• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford will be allowed to open things up

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need help.

Ok then, Rob. So tell us how Suh didnt have anything to do with this losing franchise? Let me in on your dream world you have going on over there.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Aaron Rodgers wins MVP awards and takes his team to the playoffs every year, along with a super bowl trophy but has nothing to do with it?
Who said he didn't have anything to do with it?

This is one of the biggest pain in the ass things on the board- posters who don't like what they're reading, so they twist people's words to try to make it seem like they're saying something absurd, like you did above.

Why can't he say that QBs aren't solely responsible for team's wins and losses without you suggesting he said that Rodgers had nothing to do with any of Green Bay's recent success? Obviously he didn't say that, I don't get these random jumps people can make from such clear statements.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after trying to piece together all the fighting on this thread, I clicked on the "show ignored content" tab on the bottom of the page to see what those I have on ignore have been puking up on the board.

Let me just say holy shit this pair of Dolphins trolls we can't seem to get rid of have turned into two of the most insecure grown men I've ever seen, and in remarkably short order at that.

One great player consciously decides to chase the money and leave for another team, and, apparently, their world is torn apart so badly all they can come up with to try to fix it is attack as many fans from the team their boyfriend used to play for as they can.

This has gotten beyond pathetic. If any of you are tired of dealing with them the ignore feature works wonderfully on the new version of the 'hoop. Their posts and threads simply disappear, so you don't have to read the stupidity unless you want to, which is accomplished by clicking a tab at the bottom of the page.

I like the debates here, and the general back-and-fourth, but I think a few of these guys just can't function in a public setting with others, and the ignore feature takes care of that pretty damn well...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after trying to piece together all the fighting on this thread, I clicked on the "show ignored content" tab on the bottom of the page to see what those I have on ignore have been puking up on the board.

Lol

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said he didn't have anything to do with it?

This is one of the biggest pain in the ass things on the board- posters who don't like what they're reading, so they twist people's words to try to make it seem like they're saying something absurd, like you did above.

Why can't he say that QBs aren't solely responsible for team's wins and losses without you suggesting he said that Rodgers had nothing to do with any of Green Bay's recent success? Obviously he didn't say that, I don't get these random jumps people can make from such clear statements.

So you're saying that Aaron Rodgers won that Super Bowl all by himself?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford will always been seen in Detroit as a reason they could not resign Suh. Due to Stafford's large contract, as well CJ another guy that takes heat, the Lions don't have a lot of cap flexibility. So people expect Stafford to be Aaron Rodgers with a better winning percentage and worse offensive weapons.

When all Stafford has to be is Russell Wilson like. And by that I mean do what is necessary to put your team in position to win. Don't turn the ball over and play within the system. That is not easy by any means. Look at Jay Cutler big arm and can't feed Forte, Jeffries, and Marshall. Joe Flacco got the ball to Ray Rice and the Ravens were successful. So does Stafford really need to open it up? IMO No. He just needs to win games. Sometimes I think the Lions could win the Superbowl and if Stafford didn't throw for 5,000 yards he wouldn't be successful. The big contract demands big stats! But it really doesn't.

I hate the Ravens offense. I didn't like the Lions offense last year but they won 11 games. They win 11 games and make the playoffs I don't care if they run the wishbone. I admit I get caught up in the style points but I do back Stafford as he sacrificed some of his game to make the Lions better and that just won't show up in QBR.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need help.

Why, because your faltering at trying to make Stafford a bust? The 5,000+ passing yards and 41 td's season kills any attempts at painting a Ryan Leaf picture. Sorry, but I know the difference between Stafford losing a game and the other variables of losing a game. I've never once said I was happy with Stafford's Joh Kitna like stats (lots of yardage while fearing the end zone).

The Lions "had" the number one run defense due to an outstanding front Seven, it wasn't all because of Suh. The last time the Lions even had a top five defense dates all the way back to 1980 and they didn't even make the playoffs with it. During the 1960's the Lions had a top five defense almost every year and never seen a playoff until 1970.

As I've said before and most likely will repeat it again... The Lions don't showcase their Offense and Defense in the same season.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, because your faltering at trying to make Stafford a bust? The 5,000+ passing yards and 41 td's season kills any attempts at painting a Ryan Leaf picture.

Magnum?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where your chiming in at... it wasn't until the beginning of the 2005 season that the NFL sports commentators started saying you couldn't be a Great QB until you win a SB (poking fun at Peyton). Brady had an all around better team and Peyton carried the the Colts defense until the post-season... it was a No-Win heated debate back then and it's somewhat of the same type of scenario between Russell Wilson and Matthew Stafford now.

I don't agree. Peyton had far more offensive talent around him while Brady had better defenses. The teams' overall talent was comparable. When Brady did have Moss and Welker, the kind of talents on O that Peyton had, he put up the same kind of numbers. Regardless of the talking heads opinions, Peyton was one of the best ever even then. The difference between him and Brady in my eyes is one simple thing: one guy is at his best when everything is on the line and the other gags on his own fucking cock. And in that way, I think Stafford and Wilson both are more Brady than Manning.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does that make Stafford?

Dude had 20 td's with CJ,Tate,Bush,Bell, Riddick, Pettidrops and the elite top 10 pick Ebron to throw too.

22 Td's on 600 attempts? 3 red zone targets 6'5" or taller?

He also had 41 TDs a few years ago. What does that matter? How many of these guys played 16 games last year? How good was the line last year? The running game? The play calling? I'm not trying to argue that Stafford was fantastic and everything around him was just shit but there were a lot of issues with the O last year probably the least of which was Stafford.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What variables? Like being the most spoiled QB in the NFL?

Has the best WR ever in Calvin for his whole career.
Was surrounded by an army of weapons using early picks and in FA:
TE Pettigrew
RB Best
WR Titus Young
WR Derek Williams
WR Ryan Broyles
RB Mikel LeShoure
TE Eric Ebron
WR GoldenTate
WR Nate Burleson
RB Reggie Bush
RB Joquie Bell

PLUS

he had the top DT in the NFL racking up the most sacks, tackles, QB hurries and QB hits since 2010

Yet he's still 3-38 vs winners and 0-17 vs. winners on the road w 0 playoff wins.

Those variables?

I can't even believe you had the balls to put Williams, Broyles, and LeShoure on here. And Best and Young barely got their feet wet in NFL waters. For his entire career we've hoped that the brass would get a great runningback and a solid #2 receiver and you're going to say an ARMY OF WEAPONS? You've got to be shitting me!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even believe you had the balls to put Williams, Broyles, and LeShoure on here. And Best and Young barely got their feet wet in NFL waters. For his entire career we've hoped that the brass would get a great runningback and a solid #2 receiver and you're going to say an ARMY OF WEAPONS? You've got to be shitting me!

*sigh*

Point is he's had a retarded amount of early picks and free agents spent on surrounding him with weapons. Yet he can't win. I'm hardly the only person who's said this.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swarm you can't have it both ways. You can't use Mayhew's " horrible" drafting as a reason he is a garbage GM and then suggest Stafford is the most spoiled QB because of this "army" that Mayhew drafted for him.

Throughout Stafford's career he's had an average to below average O-Line. Before last season he basically had only one wide receiver. Stafford actually made Pettigrew look like a receiving threat until he apparently lost faith in him. He's never had a great running game to help balance the offense. Before last season he never had a defense that did him any favors.

Stafford has plenty of areas he needs to improve. Accuracy is one of them. He also forces it to CJ far too often. I'd imagine that has something to do with his previous other options but he still has to get a way from that. He tends to leave the pocket early as well. He has very little faith in his line but obviously for good reason. I've seen on several occasions where the line actually created a clean pocket but he rolls out instead of stepping up into the pocket. Before last year he would try to make a play downfield instead of taking the sack which often led to interceptions. He's not very good at the touch passes on screens. He gets happy feet when pressured. Those happy feet are likely what causes the bad passes on screens(even though he knows the pressure will be there).

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got me some cake to eat with my bullshit........yummy!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you focusing on one word? Army? All I mean is he's given Stafford a TON of guys. No one has been surrounded by more RBs, WRs and TEs in 6 years than Stafford.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*sigh*

Point is he's had a retarded amount of early picks and free agents spent on surrounding him with weapons. Yet he can't win. I'm hardly the only person who's said this.

OK, but is it Stafford's fault that Mayhew used high picks and spent that free agent money and the guys didn't pan out? He can spend money and high draft picks for years to come and if it's not the right guys then it's not the right guys and still no fault of Stafford's. There's certainly things to blame Stafford for but blaming him for busts, psychos and glass figurines are not among them. I get that you aren't the only one who's said this and it's no less absurd coming from anyone else.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you focusing on one word? Army? All I mean is he's given Stafford a TON of guys.
So are those guys now considered viable options? So they are viable options when trying to ridicule Stafford but are awful picks when discrediting Mayhew. You're trying to have your cake and eat it too...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Stafford vs. Wilson discussion, apples and oranges. For the record, Wilson has by no means had a great line either. He's often running for his life. His athleticism and the fact that he keeps his eyes downfield is one of the things that makes him a special player.