• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford will be allowed to open things up

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was only off on the year, it was 2006 not 2005. Sure the Colts had the better offense but a bottom tier defense that didn't kick in until the post-season. The Patriots basically had a top 10 offense and a top 5 defense which is an all around better team. During the heated debate of who was the better QB at the time Brady had 3 rings and Peyton had none. Peyton had the stats and records and Brady had the rings. The only thing I was saying was "why would I wanna go on the main board to debate who the better QB is between Russell Wilson and Matthew Stafford?" It would be just like debating Brady and Manning long ago. Stafford puts up the numbers and Russell Wilson has the defense. Russell Wilson has two Super Bowl appearances and Stafford has none.

Would've been 2007 the same year of the Patriots Spygate.

It would be my opinion that the Pats only had a top 10 offense because Brady lifted them to those heights. It sure as hell wasn't because of the amazing talent around him. Either way, I hope this dabate is put to rest for good. Brady is the GOAT! But I get your point.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has had the greatest WR this generation while QB's like Brady throw to scrubs like David Givens, Lafell and Troy Brown. He has had Gronk the last few years but he has been mostly injured and had Moss for 1 season. But the guy makes others around him better. Meanwhile, MM unloads millions of dollars and high draft pick after high draft pick to get weapons to make Stafford look better.

We also need to ackowledge though that Brady has possible had the greatest coach of all time. He and his staff understands how to get the most out of everyone and put them in the best position to win games.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DET.png
9. Detroit Lions

What more could Matthew Stafford ask for? He's got one of the best receivers of all time, a stellar group of complementary weapons in the passing and running game and a decent offensive line. And yet Stafford completed just 60.3 percent of his passes for a passer rating of 85.7 in his sixth NFL season. Stafford has never won on the road and is 3-33 all-time against teams with winning records. Although he's well-paid, another weak season from the former No. 1 overall pick should cause the Lions to consider other options.

Quarterback Desperation Rankings: How screwed is your NFL team? - CBSSports.com

MIA.png
27. Miami Dolphins

A report from David Hyde of the Sun-Sentinel suggests the Dolphins are already discussing a long-term contract extension with 2012 first-round pickRyan Tannehill. There's no big rush with Tannehill's fifth-year option still on the table, so that's an indication Miami is extremely satisfied with the 26-year-old. His numbers have increased from year to year just like Luck's, and he competed 66.4 percent of his passes last season, so Miami looks as though it has a franchise quarterback in the early stages.

This would assume that the Dolphins have a clue.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't get the significance of "the ball touches his hands 100% of the time" when the offense in on the field? The 40% of the time we ran the ball all Stafford had to do was turn and make a hand off. Since he touched the ball during the play are we now holding him responsible for our poor running attack last year then?

You missed the memo that the QB is responsible for everything that happens on a football field. EVERYTHING!!!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes there is. Good or not, Mayhew littered Stafford with guys taken with early picks and high priced FAs. That's the point.

Your argument is basically that Stafford would be great on almost any other team, but every other team doesn't have the luxury of having the best NFL WR ever. Makes no sense

No one has made that argument. The only argument anyone has really made is that you and a few others are blaming Stafford for other guy's not being good enough. It wouldn't matter how high or how low Mayhew picked this army if it were the right soldiers. Obviously it was the Iraqi Army. The bullets start flying and they throw down their guns. Of course you look at all of these guys taken in the first 3 rounds and wonder why they are off the team or not producing or whatever but until Stafford is in the war room telling Mayhew who to pick none of that is at his feet. Or did I miss that Stafford is in the war room?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really bothers Lions fans that Suh jetted for a better franchise, better fan base, smarter fan base, better town, better weather, better QB and better situation overall.

So it's natural to attack him and his new team.

It's the old ex-gf is a whore and her new bf is a fag syndrome.

Whatever with most of that stuff, it's mostly debatable, but saying the Dolphins have a better fan base may be the most absurd thing you will ever say in your entire life.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. Only difference is Tannehill is showing progression 3 years in while Stafford has yet to get it done in 6 while having the luxury that is the best WR on NFL history. Stafford could all of a sudden become great, or he could keep regressing. Window is closing fast on Calvin. Then what?

Matt Stafford showed progression in his first 3 years. Joey Harrington showed progression in his first 3 years.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever with most of that stuff, it's mostly debatable, but saying the Dolphins have a better fan base may be the most absurd thing you will ever say in your entire life.

They went up to A class when myself, Smitty, and Fog joined their ranks.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has made that argument. The only argument anyone has really made is that you and a few others are blaming Stafford for other guy's not being good enough.

Not even close.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the guy blaming the refs for the 23 year drought in Green Bay. Forgot.

First one I mentioned was from 2005.

No one has made that argument. The only argument anyone has really made is that you and a few others are blaming Stafford for other guy's not being good enough.

I thought it was more the lines of a "one man defense" held the Packers to a 7-0 lead until late in the 3rd quarter when Mr Stomper got ejected trying to remove himself from a pile. It was quickly 24-0 to start the 4th quarter. Something 11 other guys on defense couldn't handle without Suh. Where was Stafford? ...besides wearing a glove for a fractured finger during the game. To make a long story short is to say... Suh gave the Lions a chance to win but Stafford didn't take advantage of the situation.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really argue a statement like that.

(If we had 4 spots, I'd either add my Broncos back into the fold, or the Miami Marlins. Cuz DK is gonna take them to the World Series, just like in BTTF2.)

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No matter how awesome 3 fans are (giving you boys soem serious benefit of the doubt here) you can't go from triple F minus cluster fuck to A class. Just doesn't work that way.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how awesome 3 fans are (giving you boys soem serious benefit of the doubt here) you can't go from triple F minus cluster fuck to A class. Just doesn't work that way.

It does when you're the Suh's of the fan world. :headbanger:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Triple F minus cluster fuck would make an excellent nickname for the Lions war room.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the memo that the QB is responsible for everything that happens on a football field. EVERYTHING!!!

No one said that. Some of us (not you) just expect better.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh's situation with the Dolphins reminds me of the Prince Fielder situation with the Tigers.

the Dolphins fan base is very happy to get him and he will help deliver a world title....maybe but doubtful. But when it comes time to pay the piper the Dolphins will only be able to kick the can down the road and then they are going to be sitting with a guy they can't cut and can't trade.

IMO the Dolphin's fans will turn on Suh. Maybe not in a year or two but by year 3 my guess is they will turn on his bloated number and the inability of the Dolphins to keep or sign free agents. And don't don't let Suh get hurt or just be a good DT. They will be expecting JJ Watt type production every year of that deal....I sure as hell would too.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said that. Some of us (not you) just expect better.

I expect better. I expect better from the QB. I expect better from the front office. And I expect better from our fans. Now I don't expect a lot from the average NFL fan because they tend to be wishy washy front running band wagoners but I expect the fans of a team that hasn't won shit yet have still stuck around to have enough God damn sense to know that QBs are not directly responsible for wins and losses to the point where that W or L hangs around their necks.