• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soo.. Whats going on with NBA ratings?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's different. Summer league is a lot of g-league/players who won't make the league. This is the best of best in high intensity games
Televised games in the park would be as satisfying for me.

I also hate those virtual fans with a passion.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll watch my team in summer league but I won’t do random games.

Yeah summer league is ass unless there's a Zion or Lebron in summer league during their rookie year. I stopped watching Heat summer league games like 2 or 3 years ago.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went against the Cavs last winter.

Had way high up seats in the upper section. For $0 we upgraded to courtside when we got there. Maybe 1500 other people.

That's what Clippers games used to be like before Ballmer fucked everything up.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard they feel virtually the same way about you.

I don't hate them but they are unsettling. Like watching the future, like some Hunger Games shit.

But then I heard Lil Wayne was full on smoking a joint as a virtual fan so I'm all about it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like practice to me.

The lighting also sucks, low camera angle sucks, start times suck. It's just not for me.

Maybe when there are Series that could either way. Idk.

Im not excited for football without fans either tbh. Guessing I'll watch like I am baseball and football.

What? That low camera angle is dope, especially the rail camera. It gives you the look as if you were actually sitting in the first couple of rows at a game. I wish they could find a way to keep it once things get back to normal but there really isn't a way to implement it without taking some seats out, which they obviously won't do.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? That low camera angle is dope, especially the rail camera. It gives you the look as if you were actually sitting in the first couple of rows at a game. I wish they could find a way to keep it once things get back to normal but there really isn't a way to implement it without taking some seats out, which they obviously won't do.
It's not appealing for me.

If they keep it.... well... my life will continue to be more productive than it was when I enjoyed watching sports on TV.

Tbh, i think people are just happy to watch TV. Cuz I don't understand the positivity of this inferior product at all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not appealing for me.

If they keep it.... well... my life will continue to be more productive than it was when I enjoyed watching sports on TV.

Tbh, i think people are just happy to watch TV. Cuz I don't understand the positivity of this inferior product at all.

Because it isn’t inferior in any way.

These guys have a ton at stake. Basketball is their livelihood. They are some of the most competitive people on the planet.

Do you think they are playing any less hard because the arena is empty?

The game on the court is the same. No travel + everyone playing in an arena they are comfortable in probably actually improves the overall quality of play. And now that almost all the overmatched teams are gone, we will see some really awesome series.

I am sorry you aren’t enjoying it, but it is your mindset, not the quality of the product.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it isn’t inferior in any way.

These guys have a ton at stake. Basketball is their livelihood. They are some of the most competitive people on the planet.

Do you think they are playing any less hard because the arena is empty?

The game on the court is the same. No travel + everyone playing in an arena they are comfortable in probably actually improves the overall quality of play. And now that almost all the overmatched teams are gone, we will see some really awesome series.

I am sorry you aren’t enjoying it, but it is your mindset, not the quality of the product.
No, I don't think there is less effort. (Philly can blow me. Felt that way already. Hate that team. )

I do not enjoy this TV product. I have discovered I need Home teams, fans, sound, consistent lighting en sech to feel compelled to sit and watch. Which is strange, since prior to this my last day of basketball
Viewing I set aside my afternoon to watch amateur teams play in front of very scarce crowds, all afternoon, on a weekday. It was cancelled and I haven't got the bug back.

The local small college team is hoopin 5 on 5 at the park across from the cemetery lately. They care too. I haven't stopped to watch. Just, idk, this isn't my thing.

I'll hold nothing against the eventual Champions. And I hope I watch and enjoy, but not holding my breath.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't think there is less effort. (Philly can blow me. Felt that way already. Hate that team. )

I do not enjoy this TV product. I have discovered I need Home teams, fans, sound, consistent lighting en sech to feel compelled to sit and watch. Which is strange, since prior to this my last day of basketball
Viewing I set aside my afternoon to watch amateur teams play in front of very scarce crowds, all afternoon, on a weekday. It was cancelled and I haven't got the bug back.

The local small college team is hoopin 5 on 5 at the park across from the cemetery lately. They care too. I haven't stopped to watch. Just, idk, this isn't my thing.

I'll hold nothing against the eventual Champions. And I hope I watch and enjoy, but not holding my breath.

Yeah, Philly was a huge disappointment.

In their defense though, contrary to what a couple people were pushing prior to the series, Simmons is easily Philly’s most important player in a matchup with Boston.

They just couldn’t match up defensively.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason why the NBA is allowed to play is because it is controlled be China.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason why the NBA is allowed to play is because it is controlled be China.
If that was true why isn't the bubble in Beijing? With months to prepare, no one leaving, and fans virtual they could have put it anywhere, but didn't choose China...huh:noidea::scratch:

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well lets see some of the gems of knowledge that msgkings322 is dropping.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up loving basketball. I cannot remember the last time I watched it (even for a few minutes).

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation = "My suckass Pacers are down 3-0 to a team I hate, so this is me claiming these playoffs don't count".

LOL At least I have the audacity to admit I have two favorite teams. Mine being the Pacers and Nuggets, yours being the Lakers and Heat.

And yes, my teams are now 0-6 in the playoffs if you take away the Nuggets overtime opener against Utah. Wouldn't have made any difference to my approach to this whole thing. The Pacers were never going to beat Miami without Sabonis, was just hoping they'd get a game or two. The Nuggets? They had to pray that the Mavs pull off a monumental first round upset because they had virtually no chance against the Clippers in the second round...

It will still be hilarious when Miami inevitably lets key free agents walk (Dragic, Crowder, Jones Jr, Robinson) simply to fulfill their false pursuit of Giannis.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL At least I have the audacity to admit I have two favorite teams. Mine being the Pacers and Nuggets, yours being the Lakers and Heat.

And yes, my teams are now 0-6 in the playoffs if you take away the Nuggets overtime opener against Utah. Wouldn't have made any difference to my approach to this whole thing. The Pacers were never going to beat Miami without Sabonis, was just hoping they'd get a game or two. The Nuggets? They had to pray that the Mavs pull off a monumental first round upset because they had virtually no chance against the Clippers in the second round...

It will still be hilarious when Miami inevitably lets key free agents walk (Dragic, Crowder, Jones Jr, Robinson) simply to fulfill their false pursuit of Giannis.

Why do you do this?

What exactly makes @trojanfan12 a Heat fan?

Telling other people who their favorite teams are. SMH.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you do this?

What exactly makes @trojanfan12 a Heat fan?

Telling other people who their favorite teams are. SMH.

Because I actually have I life outside the message boards and can see things in perspective. I work in healthcare and have had to cover for my mom in the last week after she had surgery. And my grandpa is also in the process of being admitted in the nursing home I've worked tirelessly for all summer long in the heat and in a mask that adds to the heat. So yeah - I, HurricaneDij, in fact am part of the diminished employment rate during the pandemic. Who would have thought? :scratch:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what teams a give posters favor.

- Outside of the Pacers and Nuggets, I favor the midwest teams when my teams aren't playing.
- You've favored the Warriors from 2015-2019 as well as whatever teams have the most stars in the biggest markets.
- In addition to the Cavs, shaneman also favors whatever team LeBron plays for. Because we all know guys who are strictly Cavs fans (i.e. Wiggy and dtgold) are scoffed upon.
- msgkings favors the most glamorous teams from California (i.e. the Warriors and the Lakers)
- And yes, I'm sure @trojanfan12 holds plenty of reverence for Pat Riley for all he's done for the Lakers back in the day.

It really could not be more simple.