior to the trading deadline? from what i'm seeing they are being very careful rushing Harrison so i don't see him being a factor and both Holland & Perez will apparently need what amounts to a spring training stint before either is ready. and that could be after the trade deadline.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Adrian Beltre has dislocated thumb, seeks second opinion
11491.png

Adrian Beltre

Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre has been diagnosed with a dislocated thumb, according to CBSSports.com Baseball Insider Jon Heyman. Beltre is seeking a second opinion.
No fractured was discovered in Beltre's thumb, but he will be sidelined a minimum of two weeks.

The Rangers announced Sunday that Beltre would be out at least two weeks after suffering a sprained thumb sliding into second base Sunday. He also required four stitches for a laceration on the thumb.

Beltre is expected to be placed on the 15-day disabled list. He had a .293/.313/.455/.768 slash line in 30 May games. He also had one triple, four home runs, six doubles and 16 RBI in May.

I bet he ends being out closer to a month or more

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11491.png

Adrian Beltre

Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre has been diagnosed with a dislocated thumb, according to CBSSports.com Baseball Insider Jon Heyman. Beltre is seeking a second opinion.
No fractured was discovered in Beltre's thumb, but he will be sidelined a minimum of two weeks.

The Rangers announced Sunday that Beltre would be out at least two weeks after suffering a sprained thumb sliding into second base Sunday. He also required four stitches for a laceration on the thumb.

Beltre is expected to be placed on the 15-day disabled list. He had a .293/.313/.455/.768 slash line in 30 May games. He also had one triple, four home runs, six doubles and 16 RBI in May.

If he's out a month, he'll be madder than a hornet.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11491.png

Adrian Beltre

That is whst I was alluding to yesterday. The Rangers are always conservative on their initial responses in regards to missed time for an injury.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is whst I was alluding to yesterday. The Rangers are always conservative on their initial responses in regards to missed time for an injury.

Yeah what was the original thoughts on Rua? 6 weeks? Not sure how long its been but it seems like much longer

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to trade him within the division unless there are top prospects coming back.

Yeah I was saying they have a need, but doubt we would trade him to them, being within the division. Thought maybe if by the break we were well out of contention, they might consider it. He might fit there for this year but not sure on anyones long term plans, how he would fit. Their probably isn't much chance he fetches top prospects, but we did get a decent return in Thompson for Soria.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JeffWilson_FWST: Joey Gallo did not travel with Double A Frisco on Monday as #Rangers consider moving him to majors or Triple A... Is Joey Gallo going to Rangers or Round Rock? | The Star Telegram The Star Telegram

My bet is that if Lucas is promoted to the Rangers, Gallo heads to RR. Joey still had the second most K's in the league in Frisco I do believe, and the guy with more was just cut. Thats if I remember something Scott Lucas wrote recently? That said obviously Gallo is a completely different talent altogether, he just still needs significant development, and my guess is it happens at RR

Edit forget that thought altogether, seems a bonehead move is in order

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope we don't go all Chris Davis again with that move, if so?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on to your britches:

@Evan_P_Grant: Joey Gallo to be called up on Tuesday, Jon Daniels just said on radio Ben and Skin show

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gallardo is going nuts and we are contending, wouldn't that fly in the face of what you said about keeping the 5 best options?

I don't see the point in discussing trade scenarios b/c thats such a long way out, once again, a lot can happen
I said, "they could be tempted to trade Gallardo unless he just goes nuts between now and then."

That is fine if you don't see the point in doing so. I can understand that. I just don't feel that way myself. I don't have any problem discussing who will be here in 2017 much less late July of this year.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Gallo era begins now, I don't agree but if Beltre is expected to miss a month, then it makes more sense to give a taste of what he's going to need to prepare for going forward

I imagine its going to be a lot of highs and lows for him, I'm thinking a Mike Olt-esque debut

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only assume that Romeo has not weighed in on this (Gallo) because his head exploded.