• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford will be allowed to open things up

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that.

But you say Wilson isn't great? Please tell me how many top 10 picks that guy has had to throw to? Dude was throwing to some fucker off the street I've never heard of in the Super Bowl. Sure, he had some sweet ass defenses but Stafford had the best defense in the NFL last year. Didn't do shit. Along, with the million high draft picks he has had the please of throwing to.

No, actually statistically Wilson had the #1 defense last year and the year before. I like Wilson. I liked Wilson in college. I'd go so far as to say I'm a fan of Russell Wilson. But he's not great, he's very good.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? ...it'll turn out just like the Peyton/Brady debate from long ago. Peyton carried the Colts and was clearly the better QB, but Brady had the trips to the SP and rings.

Peyton had better numbers, he was not the better QB.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton had better numbers, he was not the better QB.

Not sure where your chiming in at... it wasn't until the beginning of the 2005 season that the NFL sports commentators started saying you couldn't be a Great QB until you win a SB (poking fun at Peyton). Brady had an all around better team and Peyton carried the the Colts defense until the post-season... it was a No-Win heated debate back then and it's somewhat of the same type of scenario between Russell Wilson and Matthew Stafford now.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is an average QB with good play making ability. I guess he gets credited for the Seahawks Superbowls too, hunh? The deference between the Lion's defense and Seattle's is that Seattles wouldve never gave up the lead in the Dallas game and wouldnt have left Levy to cover Bryant on a crossing route.

Wilson basically just scrambles around everywhere and throws it.

So Stafford would of won the Super bowl had he played on Seattle that year?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is so great that everyone lambasted the coach for putting the ball in his hands to close out a game.

Cause Lynch is the best power runner in football and it's the 1 yard line?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, actually statistically Wilson had the #1 defense last year and the year before. I like Wilson. I liked Wilson in college. I'd go so far as to say I'm a fan of Russell Wilson. But he's not great, he's very good.

So what does that make Stafford?

Dude had 20 td's with CJ,Tate,Bush,Bell, Riddick, Pettidrops and the elite top 10 pick Ebron to throw too.

22 Td's on 600 attempts? 3 red zone targets 6'5" or taller?

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter how good Lynch is, if Wilson is great, having him throw is the right decision. I like Wilson, and he is good. I would take soooooo many other quarterbacks in front of him though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lengths some Lions fans go to defend their own is hard to watch.

He's 3-38 vs. winning teams with 0 titles and 0 playoffs wins, yet some of you are actually trying to sell him as being better than QBs who have won multiple playoff games and won Super Bowls.

Then you say "but it's not Stafford, it's a team sport!" bur then praise Mayhew and say Levy rules, Slay is awesome, Tulloch is back etc...

But they're still 3-38 vs winning teams and below .500 over the past 6 years with 0 titles and 0 playoff wins.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson and Stafford are two very different QBs. I hate when people try to compare the scrambling QBs to the pocket passers. Wilson makes a lot of plays with his legs, something Staff cant do. Staff makes plays with his arm, something Wilson cant do. Seattle wins with defense and their run game while the Lions have to do it passing and finally had a good defense this year.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats pretty much all you're going to keep saying, Rob. Putting every loss or every win on so let the QB is retarded. I dont even want to continue this argument because the people who hate Stafford will never be realistic.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson and Stafford are two very different QBs. I hate when people try to compare the scrambling QBs to the pocket passers. Wilson makes a lot of plays with his legs, something Staff cant do. Staff makes plays with his arm, something Wilson cant do. Seattle wins with defense and their run game while the Lions have to do it passing and finally had a good defense this year.

Obviously you don't watch anyone else but the Lions. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats pretty much all you're going to keep saying, Rob. Putting every loss or every win on so let the QB is retarded. I dont even want to continue this argument because the people who hate Stafford will never be realistic.

Who's it on? Mayhew? Levy? Slay? Calvin? Ebron?

Oh let me guess, they're all on Suh, right?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do. Its cool though. Most of you think Wilson is better but I dont.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lengths some Lions fans go to defend their own is hard to watch.

He's 3-38 vs. winning teams with 0 titles and 0 playoffs wins, yet some of you are actually trying to sell him as being better than QBs who have won multiple playoff games and won Super Bowls.

Then you say "but it's not Stafford, it's a team sport!" bur then praise Mayhew and say Levy rules, Slay is awesome, Tulloch is back etc...

But they're still 3-38 vs winning teams and below .500 over the past 6 years with 0 titles and 0 playoff wins.

The lengths some people go to to hang it all on the QB when other variables are left out to paint a picture of Ryan Leaf. Hey, I know it's only the off-season but your starting to fit the meaning of... "hell knows no fury as a woman scorned"

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lengths some people go to to hang it all on the QB when other variables are left out.

What variables? Like being the most spoiled QB in the NFL?

Has the best WR ever in Calvin for his whole career.
Was surrounded by an army of weapons using early picks and in FA:
TE Pettigrew
RB Best
WR Titus Young
WR Derek Williams
WR Ryan Broyles
RB Mikel LeShoure
TE Eric Ebron
WR GoldenTate
WR Nate Burleson
RB Reggie Bush
RB Joquie Bell

PLUS

he had the top DT in the NFL racking up the most sacks, tackles, QB hurries and QB hits since 2010

Yet he's still 3-38 vs winners and 0-17 vs. winners on the road w 0 playoff wins.

Those variables?

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLUS

he had the top DT in the NFL racking up the most sacks, tackles, QB hurries and QB hits since 2010

Yet he's still 3-38 vs winners and 0-17 vs. winners on the road w 0 playoff wins.

Those variables?

A 2nd and 3rd tier defense until last season, REALLY? How many points did the Lions defense give up against Drew Brees and the Saints in the 2012 post-season game? I can recall on CBS where everyone blamed the defense for the loss. I took the stance of Bad Officiating and the Offense didn't do enough in that debate. Since Suh is a one man defense, he's to blame for the Lions not getting a playoff win.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What variables? Like being the most spoiled QB in the NFL?

Has the best WR ever in Calvin for his whole career.
Was surrounded by an army of weapons using early picks and in FA:
TE Pettigrew
RB Best
WR Titus Young
WR Derek Williams
WR Ryan Broyles
RB Mikel LeShoure
TE Eric Ebron
WR GoldenTate
WR Nate Burleson
RB Reggie Bush
RB Joquie Bell

PLUS

Those variables?

Cut it out! An "army" of weapons? Please.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense carried the team for years. Mr. Suh-tastic didnt help do shit while he was racking up all those stats.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense carried the team for years. Mr. Suh-tastic didnt help do shit while he was racking up all those stats.

A 2nd and 3rd tier defense until last season, REALLY? How many points did the Lions defense give up against Drew Brees and the Saints in the 2012 post-season game? I can recall on CBS where everyone blamed the defense for the loss. I took the stance of Bad Officiating and the Offense didn't do enough in that debate. Since Suh is a one man defense, he's to blame for the Lions not getting a playoff win.

You guys need help.