• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford will be allowed to open things up

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh was just the highest paid defender in league history.

Career
36 sacks
2 FF
1 INT
15 passes defensed

Same 5 years

Aaron Rodgers

167 TD passes

Sorry, the league is setup so that the QB position is by far and away the most important position on the field.

You do realize those Suh stats lead all DTs since 2010 in all major categories.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's the point. He's the best at his position and the highest paid defensive player and his statistical impact on the game is laughable compared to a top quarterback.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't believe a QB is by far and away the most important position relative to success, all you have to do is make a top 5 list of every/any position and compare those player's team's success against the other positions. I have not performed this experiment myself, just pretty sure how the results would stack up.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that QB is the most important, but not to the extent that w and l are put on theM. It's not coincidence that Brady s rings cane when he had his best defenses. Peyton's was when his D was top ten. It's still a team game. When your QB goes for 380 with 66 percent completion rate 3 touchdowns and the second interception was on a prayer at the end of the game is it his fault that he doesn't have a playoff win?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, you're saying if you have a great QB, for your team to be bad you have to have WRs that can't catch, an OLine that can't block, and a RB that can't get yards.

I agree 100%.

Sound like a Stafford lover. As I know you are not his biggest fan. Just sounds like somebody throwing the Lions offense under the bus to defend Matt.

I am not saying that is completely true. You put Rodgers on the Raiders the last five years I doubt he has half the success. As it takes talent around to make the stars better. I just don't feel a QB or any one player does it alone as some make it out to be. Otherwise Manning would have six or more rings by now.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't believe a QB is by far and away the most important position relative to success, all you have to do is make a top 5 list of every/any position and compare those player's team's success against the other positions. I have not performed this experiment myself, just pretty sure how the results would stack up.
I do agree 22 that QB is the most important position to the offense. You do have rare occasions like Dilfer winning a SB. He sure as hell was not key component of that team.

Do you really think Stafford gets 5000 yards with no CJ? I don't.

The list you make of top QBs will also have some elite talent within the other ten names on the offense. The one QB that really has never had elite talent other than a OL most times is Brady. This also is my reason for putting him in front Montana for me.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that QB is the most important, but not to the extent that w and l are put on theM. It's not coincidence that Brady s rings cane when he had his best defenses. Peyton's was when his D was top ten. It's still a team game. When your QB goes for 380 with 66 percent completion rate 3 touchdowns and the second interception was on a prayer at the end of the game is it his fault that he doesn't have a playoff win?

Very valid point FS.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound like a Stafford lover. As I know you are not his biggest fan. Just sounds like somebody throwing the Lions offense under the bus to defend Matt.

I am not saying that is completely true. You put Rodgers on the Raiders the last five years I doubt he has half the success. As it takes talent around to make the stars better. I just don't feel a QB or any one player does it alone as some make it out to be. Otherwise Manning would have six or more rings by now.

Peyton Manning does, and always will, confuse me. While I am a huge fan, I can acknowledge his disappearance in most big games. While IMO he's never had the types of teams built around him like Brady, that's no excuse for how many times he(Peyton) choked in the clutch.

I despise Brady. But even under the circumstances of my bias towards Peyton I cannot defend him as the better QB. The 4th ring tipped the scales, quite heavily I might add, by beating the same team that destroyed Peyton a year prior.

As far as Stafford, I really do like what he brings to the table. I would probably only trade him straight up for maybe 5 QBs. But that doesn't mean he's a top 5 QB, or that he shouldn't be accountable for bad play. So while I definitely believe guys like Tannehill, Romo, Eli, and Rivers deserve to be ranked higher, I'm not taking them over Stafford. No way.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning does, and always will, confuse me. While I am a huge fan, I can acknowledge his disappearance in most big games. While IMO he's never had the types of teams built around him like Brady, that's no excuse for how many times he(Peyton) choked in the clutch.

I despise Brady. But even under the circumstances of my bias towards Peyton I cannot defend him as the better QB. The 4th ring tipped the scales, quite heavily I might add, by beating the same team that destroyed Peyton a year prior.

As far as Stafford, I really do like what he brings to the table. I would probably only trade him straight up for maybe 5 QBs. But that doesn't mean he's a top 5 QB, or that he shouldn't be accountable for bad play. So while I definitely believe guys like Tannehill, Romo, Eli, and Rivers deserve to be ranked higher, I'm not taking them over Stafford. No way.

I would say quite a few seasons with Harrison/Wayne/James and wasn't Clark the TE also for that time frame? Actually Manning never had defenses IMO.

Even with me being a Stafford critic. Sure, I would take Rodgers Or Brady right now for two or or three seasons. Really the only guy I would trade straight up forever is Luck. I feel Stafford has every tool to be near the elite area of top 5-7 QBs. Just not sure he ever opens his tool box to use them all constantly.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say quite a few seasons with Harrison/Wayne/James and wasn't Clark the TE also for that time frame? Actually Manning never had defenses IMO.

Even with me being a Stafford critic. Sure, I would take Rodgers Or Brady right now for two or or three seasons. Really the only guy I would trade straight up forever is Luck. I feel Stafford has every tool to be near the elite area of top 5-7 QBs. Just not sure he ever opens his tool box to use them all constantly.

I'll trade him for Ryan, Wilson, Rodgers....... Maaaaybe Flacco, Bridgewater, Tanny and Big Ben.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's the point. He's the best at his position and the highest paid defensive player and his statistical impact on the game is laughable compared to a top quarterback.

Such a myth.

The top QB in the NFL make way more than 19 per year. You'd rather have Cutler or Suh??? Romo?? Kapernick??? Matt "Stafford" Ryan??? Flacco??? Dinosaur Manning???

Stafford isn't anywhere close to a top QB.

Who'd rather have Carson Palmer? Eli??

Only reason Brady isn't higher is cause he keeps taking pay cuts to help his team. Maybe Stafford should consider that.

3442mgi.jpg

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind Russell Wilson......He's going to get expensive real quick.......He's only been to two supbowls and the playoffs in all if his three years....

I know the defense defense defense.....lmao......You can't possibly suck going back to back superbowls can you?

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll trade him for Ryan, Wilson, Rodgers....... Maaaaybe Flacco, Bridgewater, Tanny and Big Ben.

Rodgers, Luck, Wilson. Only obvious guys worth more than Stafford. I suppose Ryan would be, also, according to a consensus, but I really dislike him, so there's that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that QB fumble's twice in the games final minute, yeah, a lot of the blame is on his shoulders. Along with the choke artist punter and most of the defense.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id add Cam and Carr to the maybies.

Only way Id do it for Wilson is if we got Suh back somehow in a three way deal. So he's in the maybe category for me. Ahead of Flacco, behind Carr prolly though.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those stats are from the New Orleans game. I think the whole team stunk it up Stafford included in Dallas. The New Orleans game though he balled out.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those stats are from the New Orleans game. I think the whole team stunk it up Stafford included in Dallas. The New Orleans game though he balled out.
Ah... I haven't been pissed aboot that game in years. But now that you mention it.....