• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Football comes back to this forum! (2023 CFB Preview thread)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Navy

Preview segment: The Navy Midshipmen

Last season: I'll admit it. I was STUNNED when Navy fired Ken Niumatalolo after a fine 15-year run with the Naval academy. ...But then again, in 2022 Navy lost to an FCS team and finished 4-8. That's now 3 straight years without a bowl berth for them.
And... oh yeah! There was that loss to Army, too! Now how will new coach Brian Newberry handle the job?

Good news: Coach Newberry can lean on his defense, which is loaded with experience. QB Teddy Gleaton had some good moments during spring ball...

Bad news: ...but he and the entire passing game has to be more efficient. The secondary also needs to be more effective.

Key games:
8/26 vs. Notre Dame [from Dublin, Ireland] (Something tells me that "College Gameday" will be in a foreign country for the first time ever for this game.)
9/14 @ Memphis (This may be a tough AAC opener for Navy, but luckily this may be the toughest conference game they'll have all year.)
10/21 vs. Air Force (3 straight losses to the Falcons, 3 straight seasons without a bowl game for Navy. Coincidence?)
12/9 vs. Army [in Foxborough, Mass] (By the way, that firing of Ken Niumatalolo took place in the locker room RIGHT AFTER Navy's loss to Army last year. The coaching staff and the Midshipmen will remember that in this installment.)

Bottom line: Navy football went through a lot of upheaval this offseason, and coach Newberry is tasked with keeping the team together. Happily, the conference slate is a lot nicer than in recent years and the defense looks good. Revenge against Army and getting a winning record will be the goals for Navy in 2023.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Texas

Preview segment: The North Texas Mean Green

Last season: A mixture of good and bad in 2022 for the Mean Green. The good news was, they made the C-USA title game and had a good offense. The bad news was their defense was shit, UTSA beat them in the title game, and they finished the year 7-7. Oh, and the school fired Seth Littrell once the season ended.

2023 X-factor: New head coach Eric Morris (As another school leaving C-USA to go to the American, UNT needed an infusion of energy. So in comes former Washington State offensive coordinator Eric Morris, who also coached Incarnate Word a few years ago. And as usual, we'll see what he can bring to the table in Denton.)

Good news: A stout O-line should really help out the new offense, and UNT has tremendous depth across the board. The D-line has some playmakers.

Bad news: However, the secondary leaves a LOT to be desired. We have 3 guys fighting for the starting QB job, and the kicking game really needs an upgrade.

Key games:
9/2 vs. California (This is a rare treat for North Texas, hosting a "Power 5" school. And during your season opener, too!)
10/7 @ Navy (UNT's first conference game as a member of the American conference.)
10/21 @ Tulane (Huh. This will only be the 2nd time ever that Tulane and North Texas will face each other.)
11/4 vs. UTSA (New conference, same problem for the Mean Green: How will they deal with a fired-up Roadrunners squad?)
11/10 @ SMU (Hmmm... Do any of you guys know if SMU and UNT ever faced each other in a conference game? I THINK they have, but I'm not sure...)

Bottom line: Moving to the American conference with a new coach guiding you is not ideal for North Texas. But then again, their depth is terrific. Maybe if the Mean Green finds their new starting QB quickly, they'll be super competitive in their new home right away.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama-Birmingham

Preview segment: The UAB Blazers

Last season: UAB suffered a BIG shock before the 2022 season began, as Bill Clark (the architect of their revival) left the team due to health reasons. Then Bryant Vincent stepped in as interim coach, and they were able to overcome a 3-game losing streak to have another winning season and another bowl victory. And THEN, Bryant left to go to New Mexico.
And now comes the REALLY bizarre part: Former Super Bowl winner Trent Dilfer is now coaching the Blazers. Uh, ok?!

Bad news: With all of this turmoil, it's no surprise that a lot of players left the program. In all, UAB has only 7 starters from last year coming back, with depth being a problem in some areas.

Good news: People like Fish McWilliams and Drew Tuazama will head up a talented defensive line, and QB Jacob Zeno should do well in the new offense.

Key games:
9/30 @ Tulane (A brutal part of UAB's schedule will come when they must go to Athens, Georgia... and then have their first AAC game a week later against the Green Wave... in New Orleans.)
10/14 @ UTSA (The Blazers kept it close against UTSA last year, losing by only 6 points.)
10/21 vs. Memphis (Ooooo! It's the return of the rivalry known as the "Battle of the Bones"!)
11/4 vs. Florida Atlantic (UAB will have a bye week to prepare for this.)

Bottom line: In Conference USA, UAB was able to turn themselves into a flag-bearer for the league. Now in their move to the American, things have gone from proud to bizarre at Birmingham.
You know what that means, Trent Dilfer? You need to prove yourself as a football coach. Not just to me, but to the rest of the nation. Getting UAB back to the postseason in 2023 would be a good first step.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southern Methodist

Preview segment: The SMU Mustangs

Last season: The Mustangs went 7-6, mostly because their powerful offense was often negated by their miserable defense. But then again, 4 of their losses were by a TD or fewer. Maybe if they shore up their D, they'll win the new-look AAC.

Good news: Once again, the offense should be great thanks to awesome WR's and a talented O-line... even more so if QB Preston Stone and new RB Jaylen Knighton comes through. There are no worries at special teams, either.

Bad news: ...I think I already mentioned how the defense needs to get better, right? Depth is also a problem in some key areas.

Key games:
9/23 @ TCU (Whoever made up SMU's non-conference schedule has a sick sense of humor; SMU has 2 easy home games, but also must go to Oklahoma and face TCU in Fort Worth.)
10/12 @ East Carolina (...Wait a minute. I think this will be the first time EVER that SMU will face East Carolina in football.)
11/4 @ Rice (Aww! SMU will have a tender reunion with an old rival this year.)
11/18 @ Memphis (Depending on how well Memphis is running, this may be SMU's toughest game in the AAC this year?)

Bottom line: ...Wait a moment. Did I just say that Memphis could be SMU's toughest conference game? SMU doesn't have to face Tulane? Or their new teammate UTSA?!
Wow! Now I REALLY like SMU's chances to compete in the AAC in 2023! I see the Mustangs worming their way into the AAC title game... but ONLY if they start fixing that defense of theirs.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte

Preview segment: The Charlotte 49ers

Last season: A terrible 3-9 season, with a loss to an FCS team thrown in. And so Will Healy was let go, and Biff Poggi is leading Charlotte through a rebuild in a new conference.

Good news: Coach Poggi is looking to make the 49ers offense more balanced, which would be great for them. The linebacker spot looks good with Derek Boykins and Prince Bemah still here.

Bad news: The rest of the defense, though, needs a lot of work. QB Chris Reynolds has left the building, and we don't know his replacement yet.

Key games:
9/2 vs. South Carolina State (The first game of the Biff Poggi era at Charlotte, and let's hope that Charlotte can stop THIS FCS opponent.)
9/30 @ SMU (Well, THIS is a really tough way to start off life in the American conference, going to visit SMU.)
10/14 vs. Navy (A winnable conference game for the 49ers.)
11/18 vs. Rice (Charlotte was able to beat Rice last year... by a score of 56-23.)

Bottom line: As I mentioned earlier, the 49ers are going through a rebuild right now. So don't expect much of anything from Charlotte in 2023; best to ignore them and let them try to fix things.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Florida

Preview segment: The South Florida Bulls

Last season: Some of the losses were pretty close, but 1-11 is still 1-11. And so Jeff Scott was let go, and in comes Tennessee offensive coordinator Alex Golesh.

Good news: RB Nay'Quan Wright had an impressive spring, and 9 starters return on defense.

Bad news: Those 9 starters are from the worst defense in the entire nation last year, so it has to make big strides. QB Gerry Bohanon is back, but his starting spot is anything but secure. And the WR group is quite thin.

Key games:
9/16 vs. Alabama (Well... at least USF will get to HOST the Tide here. That's... something.)
9/23 vs. Rice (USF will be the ones to welcome Rice to the American conference.)
10/14 vs. Florida Atlantic (Aww... So USF will no longer have UCF as a conference rival anymore. Maybe the Owls from Fort Lauderdale can fill in that gap for the Bulls!)
11/4 vs. Temple (Over the last 3 years, Temple has been the only FBS team that USF has been able to beat.)

Bottom line: Another team in the AAC with a new head coach. But maybe USF can be better than Temple and Charlotte this season... IF their defense gets any better.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulane

Preview segment: The Tulane Green Wave

Last season: In a world of college football... where west-coast teams can abandon their friends to play conference games against teams from 3,800 miles away. Where only the SEC can snag national championships, and-
Wait a second! What the f--k am I doing? I don't need a dramatic open for an incredible story like THIS! Just know that Tulane went from 2-10 in 2021 to a Cotton Bowl win over USC in 2022... and that they want to do it again.

Bad news: But this time, Tulane will have to do it without superhero RB Tyjae Spears. And the defense only returns 3 starters from a year ago... and none of them are linebackers Dorian Williams and Nick Anderson. Plus, the surprise factor Tulane used last year is also gone.

Good news: Look closer at the Tulane defense; it's got a good secondary and a D-line that can stand tall. And Tulane still has their superhero QB Michael Pratt! AND coach Willie Fritz has his best O-line in his entire tenure in New Orleans (double if LSU transfer Cameron Wire comes through)!

Key games:
9/2 vs. South Alabama (Tulane isn't worried about a challenger like South Alabama; they'll be ready to go. But pay attention to who Tulane uses at running-back and at linebacker...)
9/9 vs. Ole Miss (...because those new players will have to step up if Tulane wants to shock Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss.)
10/13 @ Memphis (Careful, Tulane! Memphis really wants to get back into the AAC title race at your expense.)
11/25 vs. UTSA (Oh, man. Tulane must deal with the most dangerous newcomer to the AAC on their Senior Day. And just a quick note: This game MIGHT be moved to "Black Friday" if both teams are on a major roll.)

Bottom line: UCF, Cincinnati, and Houston are now gone from the AAC. Can Tulane step in and be the new flag-bearer for the league? I mean, Michael Pratt and Willie Fritz are still here! And the conference slate is pretty good, so the Green Wave looks set to at least return to the AAC title game.
...But this is one of the rare times that Tulane is playing with expectations, and people like Nick Anderson and Tyjae Spears don't grow on trees. Let's all hope that the Green Wave and their new players keep it together.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis

Preview segment: The Memphis Tigers

Last season: A mixed bag for the Tigers. Yeah, they won a bowl game and had decent stats across the board, but they were a disappointing 3-5 in conference play. Maybe in a new-look AAC, Memphis will have better luck in 2023.

Good news: QB Seth Henigan is still here, and he is still awesome. There are no worries on the offensive line, and no worries in the secondary. DeMeer Blankumsee comes in as a new top WR, and that's good...

Bad news: ...because the top 5 receivers from last year's team are gone. And if DeMeer DOESN'T come through, the Memphis passing game could be in trouble. The front-7 of the defense must also replace a few people.

Key games:
9/23 vs. Missouri [in St. Louis] (A strange way to have a neutral-site game for both teams. But on the positive side, Memphis should be 3-0 entering this big contest.)
9/30 vs. Boise State (Here's a chance for Memphis to get some brownie points with their AAC teammates, as they'll host the Mountain West favorites.)
10/13 vs. Tulane (The Tigers will get a bye week to prepare for this battle with Tulane.)
11/18 vs. SMU (SMU got to beat Memphis in last year's Senior Day game. So it's only fair that Memphis gets to beat SMU for their Senior Day game this year.)

Bottom line: Coach Ryan Silverfield is under a bit of pressure right now; fans in Memphis are worried that the program is spinning it's wheels. And with people like Cincinnati and UCF now gone, the time is ripe for Memphis to move back up into the AAC race. And the Tigers will do just that IF their passing game doesn't collapse.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East Carolina

Preview segment: The East Carolina Pirates

Last season: Right now, the Pirates are content; they got their first bowl win in 9 years last season. So it's great that ECU is back to meaning something, and that they want to continue going up.

Bad news: The secondary needs a major upgrade, but the biggest worries are on offense. I mean, you can't lose people like Holton Ahlers and Keaton Mitchell and NOT feel it.

Good news: ECU still has some weapons left, like tight-end Shane Calhoun and proud safety Julius Wood.

Key games:
9/16 @ Appalachian State (An early tone-setter for ECU's new offense.)
10/12 vs. SMU (A great looking conference game, as ECU will face SMU for the first time in 3 years.)
10/28 @ UTSA (The AAC scheduling gods hates ECU; the Pirates will be the only team that'll face the Roadrunners...)
11/4 vs. Tulane (...and the Green Wave in consecutive weeks.)

Bottom line: Wow. For a program on the rise like ECU, I didn't really say too much about them. Well, just know that the loss of QB Holton Ahlers is gonna hurt the Pirates in 2023. But they HAVE recruited well over the last few years, so they'll be hoping to at least get back to a bowl game.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Temple

Preview segment: The Temple Owls

Last season: Well, it went as expected as Temple went 3-9 in Stan Drayton's 1st year on the job. At least things SHOULD be better in Year 2.

Good news: Quarterback EJ Warner did pretty good as a freshmen, and with 3 starters returning on the O-line expect him to get better. The defense also returns a good deal of experience.

Bad news: It's all about the lack of depth Temple has; the Owls have to be careful with keeping everyone healthy. There's also not much depth on either the D-line or at the skill positions on offense (RB and WR).

Key games:
9/9 @ Rutgers (Lindy's magazine is freaking out over Temple's September slate. One of Temple's early tasks is facing Rutgers again, but hey! The Owls only lost to them by 2 points last year.)
9/28 @ Tulsa (Then after hosting former Big East foe Miami, the Owls go to Tulsa for their AAC opener.)
10/14 @ North Texas (A school from Philly goes to Denton, Texas for a conference game. Just sounds weird.)
11/4 vs. Navy (A postseason "swing-game" for both teams.)

Bottom line: You know what? Temple's prospects don't look so bad this season! I mean, they shouldn't be planning a bowl trip or anything. But if everybody stays healthy, Temple could get at least 5 wins.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas-San Antonio

Preview segment: The UTSA Roadrunners

Last season: For the last 2 years, I have been bullish on these Roadrunners from San Antonio. And it has paid off for me handsomely! 2 years, 2 conference championships in Conference USA, and 2 years that they've had a national ranking.
And Jeff Traylor is still coaching the team? I guess he wants to do what Luke Finkell did at Cincinnati: Find a "New Year's Six" bowl, and THEN bolt for any "Power 5" job that he wants. First, though, he wants to win the AAC.

Bad news: WR Zakhari Franklin has left the building, folks. But the biggest worry is in the secondary; it can stand to force more interceptions.

Good news: Other than that, everything looks great. One more year of the brilliance of QB Frank Harris! An experienced D-line! The emergence of RB Kevorian Barnes! And... well, at least UTSA is still well stocked at receiver.

Key games:
9/2 @ Houston (I actually don't blame Houston for going to the Big 12. But a rebuilding Cougars team verses a Roadrunner squad they only clipped last year by 2 points? I see UTSA returning the favor.)
9/23 @ Tennessee (This is the ultimate test for Frank Harris and the UTSA program, as they go to Tennessee the week after the Vols face Florida. If UTSA pulls the upset, a "New Year's Six" bowl game will be a gimme.)
10/14 vs. UAB (These two teams have had great battles over the last few years.)
11/4 @ North Texas (See above game.)
11/25 @ Tulane (This could be a preview of the AAC title game. Or maybe, just maybe, UTSA could destroy Tulane's chances at a repeat here.)

Bottom line: Guess what, everybody? I'm gonna be bullish on the Roadrunners for the 3rd year in a row! I mean, the timing is absolutely perfect: It's Frank Harris' last year, and 3 of the AAC's top teams have left. If UTSA fixes some rudimentary problems on defense, they'll take the AAC title on their 1st try... and maybe see the Cotton Bowl on December 30th.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulsa

Preview segment: The Tulsa Golden Hurricane

Last season: An uneventful 5-7 season. Now Phil Montgomery is out, and former Ohio State offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson steps in.

Good news: QB Braylon Braxton was damn good as a freshmen, and he should get a lot better in Wilson's new offense. RB Jordan Ford is also a solid player, and the secondary should be good again.

Bad news: Unproven commodities on the D-line and special teams. But wide-receiver is the biggest worry; it's lacking depth and returning production.

Key games:
9/16 vs. Oklahoma (Just like USF is lucky enough to host Alabama, Tulsa will relish this chance to host in-state bully Oklahoma! It might not help them win, but it's something.)
10/28 @ SMU (Just a simple QB duel between Braylon Braxton and Preston Stone here.)
11/11 @ Tulane (Actually, the AAC slate is pretty chill for Tulsa this year. Excluding this trip to New Orleans, of course.)
11/18 vs. North Texas (This could be a bowl-decider for both teams.)

Bottom line: The Kevin Wilson hire should work out for Tulsa in the long run; he is an offensive wiz, and Tulsa always does well when they have a powerful offense. As for 2023? Something tells me they'll be sitting out bowl season again.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida Atlantic

The last preview segment for the American: The Florida Atlantic Owls

Last season: One point. One stinking point against Western Kentucky kept Florida Atlantic from a bowl game in 2022. Now the Owls are leaving WKU behind and joining the American conference to start over.

2023 X-factor: New head coach Tom Herman- Herman has spent 2 years away from the college game after Texas gave him the boot. You know, maybe Tom can resuscitate his coaching career here (like Lane Kiffin did) by tapping into the Florida talent pool.

Good news: With 9 starters returning, hopes are high for an improved defense at FAU. And they have a 1,000-yard rusher (Larry McCammon III) and great WR's at their disposal. Daniel Richardson is the favorite to replace N'Kosi Perry at quarterback...

Bad news: ...but his starting spot is anything but secured, as 3 others will compete with him during summer camp. Injuries will be a concern at defense until it proves us otherwise.

Key games:
9/9 vs. Ohio (With games at Clemson and Illinois coming up afterwards, this game could be a must-win for FAU.)
10/14 @ USF (Awww. FAU won't be able to have conference games with Central Florida. Can the Bulls fill in the gap?)
10/21 vs. UTSA (FAU gets to meet a old friend in their new conference! Did you know that UTSA has NEVER beaten Florida Atlantic?)
11/18 vs. Tulane (What a Senior Day we're gonna have in Boca Raton, as the Owls get to host Tulane.)

Bottom line: Ball's in your court, Tom Herman. You have good individual pieces on offense, and the defense has the potential to turn itself around. Maybe all you need to do is resolve the QB situation peacefully. If you do that, FAU will be the wild-card of the AAC race in 2023.

Last edited:

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
American Conference predictions

Now it's time for me to sort through this mess and give you my picks for the American conference in 2023:

1. UTSA (Conference champs, maybe "New Year's Six)
2. Tulane
3. SMU
4. Memphis
5. Florida Atlantic
6. North Texas
7. UAB
8. Rice
9. East Carolina
10. Temple
11. Tulsa
12. Navy
13. USF
14. Charlotte

Tomorrow will be my last preview on this thread. And lo and behold, it'll be all about the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame

Preview segment: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last season: Fans in South Bend were VERY antsy after the 1st half of the 2022 season; Marcus Freeman's team was so inconsistent that they can beat quality teams like BYU and North Carolina, but also blow winnable games against Marshall and Stanford.
Thank god for the 2nd half, where Notre Dame got MUCH better offensive play and won 6 of their last 7 games (including a Gator Bowl win). Now Irish fans are hoping that Freeman keeps up the good momentum he has now.

Bad news: Most of the worries for Notre Dame this year could be on defense; the secondary is low on numbers and the D-line is missing 3 standout players from years past.

Good news: Nailing Sam Hartman from the transfer portal was the biggest win Notre Dame got this offseason! With him around (and a proud O-line and RB Audric Estime) the Irish can expect an explosive offense this season.

Key games:
9/9 @ NC State (Without a doubt, this will be the first major test for Notre Dame's new defense in 2023.)
9/23 vs. Ohio State (Do I REALLY have to set this game up? I mean, we have two legendary teams going at it! ...Ok, FINE; I have a feeling this game will turn into a shootout.)
10/14 vs. USC (...Just know that Notre Dame will be chomping at the bit to get revenge on Caleb Williams and the Trojans.)
11/4 @ Clemson (For the first time since 2015, Notre Dame travels to Clemson. Oh, and Clemson will remember the Irish ruining their undefeated run last year in South Bend.)
11/18 vs. Wake Forest (Sam Hartman faces his former team. No other setup is necessary here.)

Bottom line: I'm honestly having a tough time gauging where Notre Dame will go this year. I mean, the defense is looking for an identity, but the offense could be one of the best in the country. Time for the coach (and defensive coordinator Al Golden) to flex his muscles, because if the D keeps it together Notre Dame can get back to the "New Year's Six". That is, if they can take a spot away from Clemson, Ohio State, or USC.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff and "New Year's Six" predictions

For maybe the last time on this thread, I'm typing something up. And it's the biggest one yet; my long-awaited playoff and "New Year's Six" picks. First, the top 4 and national champion:

College Football Playoff:
Sugar Bowl: Georgia over Alabama (I see Alabama somehow worming their way back into the playoff this year. But on the positive side, Georgia will be there to kick their @$$ and show Nick Saban who the NEW kingpin of the SEC is.)
Rose Bowl: Michigan over Florida State (I'll be bullish on the Seminoles this season... until they get to Pasadena and see Jim Harbaugh on the other side. Then it'll be Big Blue all the way.)
Michigan over Georgia in the championship game (That's right, folks! The 3rd time will be a charm for Michigan in the playoff; they'll find a way to stop the Georgia dynasty and get their first national title since 1997. ...I'll bet my mom will be happy about this.)

And now for the other four:

New Year's Six bowls:
Orange Bowl: Clemson vs. Ohio State (Just a fun collision here between powerhouses in Miami.)
Fiesta Bowl: LSU vs. Texas (Yes, Texas should make it's way back to a major bowl. You can rest now, Texas fans. Oh, and good luck against Brian Kelly and LSU once you get to Phoenix.)
Cotton Bowl: UTSA vs. USC (I was initially going to go with Oregon State instead of USC for this game, but I thought better of it. As for UTSA, it'll be a thrill for them to try to do what Tulane did a season ago: Pick apart that weak Trojan secondary.)
Peach Bowl: Washington vs. Penn State (Same scenario as the Orange Bowl, but swap Miami with Atlanta.)

...and I'm done! If you guys think I should have gone for Oregon State for the "New Year's Six" instead of USC, let me know. Otherwise, do whatever you want with these picks.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My playoff prediction is

Georgia
Ohio St
USC
Clemson

I’ll say Georgia beats USC and Ohio St beats Clemson in the semifinals, and then the Dawgs beat the Buckeyes in the title game. I just see Georgia as clearly the best team in CFB and damn near unstoppable right now, I think Clemson is under the radar and will run the table, I think Ohio St is immensely talented and will be hungry to beat Michigan and will do so, and I think USC wins the Pac 12 and gets a birth. There’s a good chance I’m completely wrong but that’s my prediction. Oh and I’m picking Toledo to get to the New Years Six out of the Group of 5 - if they beat Illinois in the opener, they have a good shot at going unbeaten.