• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Oakland For Three Games September 24-26

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bleacher Report has ranked the Rangers farm system 10th. Here is their top 10 and an explanation about their tier system.

Top 10 Prospects

1. RHP Kumar Rocker (Tier 1)
2. SS Sebastian Walcott (Tier 1)
3. RHP Emiliano Teodo (Tier 1)
4. RHP Alejandro Rosario (Tier 1)
5. RHP Winston Santos (Tier 2)
6. C Malcolm Moore (Tier 2)
7. IF Justin Foscue (Tier 2)
8. RHP Jack Leiter (Tier 3)
9. 3B Gleider Figuereo (Tier 3)
10. OF Alejandro Osuna (Tier 3)

A tier system was used to help differentiate the varying levels of individual talent:
  • Tier 1: Prospects who have elite skill sets and All-Star potential. This is the cream of the prospect crop. These players make up B/R's Top 100 prospect list heading into the offseason.
  • Tier 2: Prospects who have a good chance of becoming impact contributors. These are the players who were in consideration for spots on B/R's Top 100 prospect list and could end up there in the future.
  • Tier 3: Prospects who profile as fringe MLB contributors or young players who are still too raw to project any higher. This tier represents the bulk of prospects around baseball, though more than a few could climb to the next tier.
Teams were ranked based on the cumulative tier ranking total of their top 10 prospects, and the rankings were then subjectively tweaked from there.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocker still hasn't touched 97 mph yet, through 3 innings.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they give Rocker the chance to go at least 5 innings, even if it takes around 90 pitches to get there.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Bleacher Report has ranked the Rangers farm system 10th. Here is their top 10 and an explanation about their tier system.

Top 10 Prospects

1. RHP Kumar Rocker (Tier 1)
2. SS Sebastian Walcott (Tier 1)
3. RHP Emiliano Teodo (Tier 1)
4. RHP Alejandro Rosario (Tier 1)
5. RHP Winston Santos (Tier 2)
6. C Malcolm Moore (Tier 2)
7. IF Justin Foscue (Tier 2)
8. RHP Jack Leiter (Tier 3)
9. 3B Gleider Figuereo (Tier 3)
10. OF Alejandro Osuna (Tier 3)

A tier system was used to help differentiate the varying levels of individual talent:
  • Tier 1: Prospects who have elite skill sets and All-Star potential. This is the cream of the prospect crop. These players make up B/R's Top 100 prospect list heading into the offseason.
  • Tier 2: Prospects who have a good chance of becoming impact contributors. These are the players who were in consideration for spots on B/R's Top 100 prospect list and could end up there in the future.
  • Tier 3: Prospects who profile as fringe MLB contributors or young players who are still too raw to project any higher. This tier represents the bulk of prospects around baseball, though more than a few could climb to the next tier.
Teams were ranked based on the cumulative tier ranking total of their top 10 prospects, and the rankings were then subjectively tweaked from there.
Leiter should be tier 2. He’s still a little raw though.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Watch out for fans on the field in the 9th or end of game. It may get crazy.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocker has been good overall. He has some improvements to make, but he is already ahead of where I thought he would be at this point.

I would imagine the front office will have a spot in the rotation for him or another young pitcher in next year's rotation. Only one of those though. I am not sure if they go after a starter or another swing guy to compete with Gray for a rotation spot.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocker has been good overall. He has some improvements to make, but he is already ahead of where I thought he would be at this point.

I would imagine the front office will have a spot in the rotation for him or another young pitcher in next year's rotation. Only one of those though. I am not sure if they go after a starter or another swing guy to compete with Gray for a rotation spot.
So, at this point you believe Rocker likely makes the rotation next year but Leiter is pretty much shut out, barring injury?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell sorry for Leiter having to put up with these delays.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leiter has hit 97.2 mph today.