• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Texas contacted Saban

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's stupid because the teams are usually mismatched when they play in odd amounts of years. Where as teams that play each other every year, or even every few years have a real history of up and down times.

As the other person pointed out with the Texas vs Vandy record, does it really mean anything that Vandy has beat Texas way more times? Or, is it just a sign of the times they played in terms of Texas not being their normal selves at that time?

I'm guessing you don't know when Texas and Vandy last played. It was 1928. Vanderbilt was considered a football power back then.

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you don't know when Texas and Vandy last played. It was 1928. Vanderbilt was con

That makes what I said even more meaningful. All time records between teams that don't play each other on a regular basis are dumb.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate Texas fans because they're arrogant. Some Alabama posters have their heads so far shoved up their ass its a joke. Sure Saban will probably stay at Alabama, but Texas coming over with a nice offer could potentially lure Saban away. That's that, that's it. Texas has Alabama beat in Location, Recruiting, Schedule, Money. It would be easier to coach at Texas than it would Alabama, the lifestyle would be better as well. Any Alabama fan arguing that Alabama is just as good of Location/Recruiting/or can offer Saban the money is just stupid and arrogant to the point they'll cry if Saban leaves the program. What is keeping Saban at Alabama is what HE BUILT, he currently is fielding a dynasty and coaches the best team in the nation. When Saban leaves Alabama, they will be able to recruit for a little bit but it'll drop off. Alabama's recruiting success is a direct correlation to the success on the football field. There is nothing desirable in Alabama, the state sucks I am sorry. It's much like Nebraska, our recruiting for what it's worth is strictly because tradition and success on the field. Nobody wants to live in fucking Nebraska, there's nothing here. So Alabama waving recruiting/location/money in comparison to Texas, give me a break and step off your high horse. Alabama is a nice coaching job because of Tradition and its current success. Nothing more.

If anyone thinks money is the issue here, they are delusional. Could Texas techically pay more? Sure. Are they going to pay more than Alabama could? Hell no. Anything that Texas would try to pay, Alabama would match. Notice the wording - WOULD, not COULD, but WOULD.

Either way, this topic is dumb because as I pointed out on the 1st page, the timing of this story coming out shows that it has nothing to do with Saban really, it's all about putting pressure on Mack Brown after their last 2 losses. Hell, it wasn't even really "Texas" that contacted Saban, and it wasn't Saban they contacted, it was his agent. Agent says, make an offer, because that is his job.

Same guy puts the story out there now for reasons other than getting Saban. Otherwise, if they really want Saban, they pretty much just screwed up by talking about it in September and trying to creating a distraction.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the check has enough zeros loyalty becomes less important. And I think with every Texas loss another zero can be added!

So in this case Saban can expect to make about 100 million per year to coach at texas then because we know there is atleast 1 more loss right now and it would probably take 8-10 mil per year right now to get him.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate Texas fans because they're arrogant. Some Alabama posters have their heads so far shoved up their ass its a joke. Sure Saban will probably stay at Alabama, but Texas coming over with a nice offer could potentially lure Saban away. No one has said it couldnt happen that i know of

That's that, that's it. Texas has Alabama beat in Location, Recruiting, Schedule, Money. If so why do they not have more titles all time, if its so easy to win there

It would be easier to coach at Texas than it would Alabama, the lifestyle would be better as well.
Depends on the persons wants out of life and if they like country feel versus city appeal, so this is pure opinion based garbage

Any Alabama fan arguing that Alabama is just as good of Location/Recruiting/or can offer Saban the money is just stupid and arrogant to the point they'll cry if Saban leaves the program.
5 number 1 classes in a row says different and as far as money, what do you think they would offer? he makes almost 6 mil per now and Bama could match up to 10 probably pretty easily if Texas is even stupid enough to offer that. And just so you know, i wont cry when he leaves(I did that once for the man who made Alabama a household name in college football) I will simply thank him for his time and move on to the next great coach we will hire.

What is keeping Saban at Alabama is what HE BUILT, he currently is fielding a dynasty and coaches the best team in the nation. When Saban leaves Alabama, they will be able to recruit for a little bit but it'll drop off. Alabama's recruiting success is a direct correlation to the success on the football field. There is nothing desirable in Alabama, the state sucks I am sorry. It's much like Nebraska, our recruiting for what it's worth is strictly because tradition and success on the field. Nobody wants to live in fucking Nebraska, there's nothing here. So Alabama waving recruiting/location/money in comparison to Texas, give me a break and step off your high horse. Alabama is a nice coaching job because of Tradition and its current success. Nothing more.

And i can go with some of what you said in the last part as it is mostly true, but recruits will come if they are recruited by Alabama as long as they have a coach who gets them wins. For the most part of our history we have had this, so its not likely to change overnight and Alabama become like Auburn and have a good season once in a blue moon.

In the end this is not about Saban leaving, but Mack being forced out and I imagine that Saban does not want any part of that mess in Austin, seems like the hiearchy of that school has infighting and thats not a hospitable environment for a new coach to enter and get concessions he needs to make a winning team possible.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, from all the discussions I have had with Texas Longhorn fans on this board, no one from Texas ever contacts anyone. People ONLY contact Texas but Texas is always innocent of anything.

Nick Saban probably called Texas and begged for the job. Deloss told him would think about it. Deloss likes to play hard to get. Not to mention, Alabama is not Notre Dame. Deloss only likes to get into bed with Notre Dame.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, from all the discussions I have had with Texas Longhorn fans on this board, no one from Texas ever contacts anyone. People ONLY contact Texas but Texas is always innocent of anything.

Nick Saban probably called Texas and begged for the job. Deloss told him would think about it. Deloss likes to play hard to get. Not to mention, Alabama is not Notre Dame. Deloss only likes to get into bed with Notre Dame.

There's butthurt and then there's Nebraska butthurt.

filupsun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only way the man leaves is to retire or back to the nfl. dont see him retiring for at least 3-5 more years but, could see him jumping ship back to the nfl. Not sure but even if penalties did come from the ncaa on bama would saban be on "probation" in the college ranks.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, No way bama can compete with Texas in recruits. Another good reason for Saban leaving is that he heard the saying "everthing is bigger in Texas" and hopes he'll get taller.
:lol:

Ok, that one is where I check out!!!:yahoo:

Well done!

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asshole to who, you? who fucking cares, who died and made you the internet police to clean up arrogance. I am who I am and i have what i have due to being a bit arrogant and cocky, do you want me to apologize for that. Good luck with getting me to ever apologize to the likes of you and your internet holier than thou attitude. If you ask me, to expect everyone to bow to your opinions and wishes(like you seem to want) shows alot of arrogance too. Good luck with your ass whipping this weekend.
1. What is my like just so know?
2. Apologizing and admitting when one is wrong is a sign of class and something that should never avoided. For example I did go a little low on the son part so for that I will apologize however if he talks crap it might be because he learned it at home.
3. As for the ass whipping the odds are in favor of that but Auburn will be back so no worries. My biggest concern is the dead beat AD we have and lame duck president (note atheletics do not factor in to this accessment it is an academic issue for me) but time will eventually run out on both.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L