• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Texas contacted Saban

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About damn time Bama FINALLY beat their daddy (1-7-1)!!!!!

All time records against teams you don't play on a regular basis are stupid.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.....BUT....Texas is 3-8 vs Vandy...LOL 2 being Vandy's bitch. Vandy shut them out 5 times in the series!

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Saban make like 5.3 million at Alabama? Texas would have to offer Saban 6-7 million and some nice signing bonus. Either way, they have the $ so I mean throw it all out there I guess and see if Saban takes it. As for Saban saying he doesn't want to start over or he is too old, it's Texas...they'll funnel money into the program and easily be #1 recruiting team in the Nation because of location and Saban's prestige that he'll bring with him. Texas would be competing for NC's their second year if Saban jumped ship.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban responded: "That's his job. That's what I pay him for. Nothing went on that I know of. They have a coach there. Every year it's something. Last year it was the Cleveland Browns. We love Tuscaloosa. We love the University of Alabama. Quite frankly, I'm too damn old to be starting over."

that settles it. he's going to texas

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama fans don't want to admit it, but they know Saban would go if a place paid him enough, I've heard this before from Saban that "I don't know anything about this and im not going anywhere." Then you find him in the NFL the following year, or you find him in Alabama.

However, I don't think he does leave, Alabama will match Texas offer as best they can, Saban will realize he doesn't want to go and have to do the same thing again at Texas.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Texas really wants him they could get him. Lets be honest coaching has been like musical chairs for Saban. If the right situation comes along I have no faith in Sabans loyalty to any university or franchise.

...and Texas could make it the right situation if they wanted.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pros for Texas: Major money, easy conference (compared to SEC) you play one less game at Texas a year, Obvious recruiting advantages, Saban could turn UT into a title contender in year 1.

Cons: You leave a stable powerhouse program.

Alabama cant match Texas money, but they can try, I think Texas would have to pay him an un godly amount of money to lure him away.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pros for Texas: Major money, easy conference (compared to SEC) you play one less game at Texas a year, Obvious recruiting advantages, Saban could turn UT into a title contender in year 1.

Alabama cant match Texas money, but they can try, I think Texas would have to pay him an un godly amount of money to lure him away.

Unless Texas did something really stupid and offered him something like 10 mill a year Alabama would match them. After that they wouldn't think it's worth it. Money is not the issues. A coach is only worth so much, no matter who it is, and Bama can pay that amount.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Texas really wants him they could get him. Lets be honest coaching has been like musical chairs for Saban. If the right situation comes along I have no faith in Sabans loyalty to any university or franchise.

Whats the average tenure for coaches? This is Sabans 7th year at Alabama. Everyone of Saban's moves were upward. Why hold that against him.
Lets not even get into the Dolphins job. He tried it didn't like it came back. There is a huge argument what direction he would be going if he took Texas job. All that money, all those recruits and yet ONE national championship in 40 years. Wow!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Recruiting advantages? You say that about recruiting but who has had the #1 class the past 5 years? Doesn't matter where they come from. They are going to Alabama.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stupid when they don't work in your favor or fit your argument. Tossed aroud like the law of the land when they do. When it comes to two schools playing in recorded games prior to the declaration of the 40th State in the Nation and the record is 1-7, it matters to one side of the argument for sure.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the average tenure for coaches? This is Sabans 7th year at Alabama. Everyone of Saban's moves were upward. Why hold that against him.
Lets not even get into the Dolphins job. He tried it didn't like it came back. There is a huge argument what direction he would be going if he took Texas job. All that money, all those recruits and yet ONE national championship in 40 years. Wow!

Not holding it against him really. Its just a fact.

Theres not many moves he could make at this pt that would be upwards, Texas if done right could be one of them, if not the only one.

Texas has everything BAMA has other than BCS titles (and Saban lol). The argument can easily be made that BAMA has those mainly because of Saban.

You BAMA fans are probably right and have nothing to worry about. I just would not be at all surprised if he did leave for Texas.

Oh and Texas has Austin. I spent just over a month in Austin and just under a year in Alabama. For me that alone would be enough to take the Texas job. =)

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

I agree, same thing for Jim Harbaugh...I mean, the guy left San Diego out to dry, then he left Stanford hanging....How long before this asshole ditches the 49ers?

And what about Brian Kelly...dude said fuck Central Michigan because he wanted to coach at Cincinnati, only to turn around and ditch the Bearcats for Notre Dame...how long before he ditches the Irish to try his hand in the NFL?

You said it man, fucking musical chairs bro!