• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, Who's the moron that said the Lakers are the better-operated franchise than the Cavs?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That's why he doesn't shoot it unless he's left open. When he's left open consistently, he hits the shot fairly consistently. But teams figure that out pretty quickly, the defender stays a little closer and then he either has to rush the shot or just not shoot.

I've said since I first saw his shot that he needs to raise his release point and either learn to get his shot off quicker or learn how to create space to get his shot off.

Preferably, he will raise the release point and learn to get the shot off quicker. By doing that he should, theoretically, be able to get his shot more consistently and comfortably. Learning to create space would help, but not as much raising the release point and quickening his release.

But if you are going to raise the release point, you might as well just start over.

That is no small tweak and would require the same amount of work to retrain muscle memory. But, at the same time, I think the more similar your change is to your old form, the more likely you are to eventually fall back into old habits.

I have found that a total shot overhaul can sometimes be easier on the player than a significant mechanical change that doesn't overhaul the shot technique.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you are going to raise the release point, you might as well just start over.

That is no small tweak and would require the same amount of work to retrain muscle memory. But, at the same time, I think the more similar your change is to your old form, the more likely you are to eventually fall back into old habits.

I have found that a total shot overhaul can sometimes be easier on the player than a significant mechanical change that doesn't overhaul the shot technique.

Yeah, good point. But by the same token, more similar it is to the old form, the quicker they are likely to pick it up.

You're correct though, in that it's also easier for them to revert back to old habits.

Lonzo is definitely young enough that they could overhaul his shot. Might even be able to do it in 1 summer. Especially if he's dedicated enough and follows the Dr. Kobe prescription of 3,000 shots per day or whatever it was.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, good point. But by the same token, more similar it is to the old form, the quicker they are likely to pick it up.

You're correct though, in that it's also easier for them to revert back to old habits.

Lonzo is definitely young enough that they could overhaul his shot. Might even be able to do it in 1 summer. Especially if he's dedicated enough and follows the Dr. Kobe prescription of 3,000 shots per day or whatever it was.

He improved this past season. From:

36% and 31% in his rookie season to:

40% and 33%.

Granted, it wasn't much but it was better......and if he could get it up to 42-43% and 35-36% next season, that'd be huge IMO.

His FT %? Now, that needs serious work.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He improved this past season. From:

36% and 31% in his rookie season to:

40% and 33%.

Granted, it wasn't much but it was better......and if he could get it up to 42-43% and 35-36% next season, that'd be huge IMO.

His FT %? Now, that needs serious work.
how much of that is simply having the spacing that LeBron James provides? at least a few points.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much of that is simply having the spacing that LeBron James provides? at least a few points.

Agree. Lebron created space that gave him lanes to the basket and open shots from the perimeter.

That's part of what made all of the injuries so frustrating. Lonzo had learned to take advantage of those and was being a bit more aggressive.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he was taking it to the basket much more aggressively, and that confidence seemed to bolster all aspects of his game. Then, the severe turned ankle...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, last post to you since we're obviously not going to see eye to eye ever...

You're basically the mom's basement version of Skip Bayless. You created a blog which no one cares about, so you come on to this site and post non-nonsensical threads directly to cause drama. It's unfortunate that your self-esteem when it comes to basketball is so low that instead of posting to engage debate, you simply troll now.

The only person you respect or posts that you like is @WiggyRuss because you feel since he gets attacked here a lot you guys have something in common. But even Wiggy doesn't support a lot of your stupid ass threads either. And as much as he and I disagree, about 80% of actual basketball content we can have civilized debates even if we disagree with each other. I actual respect his knowledge and even if I don't agree with it, he at least backs his opinion up with evidence.

Plus, your actual response to my last post shows that you didn't even read what I wrote in my original post which you facepalmed. All you did was look to see I posted something and just assumed it was negative. My post wasn't even negative to you at all but because you've got such a low basketball IQ you couldn't separate anything I wrote individually. You just lumped it together in order to help your own narrative about me.

I'm just disappointed. I thought originally you were a quality poster and appreciated some of what you wrote. I haven't personally attacked you before yet you've resorted to childish responses for no reason. It's cool though, at least I know you don't intend to ever actually have basketball conversation. You're looking for validation, none of which you'll actually get unless you pander to specific posters. I get it. My mistake.

Dude, who gives a shit if one out of your five ratings in a given post is a facepalm?

As I've said, I shouldn't have to explain why I rate a given post the way I do, but if I feel that your post is well-thought out and unique,
I will in fact lend you a positive rating.

And for the record, I have my own place with my own pet. And I am actively looking to upgrade my job situation and income.

So yes, you in fact outsmarted yourself on that one.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am actively looking to upgrade my job situation and income.
Translation: I haven't had a job in 2 years, and I need some income fast!

Sorry but I just had to swing at that hanging curve.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: I haven't had a job in 2 years, and I need some income fast!

Sorry but I just had to swing at that hanging curve.
hey, in all honesty i am also looking to upgrade my job situation and income and ive been at the same place for 5 years and put in some crazy hours!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did you want from a lame gag to start it off...?

#usebetterstartingmaterial
Oh sir, I have to cite you again for using hashtag 'humor' , that stopped being ok in 2015

Let's try to clean it up going forward

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, who gives a shit if one out of your five ratings in a given post is a facepalm?

As I've said, I shouldn't have to explain why I rate a given post the way I do, but if I feel that your post is well-thought out and unique,
I will in fact lend you a positive rating.

And for the record, I have my own place with my own pet. And I am actively looking to upgrade my job situation and income.

So yes, you in fact outsmarted yourself on that one.

Mom's basement again wasn't a swipe at you personally. It was about making an extreme example of Skip Bayless's nonsense that he spews and the validity of which that opinion comes with.

But I do hope you upgrade your job situation and income. Everyone needs to flourish. Good luck sir.

:suds:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, yeah OK...

who died and left you in charge of the comedy police again...?
I had to go to the academy just like everyone. Are you contesting the citations?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to go to the academy just like everyone. Are you contesting the citations?

upload_2019-4-11_8-27-23.jpeg

I will now render my verdict on each citation:

As to the first count of use of "I know you are but what am I" humor in a retort. That citation is dismissed due to entrapment. That comment only allowed for an "I know you are but what am I" response.

As to the 2nd count of use of "Hashtag humor", that citation is upheld. Hashtag humor did indeed get old in 2015 and as such, can only be used ironically or sarcastically. It is the opinion of this court that it was being used as a real attempt at humor and not ironically or sarcastically.

A sentencing hearing on the 2nd citation will be held at a later date.