• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford will be allowed to open things up

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the fact that they were offering him substantially more $$ had absolutely nothing to do with his decision...

While I do recall some discussion about the difference in offers I was under the impression that he never actually even met with the Lions. Which would mean there really wasn't a negotiating discussion other than what would have been on the phone, let alone any opportunity to sell him on why the Lions were the better place for him to be. He snubbed them to the point of not even bothering, that say a lot.

It cracks me up how some people can be soooo confidant in their thoughts, and yet so utterly clueless on the subject...

What cracks me up is how some people can be soooo confidant in their thoughts, and yet so utterly clueless to suggest that others are clueless on a subject when they have absolutely, positively, no fucking way to put forth anything demonstrative in the form of evidence to back up that statement with anything more than their own thoughts.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do recall some discussion about the difference in offers I was under the impression that he never actually even met with the Lions. Which would mean there really wasn't a negotiating discussion other than what would have been on the phone, let alone any opportunity to sell him on why the Lions were the better place for him to be. He snubbed them to the point of not even bothering, that say a lot.

What cracks me up is how some people can be soooo confidant in their thoughts, and yet so utterly clueless to suggest that others are clueless on a subject when they have absolutely, positively, no fucking way to put forth anything demonstrative in the form of evidence to back up that statement with anything more than their own thoughts.
How are you going to argue with those stubborn knuckle-heads, and then turn right around and defend them like this?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you going to argue with those stubborn knuckle-heads, and then turn right around and defend them like this?

Because I don't think you can say anyone is utterly clueless unless you can present factual evidence that they are in fact wildly wrong and therefore clueless.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5.75M annual salary with no state taxes save 244K per year

His team is picking second in the draft this year, has no QB, and overall a pretty shitty roster.

I often talk about how The Clown Show lacks vision and I think his decision to go there lacks it.

He choose a bad team. Coaches of teams other than the Lions don't get years to produce winners. He has maybe through the 2016 season to turn the Titans around or he is probably done. So not only will he not get paid for the full contract but his value for future earnings will be impacted.

No question his chance to win a SB and maximize his earnings was with Detroit He went a different direction without ever really even considering us. That screams ownership and management as why we weren't even worth a sit down conversation.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I don't think you can say anyone is utterly clueless unless you can present factual evidence that they are in fact wildly wrong and therefore clueless.
I think some of the absurd, "absolute", statements coming out of the Dolphans camp around here suffice as factual evidence. At least in my opinion, that is...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cracks me up how some people can be soooo confidant in their thoughts, and yet so utterly clueless on the subject...

con·fi·dant
ˈkänfəˌdant,ˈkänfəˌdänt/
noun
  1. a person with whom one shares a secret or private matter, trusting them not to repeat it to others.
    synonyms: close friend, bosom friend, best friend; More
con·fi·dent
ˈkänfədənt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    feeling or showing confidence in oneself; self-assured.
    "she was a confident, outgoing girl"
    synonyms: self-assured, assured, self-confident, positive, assertive, self-possessed, self-reliant, poised;

And you call yourself a teacher. Everywhere > UP school system.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of the absurd, "absolute", statements coming out of the Dolphans camp around here suffice as factual evidence. At least in my opinion, that is...

Are you confidant about that? :dhd:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His team is picking second in the draft this year, has no QB, and overall a pretty shitty roster.

I often talk about how The Clown Show lacks vision and I think his decision to go there lacks it.

He choose a bad team. Coaches of teams other than the Lions don't get years to produce winners. He has maybe through the 2016 season to turn the Titans around or he is probably done. So not only will he not get paid for the full contract but his value for future earnings will be impacted.

No question his chance to win a SB and maximize his earnings was with Detroit He went a different direction without ever really even considering us. That screams ownership and management as why we weren't even worth a sit down conversation.

That screams "dipshit" to me.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That screams ownership and management as why we weren't even worth a sit down conversation.

That statement right there could very well be the whole answer as to why he went to Tenn vs the Lions. Maybe, he wanted no part of the Lions FO.

IMO, $$$ saved, Whiz to Tenn and no state income tax plays a significant part as much as possibly Suh chose the same route. Possibly both the aforementioned wanted nothing to do with the Lions FO. Suh had 1st hand knowledge of the situation. Whiz maybe only from a distance but still knowledgeable and aware.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why Ken Whisenhunt chose the Tennessee Titans - NFL.com

Why did Ken Whisenhunt pick Titans over Lions? - Pride Of Detroit

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys continue to crack me up (I appreciate the daily entertainment).

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only drop in here 4

1. FREE Entertainment

2. watch the board game "manipulation" evolve

3. I have absolutely no other life

4. rinse, repeat

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did we "downgrade our defense immensely?" Is Suh really immensely better than Ngata?

I won't say immensely but if you think The lions are getting the same five-time pro bowler in Ngata was at the peak of his career then I think you might be mistaken. I don't see the Lions getting the guy in my opinion it's gonna be no different than Suh and another three or four years you're not getting the same player.

IMO this would be equal to the Rams letting Donald walk in his peak and getting Suh when he is on the downside in 4 yrs.
hope I'm wrong and Austin is the major reason and the drop in talent between Ngata and Suh still can be a top 10ish D. Which is were I see them, not in the twenties as some think.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm unable to master the multi-tasking operation.

please cut me some slack
Me either.

Can't even resize pics. Since nobody will take the time to teach me. (Between you n me, I don't think they know how either.)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Can't even resize pics. 2. Since nobody will take the time to teach me

1. in my mind 1 sixe fits all even if it really doesn't

2. me either but I have severe inability in learning/comprehension