• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Surging Rangers hosting the Chicago White Sox

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Gallos mother cried before his sizzling MLB debut with Rangers | | Dallas Morning News

Love stories like this one.

“You’re not going to believe it,” Joey said. “I’m going to be playing at Arlington tomorrow.”

“I ended up crying,” Laura said.

Laura called her husband and then booked a plane ticket. When she attempted to book one for Tony, the flight had filled up before she could. He had to arrive on Tuesday instead of Monday night.

“Just our luck,” Laura said.

Both made it in plenty of time for the game, although they were the only Gallo contingent at the game since it all happened so fast.

Originally sitting in section 132, about 37 rows up, Tony and Laura were moved to the second row next to the Rangers dugout before the game. ...

As Laura sat talking before the game, she reflected back to one of her last quiet moments with Joey before his sizzling debut. The two ate breakfast Tuesday morning. They talked about all the road trips, all the team activities, all the travel ball.

“He said, ‘Ma, look where we are,’ ” Laura said.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say Gallo continues to impress enough that he makes it clear he is ready. Do the Rangers send him down to work on playing the OF and then try to trade Choo next month to make room for him? I am fairly certain they would never trade Beltre if they are anywhere close to being in the race for the wildcard so if they want to make room for Joey then Choo would probably be the guy to be moved. Or do they wait to do that in the offseason? They could trade Moreland and put Prince at 1B, but I don't think they want Joey DHing most of the rest of the year.

I'm fairly certain they'd like him to spend some time in AAA this year, next year is another story, some tough decisions might need to be made

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears Telis might get called up. I've been asking for it, but not at the expense of Chirinos.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say Gallo continues to impress enough that he makes it clear he is ready. Do the Rangers send him down to work on playing the OF and then try to trade Choo next month to make room for him? I am fairly certain they would never trade Beltre if they are anywhere close to being in the race for the wildcard so if they want to make room for Joey then Choo would probably be the guy to be moved. Or do they wait to do that in the offseason? They could trade Moreland and put Prince at 1B, but I don't think they want Joey DHing most of the rest of the year.

Joey doesn't need to be DH'ing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Rua looking to become Rangers own Ben Zobrist during rehab assignment | | Dallas Morning News

Do the Rangers have a Ben Zobrist starter kit?

They will find out during Ryan Rua’s rehab assignment, which begins Wednesday at Round Rock. The opening day left fielder will play first base, third base and some left field during his rehab stint after missing eight weeks with a fractured bone in his heel.

Rua has also taken ground balls at second base since getting back on the field. The Rangers are content with his ability to play second base in the majors.

The Rangers like the idea of having a versatile hitter, a la Oakland’s Zobrist, to round out the roster for this season, but the club still likes Rua as mostly an outfielder.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Rua looking to become Rangers own Ben Zobrist during rehab assignment | | Dallas Morning News

Do the Rangers have a Ben Zobrist starter kit?

They will find out during Ryan Rua’s rehab assignment, which begins Wednesday at Round Rock. The opening day left fielder will play first base, third base and some left field during his rehab stint after missing eight weeks with a fractured bone in his heel.

Rua has also taken ground balls at second base since getting back on the field. The Rangers are content with his ability to play second base in the majors.

The Rangers like the idea of having a versatile hitter, a la Oakland’s Zobrist, to round out the roster for this season, but the club still likes Rua as mostly an outfielder.

I like a roster with Rua, Alberto & Deshields, though I think Alberto is the one that loses out when Rua comes back, honestly I'd rather have Alberto than Rosales at this point, I think the only plus Rosales has over Alberto is "power"

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where Profar gladly gave up number 13 for Gallo to wear. If Jurickson wasn't superstitious before he just might be now.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are not going to make such drastic changes based on 2 weeks of Gallo, I don't care how well he hits.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where Profar gladly gave up number 13 for Gallo to wear. If Jurickson wasn't superstitious before he just might be now.

There's no superstition in that power.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a roster with Rua, Alberto & Deshields, though I think Alberto is the one that loses out when Rua comes back, honestly I'd rather have Alberto than Rosales at this point, I think the only plus Rosales has over Alberto is "power"
If in a year or two we have a bench that includes either Deshields or Martin, Rua, Smolinski, Alberto, and Chirinos that would be great.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no superstition in that power.
I meant Profar being superstitious after all of the injury problems he has encountered the past couple of seasons while having that number.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not going to make such drastic changes based on 2 weeks of Gallo, I don't care how well he hits.
Well, what if it turns into 4 weeks and then he continues to hit well at Round Rock. Then you will have about 8 weeks of big league ball and AAA. I think it would merit consideration at least.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, what if it turns into 4 weeks and then he continues to hit well at Round Rock. Then you will have about 8 weeks of big league ball and AAA. I think it would merit consideration at least.

Certainly a bridge that shouldn't be crossed until we come to it. The kid has played 1 game. It was a fantastic game, but it was 1 game.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great game rangers and How bout that Gallo kid!!

I see some might wanna tap the brakes a tad after one game.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly a bridge that shouldn't be crossed until we come to it. The kid has played 1 game. It was a fantastic game, but it was 1 game.
Okay. Thanks for playing. We have some nice parting gifts for you. lol

Maybe we can find another contestant to play "What Could Happen If...?" soon.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will admit, I was against calling up Gallo to begin with. But what a "one-game" storybook that was last night.

But I'm with you on slowing down all the expectations, what-if scenarios for now.

To me, even if he hits well, when Beltre comes back, send him down to AAA to work on the things he saw while here, and let the dust settle a little on his future.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is good advice, but then some folks seem to live with both feet on the brakes at all times when it comes to young prospects with a lot of promise. Then on the other hand when Blanks has a good couple of weeks after a career of being a bad hitter they are ready to say he has reinvented himself. Last year when Rosales had a good month after a career of being a vagabond all of a sudden he had become a very good player to some folks. Let's just show some consistency in the brake tapping department.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is good advice, but then some folks seem to live with both feet on the brakes at all times when it comes to young prospects with a lot of promise. Then on the other hand when Blanks has a good couple of weeks after a career of being a bad hitter they are ready to say he has reinvented himself. Last year when Rosales had a good month after a career of being a vagabond all of a sudden he had become a very good player to some folks. Let's just show some consistency in the brake tapping department.

And some like to stand on the accelerator and flip the NOS when it comes to prospects.... :rollseyes:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys who absolutely abhor thinking about future possibilities before they come to pass amuse me. What in the world does it hurt? So funny to see the adverse reaction to someone asking "What if?" You act as if you were being asked to make an early visit to the proctologist. It is all supposed to be done in fun.

Last edited: