• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Texas contacted Saban

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe Saban will go to Texas.

That said, people taking his statements as gospel should slow down a bit. At this point, he really has no choice but to say what he said......its not like he's going to announce a move mid season. He will be loyal to Bama until he's not. Thats the way it will happen if it were to happen. He could tell you they will bury him in Tuscaloosa and the very next day he's at his presser in Austin.

To put it short, talk is cheap, and you should not really put stock into anything they say. When money is laid out on a table, ALL the talking you need will happen then. EVERYBODY is loyal until someone backs up a dump truck full of money to their house.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is a highly respected program but Bama is still the better job. Nowhere to go but down for Saban. No reason to ever leave, and I believe him.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Robinson. The next UT HC.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows what Nick wants to really do, except Nick.
He may be happy, maybe not.
He may be looking to leave, maybe not.
He may be looking to retire, maybe not.

That's why Texas has to pursue it, because you never know.
Nick knows what to say in public, but it may not be the truth.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is a highly respected program but Bama is still the better job. Nowhere to go but down for Saban. No reason to ever leave, and I believe him.

This is the reason I believe him, not because he's Bama's coach. There is no amount of money that Texas could offer that Alabama wouldn't match. And what else is there to achieve? He's in the midst of a dynasty at ALABAMA. Not to toot Bama's horn or anything, but I think that's a name a bit more respected in the CFB world.

He doesn't even need the Texas talent, hell he rakes in the #1 class about every damn year at Alabama.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the reason I believe him, not because he's Bama's coach. There is no amount of money that Texas could offer that Alabama wouldn't match. And what else is there to achieve? He's in the midst of a dynasty at ALABAMA. Not to toot Bama's horn or anything, but I think that's a name a bit more respected in the CFB world.

He doesn't even need the Texas talent, hell he rakes in the #1 class about every damn year at Alabama.

Well, another thing is that he's still three national championships behind Bear Bryant, and Saban strikes me as a fellow who doesn't like being behind in any sort of achievement category.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what else is there to achieve?

People get bored, not saying he is but one never knows. Winning a BCS title or whatever it will be called next year at 3 different universities has it's appeal.

If he were to leave, in my mind it would be for that challenge more than anything.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pros for Texas: Major money, easy conference (compared to SEC) you play one less game at Texas a year, Obvious recruiting advantages, Saban could turn UT into a title contender in year 1.

Cons: You leave a stable powerhouse program.

Alabama cant match Texas money, but they can try, I think Texas would have to pay him an un godly amount of money to lure him away.

Dont fool yourself into believing this lie, they can match anything Texas wants to pay. Notice i said wants to pay, Texas will not pony up much over what they are paying now for a man in his 60's and looking to retire in a few years. And Alabama's ability to match any such off is easily done up to probably 10 mil per, not that anyone will pay a coach that.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the deal:

1. Saban isn't going anywhere he might end up getting more money at Alabama that is about it.
2. I hope Alabama fans take notice of how arrogant Texas fans are being and how incredibly stupid that makes them look and maybe it will help you see how you are with everyone else.
3. If Texas does not solve the AD problem fist they are making a huge mistake. The question should not be who will be the next head coach the question is how do we get the best AD in the country and let him conduct a search.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
technically, you're right. he was much more blunt and to the point

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

Saban: 'I'm not going to be the Alabama coach' - NFL - ESPN

I always love this argument. I am sure not one of you guys has ever changed your mind or made a statement that you knew to be true at the moment, but you also knew it might change. When Saban made the statement he had not agreed to a contract offer as the final offer had not been made yet. Alabama had talked with him and tried to get him, but he turned the first offer down. This was gamesmanship and he knew he would eventually end up getting what he wanted due to knowing they were serious enough to give it up. In reality if its true when you make the statement, then technically its not a lie even if you know in your heart that the conditions will change and you will end up there. Why would he out himself moving during the middle of a season and ruin he possible chances at a playoff berth, when he can tell(technically a white lie due to intent) the truth and not have to deal with his team in the locker room or on the field.

Tell you what, for any man who has never told a lie, White or not, i will accept a response, otherwise STFU.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the deal:

1. Saban isn't going anywhere he might end up getting more money at Alabama that is about it.
2. I hope Alabama fans take notice of how arrogant Texas fans are being and how incredibly stupid that makes them look and maybe it will help you see how you are with everyone else.
3. If Texas does not solve the AD problem fist they are making a huge mistake. The question should not be who will be the next head coach the question is how do we get the best AD in the country and let him conduct a search.

They cant have Battle either.:lol:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the deal:

-
Considering TExas fans almost uniformly believe Saban is not coming, I have 0 idea where your "arrogant" claim is coming.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always love this argument. I am sure not one of you guys has ever changed your mind or made a statement that you knew to be true at the moment, but you also knew it might change. When Saban made the statement he had not agreed to a contract offer as the final offer had not been made yet. Alabama had talked with him and tried to get him, but he turned the first offer down. This was gamesmanship and he knew he would eventually end up getting what he wanted due to knowing they were serious enough to give it up. In reality if its true when you make the statement, then technically its not a lie even if you know in your heart that the conditions will change and you will end up there. Why would he out himself moving during the middle of a season and ruin he possible chances at a playoff berth, when he can tell(technically a white lie due to intent) the truth and not have to deal with his team in the locker room or on the field.

Tell you what, for any man who has never told a lie, White or not, i will accept a response, otherwise STFU.

Truth is whatever he says doesnt matter. He has no choice to deny the rumor. He is 2 games into a season. Even if he was 100% certain he was leaving he has to deny. Once you understand that, you know only time will tell. I seriously doubt he leaves, but putting any credence into his words is just as bad as having blind faith in a rumor.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats funny is most of the lemming Texas fan and anti-Saban fans who are posting this are doing it to get a rise out of Alabama fans(yes i am one) but are not seeing this is being done by ESPN, YAHOO, CBS and forces behind them to oust Brown from Texas, not to get Saban at Texas. This is an attempt to sway the Regents at Texas to get rid of a man who has given them his all and i think its a sad commentary on the power the media has today to sway the direction of anything. We talk about big business and figureheads on the Politics forums that are running the country, but who has the power to elect Presidents, get coaches fired, Have a man convicted for committing a crime all at the drop of words over the internet or on a television.

Saban has spoken many months ago on this(you do realize that this took place months ago) and until I am proved wrong I believe the man. If he does leave we have his replacement on staff and I have no doubt that is who they would hire.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Considering TExas fans almost uniformly believe Saban is not coming, I have 0 idea where your "arrogant" claim is coming.
Tom and Steve Hicks would disagree. You guys really need to get a handle on your regents.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does Texas have to offer that he cant get at Alabama?

AUSTIN

Tuscaloosa

Programs don't exist in vacuums.
If this was some craphole like College Station, TX, there would be no argument.

You have to live where you work.
Austin with its no state income tax and sublime quality of life is very tempting.
Especially to Mrs. Saban who still pines for the larger town of Baton Rouge....

I have no great hatred of Tuscaloosa, but it is a tiny little town where the Saban family lives in a bubble of obsessed fans. Places like Tuscaloosa are where you cannot even go to the post office without some "tree poisoning" freak following you around.

I think it was last season where the Sabans had to turn out their lights and have their family holiday up on the top floor of their own home to get 15 minutes of family time.

Sometimes, the obsessive passionate fans of ALABAMA can be tiresome in a small flyspeck town.

AUSTIN is considered one of the best places to live in the country.
It has all the cosmopolitan benefits of a major city (airport, restaurants, museums, shopping, fine arts, fortune 500 businesses, developed mass transit....)
But, it still has the soul of a college town with 1.5 million people.

More importantly it gives Mrs. Saban what she wants. (bigger city, privacy)
And we all know who really makes decisions in family decisions.

So, to answer the question: TEXAS has Austin. That has always been its pocket aces.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is whatever he says doesnt matter. He has no choice to deny the rumor. He is 2 games into a season. Even if he was 100% certain he was leaving he has to deny. Once you understand that, you know only time will tell. I seriously doubt he leaves, but putting any credence into his words is just as bad as having blind faith in a rumor.

His comments he made were months ago when asked about the possibility, he reiterated them again when asked recently. This all took place after this past season and has just now surfaced. He has put it behind him and as of this time in history has no intentions of being the coach at Texas. They have a coach and my comments on the media should be what you should be worried about.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AUSTIN

Tuscaloosa

Programs don't exist in vacuums.
If this was some craphole like College Station, TX, there would be no argument.

You have to live where you work.
Austin with its no state income tax and sublime quality of life is very tempting.
Especially to Mrs. Saban who still pines for the larger town of Baton Rouge....

I have no great hatred of Tuscaloosa, but it is a tiny little town where the Saban family lives in a bubble of obsessed fans. Places like Tuscaloosa are where you cannot even go to the post office without some "tree poisoning" freak following you around.

I think it was last season where the Sabans had to turn out their lights and have their family holiday up on the top floor of their own home to get 15 minutes of family time.

Sometimes, the obsessive passionate fans of ALABAMA can be tiresome in a small flyspeck town.

AUSTIN is considered one of the best places to live in the country.
It has all the cosmopolitan benefits of a major city (airport, restaurants, museums, shopping, fine arts, fortune 500 businesses, developed mass transit....)
But, it still has the soul of a college town with 1.5 million people.

More importantly it gives Mrs. Saban what she wants. (bigger city, privacy)
And we all know who really makes decisions in family decisions.

So, to answer the question: TEXAS has Austin. That has always been its pocket aces.
Coda is this part of your uniform fan base?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironbreaker
Oh and Texas has Austin. I spent just over a month in Austin and just under a year in Alabama. For me that alone would be enough to take the Texas job. =)

I agree but Saban is at one place 90% of the time during most the year, the football facility. When he can get away he can go anywhere including all his lake houses. Not sure Austin's amenities are as attracting for Saban as it would be for us? :noidea:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot

I don't think he is coming to TEXAS anymore than any other Texas fan.

I simply answered the question about what Texas has that Alabama does not.

And clearly the answer is: AUSTIN vs. Tuscaloosa

That makes a big deal to many people.