• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford will be allowed to open things up

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill has won games vs playoff teams 6 times last two years to Stafford's 2.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes there is. Good or not, Mayhew littered Stafford with guys taken with early picks and high priced FAs. That's the point.

Your argument is basically that Stafford would be great on almost any other team, but every other team doesn't have the luxury of having the best NFL WR ever. Makes no sense

Littered with guys that were failures. If he was the one drafting I would say you have a point. But Mayhew was the GM and responsible. And I don't remember saying Stafford would be great on any other team. I do remember saying if the guys he has step up then we can judge him.

Players play. They don't draft, they don't cut, and they don't pick their scheme. Thats like saying it was Suh's fault the Lions didn't have a top defense the first few years of his career. It's all on him how the defense performed.

If Stafford wins a Superbowl but does it with Dilfer like numbers then he is a failure? I don't get it he plays to the scheme and when he wins it isn't enough because he didn't have style points? What was a better year last season when they won 11 games and made the playoffs or the season he threw for 5,000 and the Lions didn't?

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who drafted Calvin? I forget.

Your point is what... Millen had 4 try's out of 5 years with his first draft pick to get one right? You named one legit player maker that has defenses hanging all over him like drapes on a window while Stafford stood behind a shoddy offensive line that allowed Stafford to get injured 2009 and 2010.

Tannehill has won games vs playoff teams 6 times last two years to Stafford's 2.

I'm not talking about the defense giving up more points than the offense could score, missed field goals or game changing calls by the Officials... name the games where it was Stafford fault the Lions lost.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about the defense giving up more points than the offense could score, missed field goals or game changing calls by the Officials... name the games where it was Stafford fault the Lions lost.

You're the guy blaming the refs for the 23 year drought in Green Bay. Forgot.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it to be funny debating which mediocre QB is better.

Really bothers Lions fans that Suh jetted for a better franchise, better fan base, smarter fan base, better town, better weather, better QB and better situation overall.

So it's natural to attack him and his new team.

It's the old ex-gf is a whore and her new bf is a fag syndrome.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stafford has won more pie eating contests than Tannehill has. It all evens out.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has won more pie eating contests than Tannehill has. It all evens out.

Then he puked 41 times and 5000 blue berries. You can't touch that kind of selective aggression.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really bothers Lions fans that Suh jetted for a better franchise, better fan base, smarter fan base, better town, better weather, better QB and better situation overall.

So it's natural to attack him and his new team.

It's the old ex-gf is a whore and her new bf is a fag syndrome.

You do realize a month ago you were part of this terrible fan base? I may point out, you were of the smart Lions fans to believe our GM in regards to Suh staying. Now suddenly you drank a V8 and had an epiphany.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tannehill has never had a winning season in his 3 years. So basically he loses to shitty teams then and beats a good team once in a while. How is that better?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flip side of this is that you're ignoring the team around him and pinning us not winning more 100% on Stafford, not the team. There's 21 other starters out there. You're also ignoring that about 2/3 of the teams in the league would swap their starter for Stafford in a hot second...

I am actually including the whole team in those stats by saying "The team is competitive to win any given Sunday the last 4 seasons". Not including those two years he was hurt with Millen's shitty inherited teams. In those 4 seasons. He has thrown the ball 2,626 times. Plenty of chances to put teams away with winning records or make come back wins against teams with winning records. He did, 3 times in that span of 4 years with"competitive rosters".

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not even worth responding to most of the Stafford bashing. Haters usually dig up a bunch of bs to prove their point. Its cool if you think Staff sucks but some of the things being said is quite comical. Spoiled with talent? Yeah right!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill has never had a winning season in his 3 years. So basically he loses to shitty teams then and beats a good team once in a while. How is that better?
Because Suh is on his team, so he's obviously the best QB in the league now.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually including the whole team in those stats by saying "The team is competitive to win any given Sunday the last 4 seasons". Not including those two years he was hurt with Millen's shitty inherited teams. In those 4 seasons. He has thrown the ball 2,626 times. Plenty of chances to put teams away with winning records or make come back wins against teams with winning records. He did, 3 times in that span of 4 years with"competitive rosters".
Ahh- so the team around him was plenty good enough to win, but Stafford was not. Got it. I forgot how great players like Durham, Peterman, Burleson and all those guys were being held back by Stafford's terrible play...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not even worth responding to most of the Stafford bashing. Haters usually dig up a bunch of bs to prove their point. Its cool if you think Staff sucks but some of the things being said is quite comical. Spoiled with talent? Yeah right!

No one said he was spoiled with talent. Typical rainbow window licker lies.

Fact: no GM in the NFL has used more 1-3 round picks on RBs, WRs and TEs as Mayhew.

It's no coincidence that 6 years deep into Stafford's career, his teams weakest links are found in the trenches.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Stafford debate is old. I thought most of us were in agreement that he's between average and good, with the potential to be really good. Tannehill is in the same category.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Stafford debate is old. I thought most of us were in agreement that he's between average and good, with the potential to be really good. Tannehill is in the same category.

Pretty much. Only difference is Tannehill is showing progression 3 years in while Stafford has yet to get it done in 6 while having the luxury that is the best WR on NFL history. Stafford could all of a sudden become great, or he could keep regressing. Window is closing fast on Calvin. Then what?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only has Tannehill and the Dolphins beaten higher quality opponents, we have a better overall record over the past 3 years 23-25 than Stafford and the Lions 22-26.

Better wins, and more of them plus Suh makes us the better team right now.