• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Texas contacted Saban

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
People are entitled to opinions. Many people would agree that Austin is a nicer place than Tuscaloosa. Some would object. If people with strong opinions bother you, than internet is probably is probably not a good place for you to hang out. Live and let live.
None of this bothers me I find it amusing especially the part where you guys are denying you're arrogant. That is priceless!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this bothers me I find it amusing especially the part where you guys are denying you're arrogant. That is priceless!
-
I think you and Charlie need to have an internet hug.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never denied i was arrogant, i said its not exclusive to these two fanbases. Two very different sides of that coin pal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever talked with a USC fan, tOSU fan, Michigan fan? its not exclusive to the fanbases you mentioned. Hell I remember a time in the past when 7 in a row was a motto and arrogance seethed from your fanbase, but alas we have a more humble version now until they rise up and make some waves again. First chance coming up Saturday, got a boat big enough to make a wave?
Says the guy who talks shit to his own son because he is a Florida fan and brags about it online. Remember you are never too old to change.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never denied i was arrogant, i said its not exclusive to these two fanbases. Two very different sides of that coin pal.
Fine then own it but know it makes you an asshole all the same.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I also don't believe Saban will leave Bama.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who talks shit to his own son because he is a Florida fan and brags about it online. Remember you are never too old to change.

You see me talking shit, I see me teaching him a lesson to not make bold claims about a team that is not even picked to win a division title, much less a conference or BCS title. Besides, my son and i joust like that all the time and its expected. I dont hold back my personal life just because I am on the internet when i am talking about things, many of these guys on here i consider friends in an internet sort of way and would totally hang with a few on here that i see as really cool. What you choose to do with your offspring and how you choose to raise them is your business. I have done well with raising mine and wont cower to the likes of you in my principles i have instilled in them, so my advice is dont cross a line here and make this personal or it might get that way quick.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine then own it but know it makes you an asshole all the same.

Asshole to who, you? who fucking cares, who died and made you the internet police to clean up arrogance. I am who I am and i have what i have due to being a bit arrogant and cocky, do you want me to apologize for that. Good luck with getting me to ever apologize to the likes of you and your internet holier than thou attitude. If you ask me, to expect everyone to bow to your opinions and wishes(like you seem to want) shows alot of arrogance too. Good luck with your ass whipping this weekend.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about Texas could outbid Alabama, please Bama could/would match any offer any program would throw at Saban let's be real though, no program is going to dump that much on any coach. And Texas is a better option? Texas gets top talent sure, but so does Alabama. And Mal Moore said yes to everything Saban asked for and so will Bill Battle. The Board of Trustees does whatever Saban asks. Alabama does whatever Saban wants when he wants it He won't get that anywhere else. Bama put up a statue of the guy already.

Like it was said earlier, Texas is a great job but at this point its a step down from Bama. Saban didn't just improve the football program, he improved all the athletics. New facilities and top recruits for all sports and the baseball facility is finally getting a much need makeover. I don't see him leaving because honestly why would he? He'd have to start all over. Clean house. Get his own players that he wants that fits his system and develop them.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about Texas could outbid Alabama, please Bama could/would match any offer any program would throw at Saban let's be real though, no program is going to dump that much on any coach. And Texas is a better option? Texas gets top talent sure, but so does Alabama. And Mal Moore said yes to everything Saban asked for and so will Bill Battle. The Board of Trustees does whatever Saban asks. Alabama does whatever Saban wants when he wants it He won't get that anywhere else. Bama put up a statue of the guy already.

Like it was said earlier, Texas is a great job but at this point its a step down from Bama. Saban didn't just improve the football program, he improved all the athletics. New facilities and top recruits for all sports and the baseball facility is finally getting a much need makeover. I don't see him leaving because honestly why would he? He'd have to start all over. Clean house. Get his own players that he wants that fits his system and develop them.
-

That is not true. Based on 2012, Bama spent 34.4mm on football v 76.8 in football rev. Texas spent 24.5mm v 95.7mm in rev. Texas spent 25.6% of the revenue. Bama is at 41.1%. If it is game about money clearly Texas has an advantage. I do not think it gets there, but I wanted to pt out that you are wrong.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

That is not true. Based on 2012, Bama spent 34.4mm on football v 76.8 in football rev. Texas spent 24.5mm v 95.7mm in rev. Texas spent 25.6% of the revenue. Bama is at 41.1%. If it is game about money clearly Texas has an advantage. I do not think it gets there, but I wanted to pt out that you are wrong.

Its ok to point out that someone is wrong, just dont be arrogant about it:lol:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horn's comment was arrogant if he believed Saban was coming or not it is obvious he thinks Austin and Texas are better than the entire state of Alabama and UA. Its one thing to list the postivies of your own situation its very arrogant to trash someone elses.

I'm pretty familiar with people that act this way since Alabama fans do it all the time (and they don't see anything wrong with it either). I guess you two were destined to butt heads and a match made out of disfunction. But don't kid yourself it is pure and simple arrogance.

Oh, there's no doubt Austin and Texas are 100000000000000 times better than AU...........

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the check has enough zeros loyalty becomes less important. And I think with every Texas loss another zero can be added!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always love this argument. I am sure not one of you guys has ever changed your mind or made a statement that you knew to be true at the moment, but you also knew it might change. When Saban made the statement he had not agreed to a contract offer as the final offer had not been made yet. Alabama had talked with him and tried to get him, but he turned the first offer down. This was gamesmanship and he knew he would eventually end up getting what he wanted due to knowing they were serious enough to give it up. In reality if its true when you make the statement, then technically its not a lie even if you know in your heart that the conditions will change and you will end up there. Why would he out himself moving during the middle of a season and ruin he possible chances at a playoff berth, when he can tell(technically a white lie due to intent) the truth and not have to deal with his team in the locker room or on the field.

Tell you what, for any man who has never told a lie, White or not, i will accept a response, otherwise STFU.

I will not
13722933870.gif

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate Texas fans because they're arrogant. Some Alabama posters have their heads so far shoved up their ass its a joke. Sure Saban will probably stay at Alabama, but Texas coming over with a nice offer could potentially lure Saban away. That's that, that's it. Texas has Alabama beat in Location, Recruiting, Schedule, Money. It would be easier to coach at Texas than it would Alabama, the lifestyle would be better as well. Any Alabama fan arguing that Alabama is just as good of Location/Recruiting/or can offer Saban the money is just stupid and arrogant to the point they'll cry if Saban leaves the program. What is keeping Saban at Alabama is what HE BUILT, he currently is fielding a dynasty and coaches the best team in the nation. When Saban leaves Alabama, they will be able to recruit for a little bit but it'll drop off. Alabama's recruiting success is a direct correlation to the success on the football field. There is nothing desirable in Alabama, the state sucks I am sorry. It's much like Nebraska, our recruiting for what it's worth is strictly because tradition and success on the field. Nobody wants to live in fucking Nebraska, there's nothing here. So Alabama waving recruiting/location/money in comparison to Texas, give me a break and step off your high horse. Alabama is a nice coaching job because of Tradition and its current success. Nothing more.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid when they don't work in your favor or fit your argument. Tossed aroud like the law of the land when they do. When it comes to two schools playing in recorded games prior to the declaration of the 40th State in the Nation and the record is 1-7, it matters to one side of the argument for sure.

No, it's stupid because the teams are usually mismatched when they play in odd amounts of years. Where as teams that play each other every year, or even every few years have a real history of up and down times.

As the other person pointed out with the Texas vs Vandy record, does it really mean anything that Vandy has beat Texas way more times? Or, is it just a sign of the times they played in terms of Texas not being their normal selves at that time?