• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford will be allowed to open things up

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with all the talk aboot the Browns on the Lions board? This is getting old dagnabbit.
I stand by my comments.

I wouldn't tag Cameron either, which makes me wonder why Cleveland didn't do it. There has to be a reason, not necessarily a good one, but still.

They did trade Trent Richardson for a first rounder, sometimes they're smart. After being stupid in the first place.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron is a concussion guy now. Not saying he will get them every other game Welker style. They could not keep Clay solely because his cost was going to be near double of what Cameron's first year hit was. ( one of the Suh cost causalties IMO) Clay and RT were in the same page more often than not. With three of the top receivers gone it could hamper RT's development. He was huge for RT in the red zone.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan had one good season, and it wasn't his contract year. Couple that with a lot of concussions, and it makes him a high risk guy. I like him and would love him on our team, but he is not as solid as Clay.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again the Lions beat Miami so what does that say about Miami?

I find it amusing... had the Dolphins won it would've been another winning record team the Lions couldn't beat. Instead it was a TD pass from Stafford in a come from behind win with 36 seconds left on the scoreboard.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill is FAR more accurate than Stafford w 3 years less experience. Playoffs mean nothing since the Lions best a bunch of bad teams to get there while Miami has beaten far more winning teams last two years (6-2).

Lastly can't give the 2014 Lions credit for winning last year when their best player is now in Miami.

Blah, blah, blah. Stafford has a much stronger arm and is a better QB, period. Lets see if Tannehill can even get his squad into the playoffs....because it does matter.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill is FAR more accurate than Stafford w 3 years less experience. Playoffs mean nothing since the Lions best a bunch of bad teams to get there while Miami has beaten far more winning teams last two years (6-2).

Lastly can't give the 2014 Lions credit for winning last year when their best player is now in Miami.

Megatron didn't go to Miami.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah, blah, blah. Stafford has a much stronger arm and is a better QB, period.

Tannehill has more wins (6) vs winning teams in his first 3 years than Stafford does (3) in his whole career.

Kyle Boller had a strong arm too.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megatron is one of "the" all-time greats while Suh is still chasing that dream.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill has more wins (6) vs winning teams in his first 3 years than Stafford does (3) in his whole career.

A hapless shipwrecked 2009 Lions team and Stafford starting in only 3 games in 2010 is HI-LARIOUS that you of all people would keep using it in the whole career thingy. But okay, Stafford had 41 TD's and 5,000+ yards and made the playoffs in his third season... what did your boy Tannehill do again?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A hapless shipwrecked 2009 Lions team and Stafford starting in only 3 games in 2010 is HI-LARIOUS that you of all people would keep using it in the whole career thingy. But okay, Stafford had 41 TD's and 5,000+ yards and made the playoffs in his third season... what did your boy Tannehill do again?

Still part of his career. Can't spin it to fit your agenda.

In his 3rd year, Tannehill has already become a far more accurate passer than Stafford.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's never led a team to the playoffs. Since it's Stafford's fault the Lions don't win more against winning teams, it must be Tanehill's Fault the Dolphins haven't been to the playoffs. So Stafford > Tannehill.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's never led a team to the playoffs. Since it's Stafford's fault the Lions don't win more against winning teams, it must be Tanehill's Fault the Dolphins haven't been to the playoffs. So Stafford > Tannehill.

Sure, if that's your criteria.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill wants to be Stafford when he grows up!

What I find funny lis....

If you think Mayhew is awful with the draft and bombed on his offensive skill player picks, which I agree, then how can Stafford be an awful QB? He has had one guy to throw to most of his career in CJ and everyone including the cheerleaders knew it.

There is only 1 Brady and 1 Manning. SO to think Stafford should somehow make up for the lack of weans is somewhat wishful thinking. If Stafford can't get it done with good assets then he should get shown the door. But since no receiver has left Detroit and went on to better things I think it speaks volumes about what he has had to work with.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I like Stafford a lot. But real fans want to see wins vs good teams. 6 years of beating bottom feeders then getting trucked by winners gets old.

Is it really so bad that real fans just want to see better? I'm not saying he's a bust. Not saying trade him. But 6 years deep he looks like the same QB as he always has.

And no, it's not all his fault. His GM is the worst drafter in the NFL. His President is a drunk. But he still has had Calvin his whole career and all these other QBs seem to do just fine without the best WR ever. So at some point, even you Bubbled worshipers should expect more.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I though HC's led teams everywhere?

Some much flip flopping goin' on 'round here you'd think we were at the beach.

SouthBeach that is.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is he had CJ his whole career but nobody else.

We critisize the guy if he throws to much to CJ. We critisize him if he doesn't throw enough to CJ.

As good as CJ has been he is the same as JJ Watt. One player no matter how talented can't reviver a Super Bowl victory. CJ is on the wrong side of 30 and he will be battling health issues for the rest of his career. The last couple of seasons CJ has either missed games or been used as a decoy because he has been to hurt to be effective. That isn't Stafford's fault he gets what they have on the roster.

From a fans perspective that has seen Kitna, Mitchell, Ware, Peete, Long, and a clustering of not even journey take snaps for Detroit I am fine with Stafford. Hell I could only imagine what Stafford could do with a RB like Barry, receivers like Moore and Perriman. Instead we wasted it on a guy that could not stand the pressure. If the Lions could give him that type of talent and he can't get over the top then yes he needs to be replaced. But it's kinda hard to judge when Kris Durham is our #2.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't spin it to fit your agenda.

Your the only one spinning it at every turn. Since your on the whole career thingy you should be able to compare their first three seasons.

In his 3rd year, Tannehill has already become a far more accurate passer than Stafford.

Your boy Tannehill has 3 more TD's and 3,412 more passing yards with 19 more starts than Stafford in his first three season. That in itself should make you feel pretty special about your boy Tannehill. But hey, we know you would overlook your boy Tannehill's 26 more INT's, 85 more sacks and 17 more fumbles in that same time span.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one to attribute wins and losses to the quarterback, but since that is the logic some are going to use and complain about not winning against winning teams and then trumpet a quarterback that has never been to the playoffs with a "more talented roster" than yeah I'm going to use the logic to turn the tables.