• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so much for seabrook

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
5 yrs, 5.8 per.

I think it's a very good signing for chicago. They now have seabrook, Keith, Campbell, and Hjalmarsson locked up forever to go along with hossa, kane, toews, and Bolland (and sharp for another year too). They dont have a whole lot of space left to put toward goaltending, a 3rd line, or the like, but their SC core is intact for a while.

Also, They had 5 picks in the first 2 rounds last year and have 4 picks this year in the first two rounds again. That is gunna be a whole lot of solid prospects in their system. If they draft well and sign responsibly, the hawks could be a devastating team for the next 5 to 8 years. It's not common that you win a cup and still have so many high draft choices. Well played by them...

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 yrs, 5.8 per.

I think it's a very good signing for chicago. They now have seabrook, Keith, Campbell, and Hjalmarsson locked up forever to go along with hossa, kane, toews, and Bolland (and sharp for another year too). They dont have a whole lot of space left to put toward goaltending, a 3rd line, or the like, but their SC core is intact for a while.

Also, They had 5 picks in the first 2 rounds last year and have 4 picks this year in the first two rounds again. That is gunna be a whole lot of solid prospects in their system. If they draft well and sign responsibly, the hawks could be a devastating team for the next 5 to 8 years. It's not common that you win a cup and still have so many high draft choices. Well played by them...

I hope you are right, at the same time its not often that a stanley cup winner has to trade away half their roster.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I call a over payment.

Ohwell Hawks won't even make the playoffs this year.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My friend txtd me today that Chi has $49mil tied up in 9 playersfor next season... Looks like theres gonna be another overhaul to get under the cap again this off season... They need to get rid of Hossa & Campbell and they be fine... Props to Dwil for screwin them with Hjals cap hit...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 yrs, 5.8 per.

Your post is a double entendre Rules. :)

I like Seabrook a lot, but he's not worth that contract. Chicago is on the fringe of making the playoffs so all of their "core" is locked up that may or may not make the playoffs this year. They have to get rid of one of Hossa or Campbell just to make sure that the rest of their lineup isn't AHL material.

Think about it, Shea Weber will probably get around $6.5mil I'm guessing and he has half the supporting cast that Seabrook has. Granted, Weber's linemate is Suter.....but as good as Suter is, he's no Duncan Keith.

And this is coming from a huge Seabrook fan. I just don't think he deserves a penny over $5mil per season.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your post is a double entendre Rules. :)

I like Seabrook a lot, but he's not worth that contract. Chicago is on the fringe of making the playoffs so all of their "core" is locked up that may or may not make the playoffs this year. They have to get rid of one of Hossa or Campbell just to make sure that the rest of their lineup isn't AHL material.

Think about it, Shea Weber will probably get around $6.5mil I'm guessing and he has half the supporting cast that Seabrook has. Granted, Weber's linemate is Suter.....but as good as Suter is, he's no Duncan Keith.

And this is coming from a huge Seabrook fan. I just don't think he deserves a penny over $5mil per season.

Yeah, Chicago's core is very good, no doubt at all about that, but the reason Chicago was able to win it all last year is because of the depth and role players that they had. Every player contributed to Chicago's Cup run. The core of Chicago can't do it all, as evidenced by them being on the fringe of a playoff spot.

$5.8M is way too much for Seabrook. Good player, but that's getting up there toward elite type defenseman salary, and Seabrook is not worth it IMO.