• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford will be allowed to open things up

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times has Levy or Slay or Reiff or Stafford or anyone else on this team ever been considered the best at their position other than Suh and Calvin?

How many Superbowls do you think most other teams would have in 5 years of both these guys were on these team?

I can use the same argument for Calvin. Mayhew has out no one else around him (until Tate), just like he's put no one sound Suh on defense.

You're making the point that it takes a whole team, it's not just on Stafford. And Levy should get more talk about being the best at his position.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree Matt is better at this moment. Where do you see RT after his 6th season?

It's hard to answer that question truly. He does seem to be doing more, quicker with less talent around him though.

I like RT. I've even tried to convince my Dolphins die hard wife that RT can be a good QB. But from what I've seen he's just as likely to be a backup somewhere as he is the starting QB for the Dolphins 3 years from now.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching them both play tackle football for money.

OK, what have you seen on Sunday that makes you think Tannehill works harder than Stafford? And I'm not saying he doesn't work harder, I have no clue, I'm just wondering what you could possibly base that off of.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not better at throwing the ball w accuracy. But with Calvin he can just throw it up all year and pray.
With Calvin out, Tate rolled right into that #1 spot. 8/116, 7/134/1td, 7/44, 10/154/1td, 7/151/1td, 11/109(CJ's first game back). Stafford doesn't need a huge receiver imo, just someone that is a reliable receiver. Outside of CJ, he's never really had that(Durham was close though:D).

Does it help that CJ is a freak of nature? Of course. But Tate is a short receiver and he found him just fine, and didn't need to "chuck it up to him". Tate is a great route runner and found ways to get open.

staffordlaser.0.gif

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Short of the throw Bo Jackson made from the warning track to home plate I think that pass is a close second in the ones you see that make you go :scratch: That is a missile he uncorks there. For all the debate I've been reading I will guaran-fucking-tee you that Ryan Tannehill can not make that throw, not even close

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing pose.
Google image search of "Matthew Stafford embarrassing" gave me all three of my posted pics, and that one FS posted.

Hand to God.

(plus some other really hilarious Staff pics if anybody wants to check 'em out.)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Calvin out, Tate rolled right into that #1 spot. 8/116, 7/134/1td, 7/44, 10/154/1td, 7/151/1td, 11/109(CJ's first game back). Stafford doesn't need a huge receiver imo, just someone that is a reliable receiver. Outside of CJ, he's never really had that(Durham was close though:D).

Does it help that CJ is a freak of nature? Of course. But Tate is a short receiver and he found him just fine, and didn't need to "chuck it up to him". Tate is a great route runner and found ways to get open.

staffordlaser.0.gif

Still trying to figure out how Tate disappeared once Calvin returned from injury.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
????? I'm confused.......Stafford has a big arm.....Has had that same big arm since coming out of college as a Sophomore......7 years later someone wants to say "Stafford will be allowed to open things up"??????

I can't even digest media nowadays.....I will never buy what the Kool-Aid drinkers are selling until a trophy is on the mantle.....

Making the playoffs and losing, only makes you suck more the next year with a more crappy draft pick.......

';

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
????? I'm confused.......Stafford has a big arm.....Has had that same big arm since coming out of college as a Sophomore......7 years later someone wants to say "Stafford will be allowed to open things up"??????

I can't even digest media nowadays.....I will never buy what the Kool-Aid drinkers are selling until a trophy is on the mantle.....

Making the playoffs and losing, only makes you suck more the next year with a more crappy draft pick.......
';

6Mflv4W.gif

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 3 of them are vs winning teams tho.

Why do people continue to put losses solely on the QB like he's the only one that takes the field? That's so dumb. I personally think this whole team always decides to play weak against playoff teams. Stafford is inconsistent but the whole team is, honestly.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short of the throw Bo Jackson made from the warning track to home plate I think that pass is a close second in the ones you see that make you go :scratch: That is a missile he uncorks there. For all the debate I've been reading I will guaran-fucking-tee you that Ryan Tannehill can not make that throw, not even close

So, are you saying Stafford is better because he made a throw Tannehill couldn't? So Bo Jackson is better than Stafford, as well, according to your words?

I hate that logic. A lazer throw doesn't mean someone else couldn't have made that play. Any(maybe i should say most) starter in the NFL right now aside from Peyton Manning can throw the ball 60 yards. From there, its anticipation and timing, something IMO Stafford is nowhere close to top half(starters) of in the NFL. But, yes, in pure "throw making" potential ability he is hands down #1 QB in the NFL.