• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Texas contacted Saban

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. What is my like just so know?
2. Apologizing and admitting when one is wrong is a sign of class and something that should never avoided. For example I did go a little low on the son part so for that I will apologize however if he talks crap it might be because he learned it at home.
3. As for the ass whipping the odds are in favor of that but Auburn will be back so no worries. My biggest concern is the dead beat AD we have and lame duck president (note atheletics do not factor in to this accessment it is an academic issue for me) but time will eventually run out on both.

No apology necessary, he did learn it at home as i did from my father. We are all SEC sports fanatics and my son (being 20 year military material) will never graduate from Florida, but I am an alum Of Alabama, and My father is a Georgia bulldawg(cant spell it the other way, he has a spastic fit LOL) alum. Its the same rivalry between us that is shown on these boards most times, but its done in fun and at the end of the day, he is still my son and i love him unconditionally(even with him being a Gator fan) much the same as my father claims he loves me even though i am from a higher class of football than he is used to.

We both said things we needed to apologize for, so i too will extend the olive branch... until November, when i am sure we will go toe to toe for a few weeks leading up to another whipping at the hands of Bama:lol:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care what Saban says right now. He clearly said the right thing, whether it is true or not. If he does go to Texas, I am not going to look back and say, "In September, he said..." If he said he was thinking about it, it would be dumb.

There is basically a season to be played. Mack Brown still is the head coach of Texas and Saban still is the head coach of Alabama. That means both have teams looking to them for motivation.

If the Bama year is over and MB gets fired and Saban takes it. I won't he was unloyal unless in January he says he is not interested and the next day he takes the job. What coach would say they are interested at this point of the season, especially if the team has a HC?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in this case Saban can expect to make about 100 million per year to coach at texas then because we know there is atleast 1 more loss right now and it would probably take 8-10 mil per year right now to get him.

And Saban has never left for greener pastures?

As a UofM fan I can't think their is a school or alumni group that would pony up more cash for a coach than Texas. And if you think some astronomical offer couldn't be made I would say history isn't on your side. But thats my opinion.

Actually I would think Jim Tressel would be a good fit.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next HC at Texas will be squeaky clean(coaches who have received NCAA punishments need not apply) and he will be southerner.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Saban has never left for greener pastures?

As a UofM fan I can't think their is a school or alumni group that would pony up more cash for a coach than Texas. And if you think some astronomical offer couldn't be made I would say history isn't on your side. But thats my opinion.

Actually I would think Jim Tressel would be a good fit.

This has to do with your comment on each loss adding another 0 to the offer. My statement stands that we can all agree they have atleast 1 more loss on their schedule and currently the offer would be around 8-10 million per season to get him to leave(if Bama doesnt counter offer the same amount, and they could). Now given my original statement still stands and the offer with another 0 added would be close to 100 million dollars, what part of that do you disagree with? Please feel free to respond with I agree or "another 0 would not be added with each loss" anything else is you trying to weasel out of your original statement.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say he bolts for Texas. Upside everywhere: Culture, Arts, Money, Prestige, Talent.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize Saban was having problems attracting top talent!!

Me either, God i hope we get a top ranked class soon, the cupboards are almost bare of talent on this team.

I am still curious of one thing though, if Texas has the best talent and the most talent and can recruit that talent to come to Texas, why has Mack only won one title at Texas?

Does this mean that Saban can do more with less and is a way better coach?

Does it mean that Saban could possibly never lose a game if he went to Texas, seeing as the talent pool is so rich and it never leaves the state.

Makes me wonder why more great coaches dont want to go to Texas and coach at one of the schools there.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either, God i hope we get a top ranked class soon, the cupboards are almost bare of talent on this team.

I am still curious of one thing though, if Texas has the best talent and the most talent and can recruit that talent to come to Texas, why has Mack only won one title at Texas?

Does this mean that Saban can do more with less and is a way better coach?

Does it mean that Saban could possibly never lose a game if he went to Texas, seeing as the talent pool is so rich and it never leaves the state.

Makes me wonder why more great coaches dont want to go to Texas and coach at one of the schools there.

You're overthinking this pretty badly.

Mack Brown has had his coaching staff raided more than damn near any other coach in the nation. He does not coach - he manages.

Player development has been an issue for YEARS now, and part of that is inconsistency in messages to players. Texas in the last 10 years has gone through over 15 assistant coaches including 3 OCs and 6 DCs.

Texas is a stepping stone for assistant coaches - if you do well here, you get HC jobs. Hell even Manny Diaz got called for an interview last summer!

LSU

T-Shirt fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing how Texas could have Saban if they wanted him cause they have so much money they can get whoever they want. If results mean anything Saban is the best coach currently in the game. That being said Texas SHOULD want him. Now that we can all agree Texas should/does want Saban they have to actively go take him from bama. All I keep hearing is quality of life and money. Lets see the money. Lets see if Texas is really packin what they say they are packin.

No way he leaves Alabama. Bama, ND, USC, OU are not the kind of schools people leave when things are going well unless its to try out the pros. Saban already proved he isnt the right kind of coach for the pros.Dude will retire from bama and will be just as revered by the young fans of today as the bear is by us old farts.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're overthinking this pretty badly.

Mack Brown has had his coaching staff raided more than damn near any other coach in the nation. He does not coach - he manages.

Player development has been an issue for YEARS now, and part of that is inconsistency in messages to players. Texas in the last 10 years has gone through over 15 assistant coaches including 3 OCs and 6 DCs.

Texas is a stepping stone for assistant coaches - if you do well here, you get HC jobs. Hell even Manny Diaz got called for an interview last summer!

Not sure how i overthought this then.

Saban has the same problems at Alabama with Assistant attrition. He constantly has to look for a new OC or linebackers coach, or O-line coach...etc. So this is not unique at Texas.

My point was so many people keep saying all the great and wonderful things about the State and its bevy of top talent and how Saban would be lucky to coach in such a talent rich environment. He would enjoy the Culture and the fine foods and being able to walk around the state without being pestered by (let me get this right now, Tree poisoning fans).

Whats is funny is they fail to see that he has had 5 number 1 recruiting classes in a row at that little old University in the south that doesnt have any talent pools of its own to pull from(sarcasm). They also dont see he is pulling talent from all over the country, not just his recruiting base in the state.

I see that Texas people think that state is the shit when it comes to talent, but there is a difference in getting the talent and doing something with it once you have it, this is where Saban excels. Now if he can do it at Alabama, can tolerate those backwards ass rednecks that teabag people and kill trees and can live with being worshiped as the second best college football coach to ever coach at Alabama, then why would he want to leave Alabama to start over with a team in turmoil and a Board of Regents who cannot agree on shit.

Now, does this seem like I am overthinking this, or did i hit the nail on the head here.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saban has the same problems at Alabama with Assistant attrition. He constantly has to look for a new OC or linebackers coach, or O-line coach...etc. So this is not unique at Texas.

My point was so many people keep saying all the great and wonderful things about the State and its bevy of top talent and how Saban would be lucky to coach in such a talent rich environment. He would enjoy the Culture and the fine foods and being able to walk around the state without being pestered by (let me get this right now, Tree poisoning fans).

Whats is funny is they fail to see that he has had 5 number 1 recruiting classes in a row at that little old University in the south that doesnt have any talent pools of its own to pull from(sarcasm). They also dont see he is pulling talent from all over the country, not just his recruiting base in the state.

I see that Texas people think that state is the shit when it comes to talent, but there is a difference in getting the talent and doing something with it once you have it, this is where Saban excels. Now if he can do it at Alabama, can tolerate those backwards ass rednecks that teabag people and kill trees and can live with being worshiped as the second best college football coach to ever coach at Alabama, then why would he want to leave Alabama to start over with a team in turmoil and a Board of Regents who cannot agree on shit.

Now, does this seem like I am overthinking this, or did i hit the nail on the head here.
-

No shit. Of course there is difference between recruiting the talent and developing it. That is the reason why Texas fans want a new coach.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey i heard Saban might go to Texas... I think he might.

:evil:

Austin is way better quality of life plus Texas can outbid anyone.

:couch2:

Tuscalooser is just a hillbilly town anyway. Plus Saban's wife wants to move to texas.

Saban obviously wants to take a 3rd team to the NATTY rather than continue the dynasty.

Yea and why get another Natty for Bama, Texas is such a superior football program with all their tradition.

Top HS talent in Texas is reason enough for him to take the job.

I agree, No way bama can compete with Texas in recruits. Another good reason for Saban leaving is that he heard the saying "everthing is bigger in Texas" and hopes he'll get taller.

:lol:

Ok, that one is where I check out!!!:yahoo:

Well done!

I didn't realize Saban was having problems attracting top talent!!

:L

TF12!!

I see you completely whiffed on the sarcasm of our convo...:wtf2:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you are stating exactly what I just did.

Mack is not a developer of talent, he's a CEO type coach. He does not deal with Xs and Os, he recruits, and lets his coordinators do their jobs.

Problem is he has made some bad choices for assistants, and he's lost more assistants than Saban - quite a few more. I can't even NAME the last DC in Austin that was here more than 3 years.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are stating exactly what I just did.

Mack is not a developer of talent, he's a CEO type coach. He does not deal with Xs and Os, he recruits, and lets his coordinators do their jobs.

Problem is he has made some bad choices for assistants, and he's lost more assistants than Saban - quite a few more. I can't even NAME the last DC in Austin that was here more than 3 years.

Excuses.

Excuses.

Excuses.

OU has lost more coordinators than most, yet BIG GAME BOB still manages to win an average 10.64 games a season.

This is like whining because your team has injuries.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD, WE HEAR FROM YOU AND YOUR BURNT ORANGE OOMPA LOOMPAS AD NAUSEUM ABOUT HOW GREAT TEXAS IS AND HOW YOU GET THE PICK FROM THE GREATEST RECRUITING HOTBED EVER. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR YOUR CURRENT SITUATION. TEXAS HAS THE MOST MONEY, THE BEST RECRUITING, THE MOST AND FATTEST POCKETED BOOSTERS, ETC. ETC. ETC. NO EXCUSES. YOU JUST FLAT OUT SUCK ASS. IF IT'S ONE THING, IT'S ALL THINGS. YOUR PLAYERS SUCK, YOUR COACHES SUCK, YOUR RECRUITING SUCKS, YOUR FANS SUCK, YOUR TEAM COLORS SUCK, YOUR CHEERLEADERS SUCK, YOUR MASCOT SUCKS, YOUR STADIUM SUCKS, YOUR PARKING LOT SUCKS, YOUR SCHOOL SUCKS, AND YOU...YOU MOST OF ALL, YOU SUCK. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

But I could be somewhat prejudiced.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't surprise me to see Saban pick up and move again. I would have guessed USC though.