• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, Who's the moron that said the Lakers are the better-operated franchise than the Cavs?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not suggesting injuries weren't a huge negative factor in the Laker season.

But they were not even close to the only problem.

Laker fans who want to pretend like injuries were the only problem this year are in denial.

Nope.

But, it was the primary reason they are missing the postseason.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF and Wiggy must be related.

"Rainbow warriors."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

But, it was the primary reason they are missing the postseason.

Agree to disagree.

Because with better complimentary pieces who wanted to be there with LeBron, LeBron would be playing today. Lonzo might be playing today. Kuzma would be playing today. But with or without Lonzo and Ingram they would have a chance if they had actual shooters to put around LeBron playing at 80%.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Barnes?

ColossalPowerfulJaguarundi-small.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok this is what Chris Broussard thinks...interested to see how it works out

KD - Knicks
Kyrie - Knicks

LOL

Kawhi - Raptors or Clippers
Middleton - stays with Bucks

That leaves Cousins, Kemba or Butler to L.A. possibly.

He said he could see Boogie going to the Lakers on a 1 year deal show me deal...I could see that just it wouldn't be a good fit imo.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok this is what Chris Broussard thinks...interested to see how it works out

KD - Knicks
Kyrie - Knicks

LOL

Kawhi - Raptors or Clippers
Middleton - stays with Bucks

That leaves Cousins, Kemba or Butler to L.A. possibly.

He said he could see Boogie going to the Lakers on a 1 year deal show me deal...I could see that just it wouldn't be a good fit imo.

There's a lot of quality depth in this free agency class, but only so many top tier talents. I think it'll be interesting to see who the Lakers make a priority. If I'm them, I put all my chips on AD, then wait it out for the market to thin.

I'd go after JJ Redick and Paul Millsap to rebuild the team. Both are older players, but also you wouldn't have to compete with other teams throwing them long term, big money deals. They'd be within range if they were willing to play. Also they're both the definition of "do your job" players. You know what you're getting from them and perfectly complimentary players to Lebron.

Then go after some value guys like Garrett Temple or a Justin Holiday. Mike Scott, Ed Davis or Robin Lopez. Wilson Chandler might be in play. I'd even take some fliers on guys like Jabari Parker or Dragan Bender as a reclamation project.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston wasn't without their best player.....

James has missed

Ball missed

James missed 19 games due to injury and he's the Lakers best payer. Houston's best player is Harden.....how many games has he missed?

Ball will have missed 35 games by the time the season is over.

Ingram will have missed 30 games.....he's probably the Lakers 2nd best player.

Rondo has missed 34.

Hart has missed 12.

Kuzma has missed 9.

That's 139 games lost due to injuries....a lot.
Hart doesn't matter...also arguable if all these players would have missed so many games if LA remained in contention.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not suggesting injuries weren't a huge negative factor in the Laker season.

But they were not even close to the only problem.

Laker fans who want to pretend like injuries were the only problem this year are in denial.
Plus if they stay in contention, maybe some of these guys don't miss as many games?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of quality depth in this free agency class, but only so many top tier talents. I think it'll be interesting to see who the Lakers make a priority. If I'm them, I put all my chips on AD, then wait it out for the market to thin.

I'd go after JJ Redick and Paul Millsap to rebuild the team. Both are older players, but also you wouldn't have to compete with other teams throwing them long term, big money deals. They'd be within range if they were willing to play. Also they're both the definition of "do your job" players. You know what you're getting from them and perfectly complimentary players to Lebron.

Then go after some value guys like Garrett Temple or a Justin Holiday. Mike Scott, Ed Davis or Robin Lopez. Wilson Chandler might be in play. I'd even take some fliers on guys like Jabari Parker or Dragan Bender as a reclamation project.

Wait.

I don't see KCP, the Morris twins or Cory Joseph on your list.

LeBron going to be pissed.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.

I don't see KCP, the Morris twins or Cory Joseph on your list.

LeBron going to be pissed.

Well I was just going under the assumption that they wanted to improve and not just add more dog shit to the roster.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was just going under the assumption that they wanted to improve and not just add more dog shit to the roster.

Yeah, but gotta get those Klutch clients!

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I misunderstood your trolling the first time, but in the history of the NBA , the Lakers have 17 and the Cavs have one and the Lakers will go back to the finals where the Cavs won't for the next 20 years, lol but in the last 6 o 9 years yes the Cavs have been better operated

I haven't read the rest of the thread, so forgive me if anyone already pointed this out...but the Lakers have 16 championships. NOT 17.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand that situation which is really good news for the young man is the blood clot issue was the result of his injury and is not expected to be an issue going forward. That happened to my mother when she was 85(she lived to be 90) and never had the problem again - so that is encouraging to me

Yeah, it was something structural and has already been corrected with surgery. So, not a Chris Bosh situation.

If I remember what I heard correctly, he basically had a muscle that was pinching off a blood vessel. I think I remember it because I was surprised to hear that Ingram has muscles. lol

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true that you don't need to shoot correctly to be a good/great shooter.

But, there is a reason nobody ever changed Reggie Miller's mechanics. He was a great shooter at every level.

Lonzo was never a great shooter. He was serviceable in college. Not great. There were always questions about his technique and he has been flat out awful with his shot in the NBA.

Time to reconstruct his shot. There just isn't a legitimate reason not to. If Lonzo works on it with a shot doctor this summer he can come back to training camp with a totally new shot that is game ready. It will still take time to develop to the point where he is a feared shooter, but I just don't see what he has to lose right now.

Every summer that goes by without Lonzo retooling his shot is a summer mostly wasted, IMO.

I'm just trying to think...how many players have we seen successfully change their shot? I'm not talking about minor mechanical issues, I'm talking about major overhaul. MKG has tried to change his shot and it never worked out. I'm trying to think of others who had major issues, but none have really panned out to my recollection.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true that you don't need to shoot correctly to be a good/great shooter.

But, there is a reason nobody ever changed Reggie Miller's mechanics. He was a great shooter at every level.

Lonzo was never a great shooter. He was serviceable in college. Not great. There were always questions about his technique and he has been flat out awful with his shot in the NBA.

Time to reconstruct his shot. There just isn't a legitimate reason not to. If Lonzo works on it with a shot doctor this summer he can come back to training camp with a totally new shot that is game ready. It will still take time to develop to the point where he is a feared shooter, but I just don't see what he has to lose right now.

Every summer that goes by without Lonzo retooling his shot is a summer mostly wasted, IMO.

I don't know. I see your point. But I think that for him, it's more about being able to get his shot off comfortably and consistently.

At this point, I don't think he can ever be a great shooter. But he can be adequate enough that, combined with his other skills (and some health) he could still be a really good, if not great player.

Imo, the fastest way to him becoming an adequate shooter is to work with his current form and get it to where he can get the shot up comfortably.

But, you could be right. He's certainly young enough that he could probably have his shot reconstructed and pick it up quickly.

Unfortunately, he lost a summer of working on his shot while recovering from his surgery. Hopefully, he'll make up for it this summer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just trying to think...how many players have we seen successfully change their shot? I'm not talking about minor mechanical issues, I'm talking about major overhaul. MKG has tried to change his shot and it never worked out. I'm trying to think of others who had major issues, but none have really panned out to my recollection.

At the NBA level?

I don't know. It happens though.

Of course, NBA players who rework their shot after they get there are all guys who couldn't shoot to begin with. So odds are against them.

Lonzo seems really coordinated though. I would think he would have as good a chance as anyone. 2 -3 thousand reps a day with good form would get him there IMO.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was something structural and has already been corrected with surgery. So, not a Chris Bosh situation.

If I remember what I heard correctly, he basically had a muscle that was pinching off a blood vessel. I think I remember it because I was surprised to hear that Ingram has muscles. lol

Well in my mothers case, she had been in the hospital for at least three or four weeks - at that point, her pulse had dropped to zero and then she came back - After that I had to move her to a rehab/nursing home for another 3 months and she recovered and came home - then the blood clots, so the doctor has some intense medicine other then Cumulin which they give shots for ten days and hopes it goes away for good - which is most likely what they did for Ingram - in my mothers case it was due to inactivity and all of the crap she went through. One thing for sure - If my mothers plan was to live a really long time and become a problem as part of revenge - She was successful:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I see your point. But I think that for him, it's more about being able to get his shot off comfortably and consistently.

At this point, I don't think he can ever be a great shooter. But he can be adequate enough that, combined with his other skills (and some health) he could still be a really good, if not great player.

Imo, the fastest way to him becoming an adequate shooter is to work with his current form and get it to where he can get the shot up comfortably.

But, you could be right. He's certainly young enough that he could probably have his shot reconstructed and pick it up quickly.

Unfortunately, he lost a summer of working on his shot while recovering from his surgery. Hopefully, he'll make up for it this summer.
the problem with his shot is that its too low and too slow to get off in the NBA with any consistency. Its a broken shot. Its not like his form being shit just relates to misses and makes- it relates to how fast he can get his shot off and how easily guys can defend it. It needs a major overhaul.

not being able to hit a solid % is obviously a big problem

arguably a bigger problem is having a slow shot with a low starting point that makes it easier for defenders to block a shot or alter it.

Ball has BOTH problems.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with his shot is that its too low and too slow to get off in the NBA with any consistency. Its a broken shot. Its not like his form being shit just relates to misses and makes- it relates to how fast he can get his shot off and how easily guys can defend it. It needs a major overhaul.

not being able to hit a solid % is obviously a big problem

arguably a bigger problem is having a slow shot with a low starting point that makes it easier for defenders to block a shot or alter it.

Ball has BOTH problems.

I agree. That's why he doesn't shoot it unless he's left open. When he's left open consistently, he hits the shot fairly consistently. But teams figure that out pretty quickly, the defender stays a little closer and then he either has to rush the shot or just not shoot.

I've said since I first saw his shot that he needs to raise his release point and either learn to get his shot off quicker or learn how to create space to get his shot off.

Preferably, he will raise the release point and learn to get the shot off quicker. By doing that he should, theoretically, be able to get his shot more consistently and comfortably. Learning to create space would help, but not as much raising the release point and quickening his release.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That's why he doesn't shoot it unless he's left open. When he's left open consistently, he hits the shot fairly consistently. But teams figure that out pretty quickly, the defender stays a little closer and then he either has to rush the shot or just not shoot.

I've said since I first saw his shot that he needs to raise his release point and either learn to get his shot off quicker or learn how to create space to get his shot off.

Preferably, he will raise the release point and learn to get the shot off quicker. By doing that he should, theoretically, be able to get his shot more consistently and comfortably. Learning to create space would help, but not as much raising the release point and quickening his release.

has a helluva lot to do with his confidence as well imo...