• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford will be allowed to open things up

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the great things about Austin is that he knows how to cover up weaknesses and I think Linehan did that also. I wonder how much thought Caldwell put into keeping Linehan?

If I remember correctly, Linehan was fired with Schwartz. He was the only assistant fired before Caldwell was hired.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sticks in my craw is the fact that he wasn't the Lions first choice for OC. Ironically, the guy they wanted, Bill Lazor, spurned them for (wait for it) Miami.

Bill Lazor hired by Dolphins, not Lions - Pride Of Detroit

Once again, it appears that the Lions have finished in second place for their preferred candidate. Much like their head coaching search after Ken Whisenhunt was hired by theTennessee Titans, the Lions now have to move on and find someone else to fill the offensive coordinator role

This shows he preferred Tannehill over Stafford for whatever reasons.

You and I butt heads over this stuff, but it's reasons above that I stick my my guns. It's not personal. It's not "trolling". It's just my observations.

Caldwell: Dolphins hired Lazor before I joined Lions

I was going to just post that I remember there being talk about Lazor but the Lions never offered him a job. Here it is in Caldwell's words. Basically he wanted to interview Lazor but never got the chance because the Dolphins hired Lazor the day after Caldwell got the job.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, Linehan was fired with Schwartz. He was the only assistant fired before Caldwell was hired.

Yeah the Brass kept Gunther Cunningham on board. The Lions could've wrote their own ticket in the division with backup QB's in the rest but the Lions took a nose dive after a 6-3 start to lose 6 of the last 7. A lot like 2007... jumped out to a 6-2 start before taking a nose dive and losing 7 of the last 8.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we still had Scotty, gave Staff a Dallasesque Oline and real RB, I'd be 87.8% sure we'd win a playoff game next year. Even without Suh.

If Stafford's last name was Rodgers, he would of won the NFL MVP award

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Lombardis idea works out. Now Stafford has to prove he can do it without being a fuck up

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions' Matthew Stafford wants to be less conservative in 2015 | MLive.com

Culture clash. HC says we won't pass anymore than we did and if you're running the ball you're winning. OC and Stafford want to play let's throw 5000 yards again.

Something has got to give.

Clearly Caldwell was a Ford Jr. hire. Mayhew wanted Wiz, wants the old Colts O just like he always has dating back to when he talked Millen into taking Mike Wiliams.

Won't be surprised if Mayhew goes RB/WR in rounds 1 and 2. Gotta get Stafford more weapons!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not take that they are throwing more attempts there. I read that being more aggressive in the passing game. Which to me is deeper routes a few more 7,8, and 9 routes. Prolly the CJ jump ball also, as that seemed to be part of the route tree under Linehan.

I am glad they missed on Whiz. Organizations miss on their guy they want at times. It happens Rob, it's not always the best fit for a person either.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not take that they are throwing more attempts there. I read that being more aggressive in the passing game. Which to me is deeper routes a few more 7,8, and 9 routes. Prolly the CJ jump ball also, as that seemed to be part of the route tree under Linehan.

I am glad they missed on Whiz. Organizations miss on their guy they want at times. It happens Rob, it's not always the best fit for a person either.

Actually happy they missed on Wiz as well. Dude suuuuucks. He was even getting called out by Matt Leinhart mid-season.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad they missed out on Wiz too, but he was Mayhew's guy.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that being more aggressive in the passing game. Which to me is deeper routes a few more 7,8, and 9 routes

I can't find the article I had saved at the moment but you're spot-on dead right with deep routes. I'm strictly going on memory, not a good thing at times, but the Lions were bottom 1/4 of league in routes 20+ yds. last year.

It wasn't more attempts overall. It was more deep routes that BOTH Caldwell and Lombardi were talking about.

I'll see if I can find said article.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually happy they missed on Wiz as well. Dude suuuuucks. He was even getting called out by Matt Leinhart mid-season.

Tenn has quite a lot of issues with their roster. Whiz and Ray Horton need to shore up that Def as well as having a QB that doesn't get injured while coming out of the tunnel.

and FUCK THAT PUSSY BITCH matt leinhart. leinhart had a lot of really good talent around him at SC that made him appear to be better than he actually was/is/or could be. leinhart's talents = mirage of lake in Sahara Desert

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly Caldwell was a Ford Jr. hire.

I don't think that at all. In fact, I'm not sure any Ford family member has ever known what the hell is going on with their football team.

The Caldwell hire reeks of the same type of desperation as the Ngata trade. The Clown Show absolutely blew it, and once Wiz laughed at them they went balls deep trying to land a guy who was about to be fired and sold it to the Ford's as the guy they always wanted.

What he managed to accomplish is exactly the same he has at every stop in his coaching career, absolutely destroy a potent offense. When he had Manning running the entire show he had a good offense, when he didn't they were horrible and the Colts organization absolutely knew he was garbage, that's why he got fired only one year removed from being in the SB. He went to Baltimore and destroyed their offense.

Instead of getting fired he is somehow hired as our head coach. Surprise, surprise our offense turns to shit when that happens and guess what, the Ravens get much better without him. People can give him all the credit they want for an 11-5 season but that only happened because of the defense. The only credit he gets that is a positive is in hiring Austin. That is more than offset by hiring Lombardi. The guy does NOT know how to win in the NFL on the offensive side of the ball and he has proven that over and over again.

I hated the hire and hate him today as our coach. The more reporting that just seems to describe polar opposites of the coaching views, the management views, and the player views just proves how dysfunctional the entire organization is. That's how you end up spending a top 10 pick on a TE with bad hands and is a crappy blocker when your HC wants to run the fucking ball more and you pass on a guy like Zach Martin.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad they missed on Whiz

Actually happy they missed on Wiz as well.

I'm glad they missed out on Wiz too,

We had a happy accident.

Referenced only to make a point not single out those posters.................

How can people defend and credit Millenhew for improving a garbage roster to where we are after 6 years but dog on Wiz who inherited a garbage roster and has had one year to improve it? (not specific at all to the quotes I referenced)

Caldwell destroyed the offense (like he has everywhere he has been). I for one would love to have seen what Wiz did with the talent he would have gotten here.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that at all. In fact, I'm not sure any Ford family member has ever known what the hell is going on with their football team.

The Caldwell hire reeks of the same type of desperation as the Ngata trade. The Clown Show absolutely blew it, and once Wiz laughed at them they went balls deep trying to land a guy who was about to be fired and sold it to the Ford's as the guy they always wanted.

What he managed to accomplish is exactly the same he has at every stop in his coaching career, absolutely destroy a potent offense. When he had Manning running the entire show he had a good offense, when he didn't they were horrible and the Colts organization absolutely knew he was garbage, that's why he got fired only one year removed from being in the SB. He went to Baltimore and destroyed their offense.

Instead of getting fired he is somehow hired as our head coach. Surprise, surprise our offense turns to shit when that happens and guess what, the Ravens get much better without him. People can give him all the credit they want for an 11-5 season but that only happened because of the defense. The only credit he gets that is a positive is in hiring Austin. That is more than offset by hiring Lombardi. The guy does NOT know how to win in the NFL on the offensive side of the ball and he has proven that over and over again.

I hated the hire and hate him today as our coach. The more reporting that just seems to describe polar opposites of the coaching views, the management views, and the player views just proves how dysfunctional the entire organization is. That's how you end up spending a top 10 pick on a TE with bad hands and is a crappy blocker when your HC wants to run the fucking ball more and you pass on a guy like Zach Martin.
So you're saying you think Mayhew is a bad GM? Get outta here! Never knew you felt that way; you really ought to try to be more transparent with your posts in the future...

:pound:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How can people defend and credit Millenhew for improving a garbage roster to where we are after 6 years but dog on Wiz who inherited a garbage roster and has had one year to improve it? (not specific at all to the quotes I referenced)

Caldwell destroyed the offense (like he has everywhere he has been). I for one would love to have seen what Wiz did with the talent he would have gotten here.

Speaking only for myself, my comment has more to do with liking Caldwell rather than disliking Wiz. Any HC w the top D was gong to win last year .

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really never dog on wizen hunt I am glad because it brought Austin to the D and yes when you speak into your phone that is now wasn't hunt is spelt

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wiz and Horton will get them going. Maybe not SB contenders but possibly playoff conteders. Someone mentioned the roster and that is part of it. Horton I think will get that defense playing well sooner than the offense comes around.

As far as Caldwell is concerned, hopefully he takes the reigns off of Lombardi and the offense and just let them see what they can do. They may not be able to ride the defense like they did last year, but the defense will be able to keep them in every game.