• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SI: Bird better than Lebron

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bird vs LeBron debate is close enough that I don't think you can get belligerent with someone for choosing either side.

Acting like its an obvious choice one way or another is wrong, IMO.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Robert Parish, Kevin McHale, Dennis Johnson, & Bill Walton do all right for themselves... even without Bird being their teammate.

Bill Walton wasn't healthy enough to even be on an NBA roster by the time he made it to Boston. If anything, he was a liability at that point, other than obsessively ridiculing Kareem and possibly getting in his head every now and then.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mjl.gif

lol

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bird vs LeBron debate is close enough that I don't think you can get belligerent with someone for choosing either side.

Acting like its an obvious choice one way or another is wrong, IMO.

It's close but I'm taking the Birdman for his killer instinct and ability to make his team better.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Supremely confident...

About time to watch the Magic & Bird documentary again. I love Cornbread talking about this ugly white rookie showing up at his first NBA practice acting like he was somebody and not talking to anyone. Stepped back and let a 25' shot go. BAM. Another one. BAM. Another one. BAM. And I love Bird talking about "at every level people looked at me and told me I couldn't do it. So in high school I dominated. Got to college, told me I wasn't anything. So I dominated 'em. Got to the NBA and they told me I couldn't play with the greats. So I dominated them too."

And I loved him and Magic on Letterman. "Magic was always over there smiling for the cameras and all I was thinking about was taking home a few of those teeth at the end of the night."

:pound:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Sir Charles would say about TLF's list?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget Bird had tougher opposition. He had to put his stats up against the top 5 players of all time.

There isn't a single person who would think guys like Durant, CP3, Blake Griffin and Anthony Davis are better than Jordan, Magic, Kareem and Isiah Thomas.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget Bird had tougher opposition. He had to put his stats up against the top 5 players of all time.

There isn't a single person who would think guys like Durant, CP3, Blake Griffin and Anthony Davis are better than Jordan, Magic, Kareem and Isiah Thomas.

:agree:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget 'Nique. Dude made a career out of giving Bird hell.

Dominique was a specimen. My Dad took me down to watch those guys at the old Omni many times. Him and Doc Rivers, Tree Rollins, etc.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget 'Nique. Dude made a career out of giving Bird hell.

Dominique was a specimen. My Dad took me down to watch those guys at the old Omni many times. Him and Doc Rivers, Tree Rollins, etc.

There were some awesome players around in the 80s. Plus you had the rise of some prominent big men in Karl Malone, Barkley, Hakeem, Ewing an Daugherty. I'd like to see Lebron guard them when he plays PF.

Even the role players in Clyde the glide and Big game James were awesome to watch.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were some awesome players around in the 80s. Plus you had the rise of some prominent big men in Karl Malone, Barkley, Hakeem, Ewing an Daugherty. I'd like to see Lebron guard them when he plays PF.

Even the role players in Clyde the glide and Big game James were awesome to watch.

I don't think of Clyde as a role player...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One word: Moses

Grown-ass man. :nod:

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at the start of his career. When he moved to Houston I personally thought he played his best ball with Hakeem as the undisputed star!

I concur. He was chasing rings at that point. Usually you are at the tail end of you career when you do that.

<coughlebroncough>

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matter of fact really. The coward in all facets of LBJs life doesnt help his cause.