• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Surging Rangers hosting the Chicago White Sox

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys who absolutely abhor thinking about future possibilities before they come to pass amuse me. What in the world does it hurt? So funny to see the adverse reaction to someone asking "What if?" You act as if you were being asked to make an early visit to the proctologist. It is all supposed to be done in fun.

Some of us don't find pondering the 1,000 different possibilities of "what if" every single day amusing like you do.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys who absolutely abhor thinking about future possibilities before they come to pass amuse me. What in the world does it hurt? So funny to see the adverse reaction to someone asking "What if?" You act as if you were being asked to get an early visit to the proctologist. It is all supposed to be done in fun.

October 2011. September 2012. All of 2014. Holland. Darvish. Perez. Harrison. Profar.

Seems to pointless to hypothetically wander ahead, in my opinion. Better to just take things as they come these days. I like riding the high of a 12-3 run. I'm focused on June, not December.

But I am sorry if my "crossing a bridge when we come to it" post offended you.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys who absolutely abhor thinking about future possibilities before they come to pass amuse me. What in the world does it hurt? So funny to see the adverse reaction to someone asking "What if?" You act as if you were being asked to get an early visit to the proctologist. It is all supposed to be done in fun.

Couple of things. First, you alluded to both feet on the brakes with one of your post, as opposed to a tapping down. There's an awful lot of room between tapping down a little, and both feet on the brake pedal.

And I think Ephland was just making a suggestion. I'm not defending the guy, frankly, he seems more than capable to handle this chore himself. But I took it as a suggestion, little more, and he wasn't necessarily raining on your game.

Second, if you're this amused on how some of us react, I hope to see you handing out more "funny" acknowledgements in the future.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
October 2011. September 2012. All of 2014. Holland. Darvish. Perez. Harrison. Profar.

Seems to pointless to hypothetically wander ahead, in my opinion. Better to just take things as they come these days. I like riding the high of a 12-3 run. I'm focused on June, not December.

But I am sorry if my "crossing a bridge when we come to it" post offended you.
Not offended, just amused like I have pointed out. That is why I jokingly likened it to a game show. You seemed to want to play at first, but when you got on stage decided you didn't like that game after all and left. So I said thanks for playing. I notice I got a "chill" for that comment so you weren't the only one who mistakenly thought I was upset. I certainly wasn't offended.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things. First, you alluded to both feet on the brakes with one of your post, as opposed to a tapping down. There's an awful lot of room between tapping down a little, and both feet on the brake pedal.

And I think Ephland was just making a suggestion. I'm not defending the guy, frankly, he seems more than capable to handle this chore himself. But I took it as a suggestion, little more, and he wasn't necessarily raining on your game.

Second, if you're this amused on how some of us react, I hope to see you handing out more "funny" acknowledgements in the future.
I explained to Ephland what I meant so I won't go into that again.

I usually don't hand out a lot of emoticons other than the "like". Just not into that sort of thing much. Besides, I don't think something like that amusing me is exactly what the "funny" emoticon is all about.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us don't find pondering the 1,000 different possibilities of "what if" every single day amusing like you do.
I guess I had better get busy finding my other 999 for the day.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not offended, just amused like I have pointed out. That is why I jokingly likened it to a game show. You seemed to want to play at first, but when you got on stage decided you didn't like that game after all and left. So I said thanks for playing. I notice I got a "chill" for that comment so you weren't the only one who mistakenly thought I was upset. I certainly wasn't offended.

It was another snarky, passive aggressive post. I'm amused that you're surprised that people aren't taking them with the good will you inexplicably seem to be expecting.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's awesome that Gallo had the night he had. Joey producing at the Major League level and forcing JD to make some decisions is certainly a problem I want JD to have. But he doesn't have that problem yet. The team is clicking right now in a way they haven't in a long time, so it's simply my preference to sit back and enjoy that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was another snarky, passive aggressive post. I'm amused that you're surprised that people aren't taking them with the good will you inexplicably seem to be expecting.
You seem more upset by it than Ephland was. In fact he didn't even seem upset by it.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I explained to Ephland what I meant so I won't go into that again.

Nor should ya. I'm fairly good at reading. Comprehension sometimes is not my co-pilot however.

I usually don't hand out a lot of emoticons other than the "like". Just not into that sort of thing much. Besides, I don't think something like that amusing me is exactly what the "funny" emoticon is all about.

You used the word "funny" not me.

I don't give a crap myself if you do or don't.

Have it your way; know you will...........Now that's kinda of funny to me.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You used the word "funny" not me.

I don't give a crap myself if you do or don't.

Have it your way; know you will...........Now that's kinda of funny to me.

My day is complete and it's not even time for lunch.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison is supposed to pitch for Round Rock tonight.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no superstition in that power.

Need to play the Stevie Wonder song when Gallo walks to the plate. Think we could change that one line in the song to "7 years bad luck for the other team". HA!

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys who absolutely abhor thinking about future possibilities before they come to pass amuse me. What in the world does it hurt? So funny to see the adverse reaction to someone asking "What if?" You act as if you were being asked to make an early visit to the proctologist. It is all supposed to be done in fun.

I actually mentioned this same thing yesterday. If he was tearing it up we could have some things to think about.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually mentioned this same thing yesterday. If he was tearing it up we could have some things to think about.
I imagine JD and Thad have had some discussions about it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem more upset by it than Ephland was. In fact he didn't even seem upset by it.

Upset? No. Just annoyed with your passive aggressiveness.