• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford will be allowed to open things up

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe Lazor was smart enough to see that Caldwell was going to control the offense

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's hardly any difference between Stafford and Tannehill's numbers from last season. The only real difference is Tannehill had his best year while statistically Stafford had arguably his worst.

Not really a fair assessment, at all. Yes, Stafford put up numbers in 2011 that would make most QBs look inferior, but there's been a huge drop off in production since. So yea, each of the last 3 years you could say either was "arguably" his worst.

Meanwhile, Tannehill pretty much outproduced Stafford in every category related to efficiency(key word, attempts and yardage for Stafford) while having a worse much worse OLine(according to PFF 32nd ranked, 14th ranked) and having Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline instead of Tate/CJ.

Like I stated previously, I would still take Stafford over Tannehill, based on bias and potential, but all in all, Tannehills season was pretty impressive from an outsiders POV.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sticks in my craw is the fact that he wasn't the Lions first choice for OC. Ironically, the guy they wanted, Bill Lazor, spurned them for (wait for it) Miami.

Bill Lazor hired by Dolphins, not Lions - Pride Of Detroit

Once again, it appears that the Lions have finished in second place for their preferred candidate. Much like their head coaching search after Ken Whisenhunt was hired by theTennessee Titans, the Lions now have to move on and find someone else to fill the offensive coordinator role

This shows he preferred Tannehill over Stafford for whatever reasons.

You and I butt heads over this stuff, but it's reasons above that I stick my my guns. It's not personal. It's not "trolling". It's just my observations.

Ok man, have it your way but thats a reach stating that Lazor went to Miami because of Tannehill. If he did, good for him but maybe it was because he asked for something and didnt get it. Maybe he didnt like the coaches or the front office or maybe he didnt like Detroit, period.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok man, have it your way but thats a reach stating that Lazor went to Miami because of Tannehill. If he did, good for him but maybe it was because he asked for something and didnt get it. Maybe he didnt like the coaches or the front office or maybe he didnt like Detroit, period.

Maybe.

But an OC's job security is directly tied to his QB. Both Wiz and then Caldwell were targeted because of their success w QBs, with the idea that they'd help Stafford evolve and improve. If Lazor felt he had better job security w Tannehill, there must be a reason.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

But an OC's job security is directly tied to his QB. Both Wiz and then Caldwell were targeted because of their success w QBs, with the idea that they'd help Stafford evolve and improve. If Lazor felt he had better job security w Tannehill, there must be a reason.

Ah, maybe. Its very possible he may have like Tannehill better. Second options (Caldwell and Lombardi) aren't always easy to get as you may assume.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same way Detroit missed out on Whiz and got Caldwell things work out.

I doubt Lombardi or Lazor would have much latitude in running Caldwell's system.

As for Linehan just goes to show what a solid running game and O-Line can do for a team. Romo was widely seen as Jay Cutler South until last season. All of a sudden he gets a O-Line and an explosive running game and he turns into a MVP candidate? I think Stafford has every bit if not more talent than Romo but has never had those types of weapons and protection. Give Stafford a couple All-Pro lineman, a great pass catching TE, stud WR, and some good complimentary WRs and a RB that can change a game and things will get opened up.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo was widely seen as Jay Cutler South until last season.

Umm....no. Nobody who knows anything about the NFL would realistically compare the 2. Cutler has never had a season with a 2/1 TD/int ratio, and always been your protypical "gunslinger". Romo has always been anything but, represented by high completion percentages and elite TD/INT ratio's.

Had you have said "Romo becomes Jay Cutler in high pressure situations" it might've been accurate.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Umm....no. Nobody who knows anything about the NFL would realistically compare the 2. Cutler has never had a season with a 2/1 TD/int ratio, and always been your protypical "gunslinger". Romo has always been anything but, represented by high completion percentages and elite TD/INT ratio's.

Had you have said "Romo becomes Jay Cutler in high pressure situations" it might've been accurate.

It is because they both had untimely turn overs and meltdowns when games were on the line.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FYI you've got my early vote for 2015 Lions board poster of the year. Either you or TPaul.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is because they both had untimely turn overs and meltdowns when games were on the line.

Yea, that's Cutler all the time tho Lmao. I get you man. Just sayin there's not a real comparison there.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI you've got my early vote for 2015 Lions board poster of the year. Either you or TPaul.

Sweet that means a lot. A lot of something, I'm not sure what, though.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For whatever its worth, you have a huge lead for the "most rainbows given" award. I'm rooting for ya to bring home for Miami.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say my thoughts again on Whiz vs. Caldwell. Glad it happened that way. Austin came to Detroit via the man of many faces. I will take good defense over LS1 and his love of offense
anyday.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever its worth, you have a huge lead for the "most rainbows given" award. I'm rooting for ya to bring home for Miami.

Feels good to let it out.

skittles-o.gif

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so happy Whisenhunt didn't wanna be in Detroit. I saw enough of him to know better.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say my thoughts again on Whiz vs. Caldwell. Glad it happened that way. Austin came to Detroit via the man of many faces. I will take good defense over LS1 and his love of offense
anyday.

Haha. Man, I like defense. CB Is my favorite position in football also. I've just grown to love the offensive players better than the defense.