• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Texas contacted Saban

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AUSTIN

Tuscaloosa

Programs don't exist in vacuums.
If this was some craphole like College Station, TX, there would be no argument.

You have to live where you work.
Austin with its no state income tax and sublime quality of life is very tempting.
Especially to Mrs. Saban who still pines for the larger town of Baton Rouge....

I have no great hatred of Tuscaloosa, but it is a tiny little town where the Saban family lives in a bubble of obsessed fans. Places like Tuscaloosa are where you cannot even go to the post office without some "tree poisoning" freak following you around.

I think it was last season where the Sabans had to turn out their lights and have their family holiday up on the top floor of their own home to get 15 minutes of family time.

Sometimes, the obsessive passionate fans of ALABAMA can be tiresome in a small flyspeck town.

AUSTIN is considered one of the best places to live in the country.
It has all the cosmopolitan benefits of a major city (airport, restaurants, museums, shopping, fine arts, fortune 500 businesses, developed mass transit....)
But, it still has the soul of a college town with 1.5 million people.

More importantly it gives Mrs. Saban what she wants. (bigger city, privacy)
And we all know who really makes decisions in family decisions.

So, to answer the question: TEXAS has Austin. That has always been its pocket aces.

See, you had me interested in your diatribe until you compared all Alabama fans to one crazed fan within the fanbase(who was from Texas by the way). At that point all i heard was Blah, Blah, Blah and heard it in an annoying voice that only a mother could love.

Want to make a point and be heard and used as food for thought, dont make racist, bigoted or ridiculous comparison comments. :lame:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot

I don't think he is coming to TEXAS anymore than any other Texas fan.

I simply answered the question about what Texas has that Alabama does not.

And clearly the answer is: AUSTIN vs. Tuscaloosa

That makes a big deal to many people.

But do you know for sure it matters to the Sabans, apparently not considering the immense bond they created before the 2009 season and the Tornadoes. They are one with the community and spent many hours volunteering during the cleanup efforts and are building houses from their charities to help with the reconstruction for less fortunate families. See i am sure you didnt know that about them or that they spend alot of time at their lakehouse in Georgia when Nick is not working. Not everyone likes a bigger city appeal

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coda is this part of your uniform fan base?
-
Not saying he is coming. That was a rumor thrown out on the radio this morning. Basically Mrs Saban would like to be in a bigger city, because Nick is an absentee husband. Make for good conversation. Media trying to give this legs. Like both of us said, I think it is more important to figure out the new AD. The reasons are twofold. #1 to begin a search and. have it done properly. #2 There is a power vacuum in Austin right now, the longer it open the more likely things will get ugly. Secondly, I would like to understand the timing of this news and the motivation behind it.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AUSTIN

Tuscaloosa

Programs don't exist in vacuums.
If this was some craphole like College Station, TX, there would be no argument.

You have to live where you work.
Austin with its no state income tax and sublime quality of life is very tempting.
Especially to Mrs. Saban who still pines for the larger town of Baton Rouge....

I have no great hatred of Tuscaloosa, but it is a tiny little town where the Saban family lives in a bubble of obsessed fans. Places like Tuscaloosa are where you cannot even go to the post office without some "tree poisoning" freak following you around. Are you a satire writer in your spare time?

I think it was last season where the Sabans had to turn out their lights and have their family holiday up on the top floor of their own home to get 15 minutes of family time.

Sometimes, the obsessive passionate fans of ALABAMA can be tiresome in a small flyspeck town. I can't stop laughing! You read 4 or 5 stories trying to stir things up and this becomes your reality of Tuscaloosa. What a joke! :laugh3:

AUSTIN is considered one of the best places to live in the country.
It has all the cosmopolitan benefits of a major city (airport, restaurants, museums, shopping, fine arts, fortune 500 businesses, developed mass transit....)
But, it still has the soul of a college town with 1.5 million people. 45 minutes from Birmingham(Intl Airport) 2 1/2 hours from Atlanta (3o minutes on a jet), Nashville, Beaches, Lakes, and I promise the landscape is much prettier than Texas!

More importantly it gives Mrs. Saban what she wants. (bigger city, privacy) Interesting! When did she tell you this?
And we all know who really makes decisions in family decisions.

So, to answer the question: TEXAS has Austin. That has always been its pocket aces.

Do you believe your crap? Where do you get this stuff. And this is coming from someone who knows the gated upscale community Saban lives in which is out toward North River Yacht Club, which is where he plays a ton of golf undisturbed. You're clueless! You're problem is you THINK you know how all the fans treat Saban but you, as previously stated, are clueless!

I've been to Austin and a great place but you have no idea about his quality of life in Tuscaloosa.

By the way I didn't realize you were so close to the Sabans because you just wrote 3 or 4 things that they must have told you. If you read it, links please.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot

I don't think he is coming to TEXAS anymore than any other Texas fan.

I simply answered the question about what Texas has that Alabama does not.

And clearly the answer is: AUSTIN vs. Tuscaloosa

That makes a big deal to many people.

Here's where you ego comes in. Yes, you are right but some would choose Tuscaloosa and some would choose Austin. Most people have different priorities.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is awesome. Do you go to church and eat a Saban wafer?

Love the biblical reference but it falls on deaf ears because I made a serious comment and you come off as ridiculous. I have met the man on more than one occasion and i saw the hurt in his eyes when he was doing the cleanup operations. Events like that can meld a person to a community and if you cant see that, you obviously have never had a life changing event like that.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i have figured this out, this is a ploy by the media to get the Texas fans back involved again. They knew that after getting Blown Up and run over by BYU and then embarrassed by Ole Miss on their own field they might not show back up again. This is the Medias ploy to draw the Texas fans back into the conversation. I understand now.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban did go, I'd be among those thanking him for some great football leadership at Alabama, then looking to see who Bama hired to replace him.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i have figured this out, this is a ploy by the media to get the Texas fans back involved again. They knew that after getting Blown Up and run over by BYU and then embarrassed by Ole Miss on their own field they might not show back up again. This is the Medias ploy to draw the Texas fans back into the conversation. I understand now.

-

This story wad reported by Inside Texas months ago. Most blew it off, so it is not new here. Someone is either trying to discredit someone, make a power play, or put more pressure on Mack. Wish I knew

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban did go, I'd be among those thanking him for some great football leadership at Alabama, then looking to see who Bama hired to replace him.

But you and I both know that we will never convince rabid fans of other teams of this feeling. They dont see that we appreciate him returning our team to prominence and(while we would be sad at his leaving) we would thank him and look to Kirby for the answers to how to keep on sailing along smoothly.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack just needs to figure out what kind of identity he wants his damn team to have and build toward it and stick with it!!! They have no clue who they are!

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Not saying he is coming. That was a rumor thrown out on the radio this morning. Basically Mrs Saban would like to be in a bigger city, because Nick is an absentee husband. Make for good conversation. Media trying to give this legs. Like both of us said, I think it is more important to figure out the new AD. The reasons are twofold. #1 to begin a search and. have it done properly. #2 There is a power vacuum in Austin right now, the longer it open the more likely things will get ugly. Secondly, I would like to understand the timing of this news and the motivation behind it.
Horn's comment was arrogant if he believed Saban was coming or not it is obvious he thinks Austin and Texas are better than the entire state of Alabama and UA. Its one thing to list the postivies of your own situation its very arrogant to trash someone elses.

I'm pretty familiar with people that act this way since Alabama fans do it all the time (and they don't see anything wrong with it either). I guess you two were destined to butt heads and a match made out of disfunction. But don't kid yourself it is pure and simple arrogance.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

This story wad reported by Inside Texas months ago. Most blew it off, so it is not new here. Someone is either trying to discredit someone, make a power play, or put more pressure on Mack. Wish I knew

You said it in two ways, they are making a power play and trying to ouster Mack from the coaching spot. If i was Saban I would feel two things. I would feel honored that Texas had even mentioned his name in contention as it is a fine school with lots to offer. I would also feel extreme disgust that someone within the BoR is so underhanded that they would go to these lenghths to get a coach to retire or be asked to leave. If it was me i certainly would not want to work for that organization because its apparent their are problems that need to be addressed within its structure and hierarchy and thats not a stable environment to be trying to start over at this time.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horn's comment was arrogant if he believed Saban was coming or not it is obvious he thinks Austin and Texas are better than the entire state of Alabama and UA. Its one thing to list the postivies of your own situation its very arrogant to trash someone elses.

I'm pretty familiar with people that act this way since most college football fans do it all the time (and they don't see anything wrong with it either). I guess you two were destined to butt heads and a match made out of disfunction. But don't kid yourself it is pure and simple arrogance.

FIFY

This is not exclusive to Alabama or Texas

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY

This is not exclusive to Alabama or Texas
No but you two are very exceptional at being assholes.

The rest of college football approves this message.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ever talked with a USC fan, tOSU fan, Michigan fan? its not exclusive to the fanbases you mentioned. Hell I remember a time in the past when 7 in a row was a motto and arrogance seethed from your fanbase, but alas we have a more humble version now until they rise up and make some waves again. First chance coming up Saturday, got a boat big enough to make a wave?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-
People are entitled to opinions. Many people would agree that Austin is a nicer place than Tuscaloosa. Some would object. If people with strong opinions bother you, than internet is probably is probably not a good place for you to hang out. Live and let live.