• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, Who's the moron that said the Lakers are the better-operated franchise than the Cavs?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'd have a better chance to land one of the big FA's if they had AD and Lebron.

But not landing one of them wouldn't necessarily keep them from being contenders. They could still get there by signing the right "2nd tier/near max" type players. Especially if KD left the Warriors.

As long as KD stays with the Warriors, the rest of the league is playing for 2nd place.

But, if he leaves (and many think he will), then signing the right "2nd tier/near max" type players would put them right in the mix of contending teams.

Yeah, They for sure have a bunch of scenarios, and with Lebron being 34 the window is not very long at this point. Paul Milsap and Rubio would have been intriguing with those two. Whoever was the 2 guard would need to bee lights out from deep though.

All speculation where the trade was rejected, I just think Demps did the Lakers a favor and they will end up with a better team for it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, They for sure have a bunch of scenarios, and with Lebron being 34 the window is not very long at this point. Paul Milsap and Rubio would have been intriguing with those two. Whoever was the 2 guard would need to bee lights out from deep though.

All speculation where the trade was rejected, I just think Demps did the Lakers a favor and they will end up with a better team for it.

Yeah, it's all going to depend on what happens. I think the Lakers in general and Lebron and Rich Paul in particular, have a lot of work to do.

They have to find a way to repair the damage of the AD debacle. I didn't really buy into the "no one wants to play with Lebron anymore" narrative. But after the AD thing, I would think that some are at least having 2nd thoughts.

Lebron also has to find a way to patch things up with the young guys so they can at least make things work on the court.

On the bold, that would be critical for them. Aside from the injuries, shooting from the perimeter has been their biggest issue all season. At the very least, if they accomplish nothing else, they have to find a way to add shooting this off-season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Lebron left to Miami and they got multiple #1's and loaded the roster. Yes Lebron came back and they won. That kind of proves my point, he couldn't do it without a well rounded roster.
Or it proves the Cavs did it nothing like LA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way in hell that any time with LeBron or Michael Jordan as the center piece of the team could be expected to both make the playoffs and be a contender after missing the 20 games. The Lakers lost Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and LeBron James. On what planet do you think the Lakers can win any games in the regulars season without three of their five starters? I just don't see that

Go back and check the records - post some stats - LeBron missed 20 games. Ingram missed 24 not counting the rest of the season. Lonzo Ball missed games and the rest of the season. You really think there is any team out there that can still compete while missing three fifths of their regular stars?

Dude.

The Bulls were a contender the year Jordan was off playing baseball. You aren't using the best example here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on that one 100% and in facted I think it killed their chemistry - but in the highly competitive Western Conference that every one has been talking about - I think it's absurd to expect the Lakers to do much without LeBron, Ingram and Ball - Every one of these players have missed 16 to 24 games not counting the last 9 games not yet played. Quite frankly I thought you was smart enough to understand this -I didn't realize you was a troll like the others in here. I expect this kind of stupidity from Wiggy and the LeBronJames23 dude. Every one knows they are dumb asses, but come on - do you research better then this shit

If you told us that those 3 would miss the number of games they have, I don't think anyone would have expected the Lakers to make the playoffs. You are correct about that.

I get that is your main point, but there are a lot of things that have conspired to derail the Laker season and the injuries are only part of the story. Of the 3 primary factors, 2 of them fall squarely on the front office and its roster management decisions.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if we were comparing a team who was a 6th seed and won a series compared to a non-playoff team. But 4 time EC champ a little different than the 10-11 seed I think.

Not a lot of difference between last year's team and this year's Lakers though...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its beyond clear that since Dr. Buss passed away the Lakers have been a terribly run organization.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that the point? Added Lebron and "not a lot of difference"?

Lakers definitely under-performed, but that was to be anticipated somewhat given the fall-back direction over the summer coupled with a lot of injury issues.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers definitely under-performed, but that was to be anticipated somewhat given the fall-back direction over the summer coupled with a lot of injury issues.
Adding Lebron and it was "somewhat expected" they might not even improve? If they were any good and didn't go into tank mode, they plays 60+ games. The guy only played 69 games when he came back and Cavs went to the Finals.

Yes, I get the East, but again a Finals trip is a bit better than a 10-11 seed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding Lebron and it was "somewhat expected" they might not even improve? If they were any good and didn't go into tank mode, they plays 60+ games. The guy only played 69 games when he came back and Cavs went to the Finals.

Yes, I get the East, but again a Finals trip is a bit better than a 10-11 seed.

I wasn't comparing this Laker team to the 2014 Cavs; they still had Kyrie and Love, each for the most starts in their careers.

When Lebron got hurt, so did Rondo. By the time Rondo got back, Lonzo was already out (and ultimately done for the year), injured just as he seemed to be emerging. Just as Ingram was coming into his own, season ending injury. This season collapsed upon itself.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't comparing this Laker team to the 2014 Cavs; they still had Kyrie and Love, each for the most starts in their careers.

When Lebron got hurt, so did Rondo. By the time Rondo got back, Lonzo was already out (and ultimately done for the year), injured just as he seemed to be emerging. Just as Ingram was coming into his own, season ending injury. This season collapsed upon itself.
They had been rebuilding 6 seasons. My God rookie Lebron joined a Cavs team with the worst record in the entire NBA (giving major minutes to Ricky Davis and Darius Miles) and it looks like they'll have about the same record as LA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had been rebuilding 6 seasons. My God rookie Lebron joined a Cavs team with the worst record in the entire NBA (giving major minutes to Ricky Davis and Darius Miles) and it looks like they'll have about the same record as LA.

That's called tanking, and neither of those players made the 2014 roster. The tanking got them Love via trade, Kyrie was already there as Lebron's departing gift from David Stern. The Eastern Conference was pretty weak then too. Take a look at that Hawks roster and explain to me how that results in 60 wins.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

The Bulls were a contender the year Jordan was off playing baseball. You aren't using the best example here.
Perhaps, but I think you are smart enough to understand - that teams with a lot of injuries seldom are contenders and generally miss the playoffs, so cut the crap and be mindful that the Lakers lost LeBron James, Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball for a relatively large part of the season. I consider 21 games each to be significant considering Lonzo Ball and Ingram are out for the season. In addition Rondo was out 11 games or so. No team is going to recover from that in a season. This nonsense that the Lakers are a badly managed team by Magic Johnson is not yet a given even though I think he has made a good start in the direction.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's called tanking, and neither of those players made the 2014 roster. The tanking got them Love via trade, Kyrie was already there as Lebron's departing gift from David Stern. The Eastern Conference was pretty weak then too. Take a look at that Hawks roster and explain to me how that results in 60 wins.
Huh? Miles and Davis were there in his rookie year. Of course they were not on the 2014 roster. The Cavs were ready to win in 2014 after rebuilding only 4 years.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Lakers have to tank to be losing. Sadly enough - they are that bad - but Ingram is out for the season, Lonzo Ball is out for the season, Josh Hart is out for the season. Not much is left man

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already know that under Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak mismanaged the Lakers - No one is disputing that. Most people thought the Lakers had turned the page at the beginning of the season - but it is bullshit to pretend that this year is the same mismanagement when the team was destroyed by so many injuries UNLESS you are blaming the head coach and Magic Johnson for all of those injuries. Are You?