• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford will be allowed to open things up

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people continue to put losses solely on the QB like he's the only one that takes the field? That's so dumb. I personally think this whole team always decides to play weak against playoff teams. Stafford is inconsistent but the whole team is, honestly.

Already went down this road while actually defending Matt. One good deed a year I do. Team sport is my stance. Same for Suh...one guy win and loses in wrestling and golf.

One question I ask you. Don't you think some of the Stafford supporters try to put some wins solely on Matt? At least those few comeback wins were for sure presented that way. As if he was only guy on the field also.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pure Genius.......I try to instill this everyday on a school bus, but I will never be BO!.....but i try....

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, are you saying Stafford is better because he made a throw Tannehill couldn't? So Bo Jackson is better than Stafford, as well, according to your words?

I hate that logic. A lazer throw doesn't mean someone else couldn't have made that play. Any(maybe i should say most) starter in the NFL right now aside from Peyton Manning can throw the ball 60 yards. From there, its anticipation and timing, something IMO Stafford is nowhere close to top half(starters) of in the NFL. But, yes, in pure "throw making" potential ability he is hands down #1 QB in the NFL.

Huh? I think it was clear to everyone else that I was saying the Jackson throw was the most incredible one I've ever seen and that throw by Stafford was a close second.

As for how you want to twist my words for whatever you want go right ahead. You question my logic and I question your sobriety when you made that post. I'm not even sure what you are trying to say.

Yes, every NFL QB can throw it 60 yards in the air. VERY few can throw it 60 yards on a frozen rope like that, and Tannehill isn't in that group. I made no comparison to him and Stafford overall, I compared their ability to make that throw.

If you want a comparison in overall talent then fine, Stafford is easily the better QB, and it's not even close.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Stafford being unshackled or is the offense a run first offense?

I am still not buying all the talk of run conservative offense. Even last year they had 600 attempts. Does not seem conservative to me. I would still be happy having a road grading rushing attack OL to assist Matt in the passing game. Just as it helped Romo last year. Lions have not had a defense respect our rushing attack since CJ and Matt have been together. I have been wanting teams to pay for either rolling coverage to CJ or having 8 in the box. Haven't seen it in 6 years.
If we are a run first offense we are in trouble.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people continue to put losses solely on the QB like he's the only one that takes the field? That's so dumb. I personally think this whole team always decides to play weak against playoff teams. Stafford is inconsistent but the whole team is, honestly.

Because the pieces around Stafford continue to change as Mayhew insists on spoiling him with a battalion of WRs, RBs, and TEs, but he still can't beat a winning team.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? I think it was clear to everyone else that I was saying the Jackson throw was the most incredible one I've ever seen and that throw by Stafford was a close second.

As for how you want to twist my words for whatever you want go right ahead. You question my logic and I question your sobriety when you made that post. I'm not even sure what you are trying to say.

Yes, every NFL QB can throw it 60 yards in the air. VERY few can throw it 60 yards on a frozen rope like that, and Tannehill isn't in that group. I made no comparison to him and Stafford overall, I compared their ability to make that throw.

If you want a comparison in overall talent then fine, Stafford is easily the better QB, and it's not even close.

I was addressing the assumption that superior arm strength correlates to better player. I never twisted your words. Your post incinuated Stafford as the better QB based on that analysis. You didn't directly say it, hence the reason I asked if you were. My following comments were directed to that thought process. I never questioned that logic. I said I hate it. Simplifying any player's talent level, regardless of position, down to an athletic measurable is moronic. Plain and simple.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short of the throw Bo Jackson made from the warning track to home plate I think that pass is a close second in the ones you see that make you go :scratch: That is a missile he uncorks there. For all the debate I've been reading I will guaran-fucking-tee you that Ryan Tannehill can not make that throw, not even close

58 yards in the air on a dime. Tannehill isn't throwing that far inaccurately.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck changing anyone's mind on that. Ws and Ls are on coaches and to an extent GMs. To lay it on any single player is absurd. QBs touch the ball on approximately half the plays and approximately half of those plays he just hands the ball off. So he actually throws the ball on approximately a quarter of the plays but he's responsible for winning or losing? All of these years watching sports and I still can't wrap my head around it.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck changing anyone's mind on that. Ws and Ls are on coaches and to an extent GMs. To lay it on any single player is absurd. QBs touch the ball on approximately half the plays and approximately half of those plays he just hands the ball off. So he actually throws the ball on approximately a quarter of the plays but he's responsible for winning or losing? All of these years watching sports and I still can't wrap my head around it.

So Aaron Rodgers wins MVP awards and takes his team to the playoffs every year, along with a super bowl trophy but has nothing to do with it?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already went down this road while actually defending Matt. One good deed a year I do. Team sport is my stance. Same for Suh...one guy win and loses in wrestling and golf.

One question I ask you. Don't you think some of the Stafford supporters try to put some wins solely on Matt? At least those few comeback wins were for sure presented that way. As if he was only guy on the field also.

I would guess those same people would pin Ws and Ls on other QBs. No matter who made the last play, pretty much every play takes 11 guys working in unison to work. The only play that you can say Stafford made on his own was the game winner against Dallas a couple of years ago. Even then though, it took a team effort to get to that point. He's not in that position without everyone else. But of course a natural reaction when someone makes a play like that is "he won the game for them".

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Aaron Rodgers wins MVP awards and takes his team to the playoffs every year, along with a super bowl trophy but has nothing to do with it?

I said nothing of the sort.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And JJ Watt should have been the MVP last year. The best player in the league last year by far IMO.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And JJ Watt should have been the MVP last year. The best player in the league last year by far IMO.

That's true but another story altogether.

My point is QB has a whole hell of a lot to do with W's and L's.

Otherwise, TB wouldn't even be considering Mr. crab legs with the #1 overall pick.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Otherwise, TB wouldn't even be considering Mr. crab legs with the #1 overall pick.

Until a QB is making plays 11-on-1 then it's still a team game and it takes all 11 guys to make wins happen. Of course great players have more to do with what happens on the field than role players do but they can't do it alone. If linemen don't block and receivers don't catch then Rodgers ain't shit. To be honest, I do think Rodgers carries GB a lot. I don't think they are a particularly talented team but they win a lot because of the things he can do. But by no means does he do it alone so saying he wins or he loses is absurd.

And at the end of the day, the QB position is overrated. It leads to 2nd round talents going #1 overall. It's the main reason IMO that GMs and coaches don't last long in today's NFL. GMs look at their QB situation, decide they need a QB and say "if one of these 3 QBs are available when we pick, we're taking him". So a guy goes #8 overall that MIGHT be a top 68 player. And come the end of April, that's exactly what the Bucs are going to do. Take a guy #1 that has no business going #1, not for crab legs, not for r*pe, not for BB guns, but for his talent. While RBs like Gurley and Gordon who are better football players may not go in the 1st round. I seriously doubt that he's even a top 15 talent in this draft and then you add in the off field issues and I wouldn't touch the guy before the second round but he'll go #1 because it's a QBs world I guess.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB position is not overrated. Not many times do you see an elite QB on a shit team. More times than not, however, you will find elite talent at other positions on a shit team. Im sure there are some anomalies, but for the most part if you have a great qb it reflects in your record.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until a QB is making plays 11-on-1 then it's still a team game and it takes all 11 guys to make wins happen. Of course great players have more to do with what happens on the field than role players do but they can't do it alone. If linemen don't block and receivers don't catch then Rodgers ain't shit. To be honest, I do think Rodgers carries GB a lot. I don't think they are a particularly talented team but they win a lot because of the things he can do. But by no means does he do it alone so saying he wins or he loses is absurd.

And at the end of the day, the QB position is overrated. It leads to 2nd round talents going #1 overall. It's the main reason IMO that GMs and coaches don't last long in today's NFL. GMs look at their QB situation, decide they need a QB and say "if one of these 3 QBs are available when we pick, we're taking him". So a guy goes #8 overall that MIGHT be a top 68 player. And come the end of April, that's exactly what the Bucs are going to do. Take a guy #1 that has no business going #1, not for crab legs, not for r*pe, not for BB guns, but for his talent. While RBs like Gurley and Gordon who are better football players may not go in the 1st round. I seriously doubt that he's even a top 15 talent in this draft and then you add in the off field issues and I wouldn't touch the guy before the second round but he'll go #1 because it's a QBs world I guess.

Suh was just the highest paid defender in league history.

Career
36 sacks
2 FF
1 INT
15 passes defensed

Same 5 years

Aaron Rodgers

167 TD passes

Sorry, the league is setup so that the QB position is by far and away the most important position on the field.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not if Jordy and Cobb don't catch it. The OL don't block and Lacy does not grind out yards.

One play will sum up my opinion on this. Eli Manning gets credit for a ring as the media always does give it to the QB. That defense stopped the most prolific offense in history at the time. Then David Tyree makes a circus catch on a terrible terrible throw against his helmet and suddenly Eli gets the credit. My ass one guy wins. That was a team effort by the Giants.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think last year was a good representation of Stafford's ability. He was limited in his down field passes, he was 19th rated in Yards per attempt at 7.07 just ahead of Dalton and behind Drew Stanton. The coaching staff really wanted to limit turnovers but they also limited his arm.
'
I think a lot of Stafford's problems in the past has been his limited options. It was CJ and and and.... Titus Young? Pettigrew? Ogletree? Durham? Every year we heard the same thing we need to get Stafford weapons and every year those weapons were duds. It wasn't until they signed Tate last year did Stafford finally have a solid #2 and when CJ gets dinged up he becomes limited again.

That is the reason I support Stafford is he has never really had multiple weapons and an offense that allowed him to throw the ball down field. When he gets a few weapons and he still can't do it then he needs to be replaced. But until Mayhew can actually find some weapons the Lions offense has to go through CJ.

Derrick Williams
Brandon Pettigrew
Ryan Broyles
Mikhel LeShoure
Jahvid Best
Titus Toung
Eric Ebron
Kris Durham
Reggie Bush....can't stay healthy your a paper weight

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you give the most credit to Stafford for playoffs or the defense? Do you give Romo the credit for the playoffs or that OL and Murray running?

Rodgers has 167 TDS Because someone was on the receiving end. There are reasons why OL get presents from QBs and RBs. They realize they can not do it alone. Word from Ford Field was coal residue was found in the locker room.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if Jordy and Cobb don't catch it. The OL don't block and Lacy does not grind out yards.

One play will sum up my opinion on this. Eli Manning gets credit for a ring as the media always does give it to the QB. That defense stopped the most prolific offense in history at the time. Then David Tyree makes a circus catch on a terrible terrible throw against his helmet and suddenly Eli gets the credit. My ass one guy wins. That was a team effort by the Giants.

Basically, you're saying if you have a great QB, for your team to be bad you have to have WRs that can't catch, an OLine that can't block, and a RB that can't get yards.

I agree 100%.