• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soo.. Whats going on with NBA ratings?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I've never made that a secret. I've been a Cavs fan since I was very little but when you're a kid you just cling to certain teams or players bc they are exciting. For me, it was a player.

I love watching the Lakers with a young Kobe and Shaq. I loved watching Brett Favre...and the Packers. I love watching the Titans with McNair and Ohio St alum Eddie George...but that's what happens for most when you are young. Most settle into what you know and where your heart is...for me it's Cleveland but if Cleveland isn't in the playoffs, everyone ROOTS for some other team, whether it is bc of player with college roots, a young team you want to see succeed, etc. For me, it isn't a team, it's a player.

I remember the first time I saw Lebron...he was only a sophomore in high school. Our basketball coach was friends' with Keith Dambrot, St. V's coach...so we went to one of his practices. I hadn't even heard of him yet but you could tell he was going to be special just by watching him at practice. Then my dad and I starting going to his games...then he got drafted by the Cavs. Of course I root for him but that is different than rooting for another team. Everyone has their reasons though but I don't remember Trojan saying one of his favorite teams was Miami. Bc he likes Pat Riley then the Heat is a fav team of his? lol There is a difference.
There are fans that don't like a particular team in a sport so they root for a player they like or enjoy watching...then root for that team. I was never a Heat fan, I was never a Laker fan but I root for Lebron....everyone knows that. So you saying I am not strictly a Cavs fan is wrong..plain and simple. It means nothing if another team wins a title and Lebron is on that team, I'm happy for him but I feel nothing. When the Cavs won a title...I was speechless, shed a little tear (I can admit that) but yeah that's why there is a difference.

Questions for you:
If Denver won a title would you feel that same way I did when the Cavs won?
Same as above for Indiana?
Does your heart pound in the final seconds of a big game for one of these franchises and not the other?

Reflect on these for a bit.

I can't guarantee but fairly certain that when Trojan sees Miami in a close game, his heart doesn't pound out of his chest but for the Lakers that's a different story.

Trying to slyly call people bandwagon fans isn't your role especially when that person seems to certainly only have one favorite team. I've done it before to that one chick that used to post here and probably was wrong for it but she went from a Lakers fan to a W's fan as soon as they started winning, kind of a different case, but still probably should have stayed in my line.

Main Point: I think you are confusing having a favorite team and rooting for a team

Well, I think it would be a big deal for me if the Pacers won. The Cubs winning didn't excite me as much as I thought it would, mainly because baseball wasn't my first sport. Would have been a bigger deal had they done it in 2003 simply because of my young age at the time. The rest is just a matter of wait and see. I felt Giannis made what should be the eventual quote of the 2020's decade the other day in that if winning rings is so easy then why doesn't everyone have one?

Still, I've had a busy summer and have tried my best to refrain from the boards. I just am not able to imagine anyone taking the outside looking in approach and not able to see that there is an extreme Miami bias on this board in one conference and an extreme Lakers/Warriors approach in the other one...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think it would be a big deal for me if the Pacers won. The Cubs winning didn't excite me as much as I thought it would, mainly because baseball wasn't my first sport. Would have been a bigger deal had they done it in 2003 simply because of my young age at the time. The rest is just a matter of wait and see. I felt Giannis made what should be the eventual quote of the 2020's decade the other day in that if winning rings is so easy then why doesn't everyone have one?

Still, I've had a busy summer and have tried my best to refrain from the boards. I just am not able to imagine anyone taking the outside looking in approach and not able to see that there is an extreme Miami bias on this board in one conference and an extreme Lakers/Warriors approach in the other one...
Problem with that quote is, who ever said winning rings was "so easy"?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really got to get over your bias and conspiracy theories.

People tend to get treated as they deserve based on how they interact with others.

There are plenty of reasonable people who are fans of crappy small market teams who do just fine here because they are good posters. And there are a couple fans of large market teams in question who aren’t respected because they are crazy.

As for people favoring teams?

After their team is done, people enjoy watching good basketball. The teams that play it are going to be talked about on here. It is pretty simple.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty simple really.

I root for teams I enjoy watching. But I don’t really care if those teams win or lose.

Been a long time since the Wizards were relevant enough to generate that feeling you are talking about.

But man, watching the Nats in the World Series and UVA in the NCAA tournament the last few years?

Crazy. That is what a fan experience is really about.

I felt pretty good when LeBron got one for Cleveland but yes other than that you can't replicate the feeling unless it is your favorite team. I'd like to see these Celtics win it all this year but won't matter to me if they dont

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt pretty good when LeBron got one for Cleveland but yes other than that you can't replicate the feeling unless it is your favorite team. I'd like to see these Celtics win it all this year but won't matter to me if they dont

Do you believe you have been treated any differently in this forum because you are a Cleveland fan?

Just asking because I think you are a good poster. @HurricaneDij39 has his mind made up that people don’t like Wiggy because he is a Cavs fan.

Which is kind of hysterical.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe you have been treated any differently in this forum because you are a Cleveland fan?

Just asking because I think you are a good poster. @HurricaneDij39 has his mind made up that people don’t like Wiggy because he is a Cavs fan.

Which is kind of hysterical.

I like the browns but I'm not a Cavs fan. But no not at all. Shane is cleveland all the way also

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty simple

People lose short term interest in anything they are forced to quit doing for awhile

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA idiots kneeling on 9/11. That'll help ratings

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have an issue with what the players are doing I have a suggestion. Don't watch. It's that simple.

But that's no fun. You have to come onto an anonymous message board and virtue signal to the other angry white folks how you just aren't going to stand for such nonsense. You get sooooo many likes that way!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have an issue with what the players are doing I have a suggestion. Don't watch. It's that simple.

But that's no fun. You have to come onto an anonymous message board and virtue signal to the other angry white folks how you just aren't going to stand for such nonsense. You get sooooo many likes that way!

Reminds me of the same clowns on twitter who keep saying they boycotting the nba. There is one loser on Twitter who been tweeting he's done with the NBA for years now lol. Those people are clearly seeking attention and want people to give a fuck.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of the same clowns on twitter who keep saying they boycotting the nba. There is one loser on Twitter who been tweeting he's done with the NBA for years now lol. Those people are clearly seeking attention and want people to give a fuck.
Exactly right :clap:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched an NBA game since the start up. NBA ratings are down 45%in the last 5 years. It's going to continue to drop until a truly beautiful thing happens....the owners are gonna lock these spoiled brats out when they won't agree to a larger pay cut. Then you won't be watching either, you'll just be posting on the hoop ''but, but, what happened?''