• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford will be allowed to open things up

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are those guys now considered viable options? So they are viable options when trying to ridicule Stafford but are awful picks when discrediting Mayhew. You're trying to have your cake and eat it too...

I don't use buzz words like "viable option".

Simply put, he's sucked vs winning teams, sucked on the road vs good teams, and can't win a playoff game. Mayhew sucks too. Thats obvious.

Is your point that Stafford would be awesome without Mayhew giving him nothing but shit? Maybe. He still has the best WR ever and still can't get it done. So idk.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a time that Stafford was your guy
Is your point that Stafford would be awesome without Mayhew giving him nothing but shit? Maybe. He still has the best WR ever and still can't get it done. So idk.

I have no idea if he'd have been "awesome". What I know is that you've bashed everyone of those members of Staffords "army" when bashing Mayhew but somehow want to discredit Stafford for those same players.

I loved Suh too. I wish there was a way the Lions could have retained him. They couldn't/didn't. Doesn't mean I'll start bashing every other good player on the team just because I'm upset about Suh leaving for more money.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polish army.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Suh too. I wish there was a way the Lions could have retained him. They couldn't/didn't. Doesn't mean I'll start bashing every other good player on the team just because I'm upset about Suh leaving for more money.

Go ahead and paint me how you like. I don't give a shit. If I thought they were good like you, I wouldn't bash them.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead and paint me how you like. I don't give a shit. If I thought they were good like you, I wouldn't bash them.
Having a bad day? For a guy that doesn't give a shit, it seems like you're getting in your feelings...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a bad day? For a guy that doesn't give a shit, it seems like you're getting in your feelings...

You're doing your best TP and Micro impression, incredibly bothered by my opinion. Get over it.

I don't think they're good. That's why I'm picking them to win 4-5 games. Don't give me your "just because" garbage. You think they're good. Not me.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're doing your best TP and Micro impression, incredibly bothered by my opinion. Get over it.

I don't think they're good. That's why I'm picking them to win 4-5 games. Don't give me your "just because" garbage. You think they're good. Not me.

I'm not bothered by your opinion(s). I thought we were discussing them. If you don't like discussing them, why are you posting them on a forum?

I was under the impression that Stafford was one of your favorite players. So either you changed your opinion of him or I was wrong in believing he was one of your favorites. Doesn't really matter.

A lot of fans on this forum share your opinion of the Lions for next year. I hope you're all wrong but we're all just guessing based on the schedule and what the roster looks like.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Start focusing on the Lions and not me. Stay on topic.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not bothered by your opinion(s). I thought we were discussing them. If you don't like discussing them, why are you posting them on a forum?

I was under the impression that Stafford was one of your favorite players. So either you changed your opinion of him or I was wrong in believing he was one of your favorites. Doesn't really matter.

A lot of fans on this forum share your opinion of the Lions for next year. I hope you're all wrong but we're all just guessing based on the schedule and what the roster looks like.

So why do the same posters keep being upset with my posts?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why do the same posters keep being upset with my posts?
Of the 7 people that posted their prediction in the record prediction thread 6 have the Lions finishing below .500.

I couldn't tell you why those posters are upset with your posts. Maybe they can answer that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you want from me? Real fans want better.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 7 people that posted their prediction in the record prediction thread 6 have the Lions finishing below .500.

I couldn't tell you why those posters are upset with your posts. Maybe they can answer that.

Go argue with Smitty or Fog or Dr.Evil or a million other people who share my opinions. I'm hardly alone with them.
You post a lot of shit I don't agree with either, but I don't badger you about it.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're trying to have your cake and eat it too...
Why would you give me cake if I can't eat it? Who does that? What an asshole!!

And Mayhew shops in the kids area at JCPenney. The clothes are all too big for him in the men's department. He's also a complete fucking idiot in case you didn't know.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you give me cake if I can't eat it? Who does that? What an asshole!!

And Mayhew shops in the kids area at JCPenney. The clothes are all too big for him in the men's department. He's also a complete fucking idiot in case you didn't know.

I give out cake that isn't edible because I'm an asshole.

Mayhew shops there because he has it rated higher than any properly sized respectable establishments.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go argue with Smitty or Fog or Dr.Evil or a million other people who share my opinions. I'm hardly alone with them.
You post a lot of shit I don't agree with either, but I don't badger you about it.
I don't get where you would think I'm badgering you. I'm perfectly fine with you not agreeing with anything I say. I'll be fine.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get where you would think I'm badgering you.

Are you kidding me? You've been arguing semantics we me for 2 pages over the word "army". Obviously you think army means a bunch of bad asses, where I just intended it to mean a ton of guys.

Mayhew can suck and so can Stafford. There's no cake and eating it too.

And I can like him and still demand/expect him to be better.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? You've been arguing semantics we me for 2 pages over the word "army". Obviously you think army means a bunch of bad asses, where I just intended it to mean a ton of guys.

Mayhew can suck and so can Stafford. There's no cake and eating it too.

And I can like him and still demand/expect him to be better.

The way I read it was that Stafford was spoiled because of all the guys Mayhew placed around him. To me in order to be spoiled suggests an advantage that others don't possess. A guy surrounded with below average talent shouldn't be considered spoiled. Pretty sure this topic has reached it's end for me.

You can think Mayhew and Stafford suck I just don't agree with the argument you presented.

I also want Stafford to be better and even provided a list of areas I think he needs to improve. That list is probably a couple of pages back by now.

I don't get on here to try to be an asshole. More often than not I have to try not to be an asshole. I usually get better responses when I'm not. I couldn't fucking care less about peoples opinions of me but if I want to read people opinions of whatever sports topic is being discussed I find their response to be a lot clearer when it's not clouded because of my being a dick. If you feel like I was being a dick in my responses then you read it wrong. If you just didn't like my responses and that's what led you to act like a dick well then oh fucking well.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. Peyton had far more offensive talent around him while Brady had better defenses.

I was only off on the year, it was 2006 not 2005. Sure the Colts had the better offense but a bottom tier defense that didn't kick in until the post-season. The Patriots basically had a top 10 offense and a top 5 defense which is an all around better team. During the heated debate of who was the better QB at the time Brady had 3 rings and Peyton had none. Peyton had the stats and records and Brady had the rings. The only thing I was saying was "why would I wanna go on the main board to debate who the better QB is between Russell Wilson and Matthew Stafford?" It would be just like debating Brady and Manning long ago. Stafford puts up the numbers and Russell Wilson has the defense. Russell Wilson has two Super Bowl appearances and Stafford has none.

When Brady did have Moss and Welker, the kind of talents on O that Peyton had, he put up the same kind of numbers.

Would've been 2007 the same year of the Patriots Spygate.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mayhew has spoiled Stafford at all. I think what we've seen is a bunch of players not working out and Mayhew continuing to try and surround Staff with some weapons. If Leshoure, Young and some of those other guys work out for this team, we wouldn't even be talking about this stuff. Broyles and Ebron probably wouldn't even be on the team. Neither would a few more.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get all the fighting. Whether Stafford has been spoiled or surrounded with no talent.

The fact is the team, was competitive enough to win every Sunday the last 3-4 years and the Lions still has a 3-31 record vs winning teams.

In case you didn't know, football games work like this. Defense plays, then the offense plays or vice versa. Every time the offense takes the field. The ball touches his hands 100% of the time.

Stafford isn't a terrible player by any means. He just looks to be more like Cutler than a Brett Farve.