• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

From Berkeley to Syracuse... (2024 ACC Preview thread)

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU has lost most of their offense from last year - QB Travis, their leading rusher and their top 3 receivers are gone, and they lost several key guys on the defensive front 7. They are replacing a lot of their team, and I’ve never been impressed by Uiagalelei. And their schedule is hard - they draw a lot of good teams out of the ACC plus ND, Florida and Memphis in their out of conference schedule. FSU will be good again but getting to double digit wins again will be a challenging task and Uiagalelei will have to step up his game.
I agree about SMU being a team to look out for, they won 11 games last year and return most of their team including all of their key offensive players.
Louisville is interesting as well, their D should be stellar but their O has some questions, QB Shough has potential but has never seemed to have a consistent year and is injury prone, and their rushing game looks subpar.
Also NCST is a team to watch out for, their offense should be improved with the addition of Grayson McCall at QB and their D looks pretty good. They are consistently solid and they have a shot at the ACC Title Game.

What's not to be impressed about with DJ? You're clearly just a bitter Gators fan if you're saying he's not impressive. He had one bad year at Clemson and followed it up with a solid year there and then a very good year at Oregon State. Good enough to get his HC a new job. You're right, they did lose their RB, their top receivers, etc. but they replaced it with a 4 star Alabama RB, a 3 star Indiana RB, a 4 star LSU receiver, a 4 star Alabama receiver, 2 4 star freshman and a 5 star sophomore. So yes they're replacing a lot, but they're replacing it with high end talent.

Their schedule isn't a cakewalk like VTech but they play their toughest opponent at home and have one tough road game (MIami isn't a tough road game, FSU fans always pack the place) and zero tough OOC games besides Notre Dame.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's not to be impressed about with DJ? You're clearly just a bitter Gators fan if you're saying he's not impressive. He had one bad year at Clemson and followed it up with a solid year there and then a very good year at Oregon State. Good enough to get his HC a new job. You're right, they did lose their RB, their top receivers, etc. but they replaced it with a 4 star Alabama RB, a 3 star Indiana RB, a 4 star LSU receiver, a 4 star Alabama receiver, 2 4 star freshman and a 5 star sophomore. So yes they're replacing a lot, but they're replacing it with high end talent.

Their schedule isn't a cakewalk like VTech but they play their toughest opponent at home and have one tough road game (MIami isn't a tough road game, FSU fans always pack the place) and zero tough OOC games besides Notre Dame.
I’m not a “bitter fan” but DJ hasn’t been that impressive - I would hardly call 2,600 yards, 21 TD’s and a 57% completion rate very good. Jonathan Smith got a new job not because of DJ, Oregon St had a better year the previous year without DJ. DJ averages right around 200 yards a game, he’s not accurate, he’s not a great runner, there’s just nothing that great about him - he might improve a lot this year but he might be more of the same, regardless he’s a drop off from Travis. And yes they reloaded in the portal and with recruiting but you never know how well the new players will gel together. Again I think FSU will be good but they won’t be as good as last year and replacing all of your offensive stars is challenging.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not a “bitter fan” but DJ hasn’t been that impressive - I would hardly call 2,600 yards, 21 TD’s and a 57% completion rate very good. Jonathan Smith got a new job not because of DJ, Oregon St had a better year the previous year without DJ. DJ averages right around 200 yards a game, he’s not accurate, he’s not a great runner, there’s just nothing that great about him - he might improve a lot this year but he might be more of the same, regardless he’s a drop off from Travis. And yes they reloaded in the portal and with recruiting but you never know how well the new players will gel together. Again I think FSU will be good but they won’t be as good as last year and replacing all of your offensive stars is challenging.

They ran the ball more than they threw it, how would you like him to get more yards? He played within the system and limited turnovers.

He's not a great runner but he's efficient when he does, 17 rushing touchdowns in 3 years of starting but I'm sure you'll just spin that to fit your clearly incorrect agenda.

Here's an bit from an article from PFF regarding transfer QBs this past offseason, "His 85.4 PFF grade in the two years since then stands 23rd among 98 qualifying Power Five signal-callers. While he still struggles with consistent accuracy, Uiagalelei’s massive arm allows him to make any throw asked of him."