• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bird better than LeBron

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird couldnt play in today's NBA. He would be 56 turning 57 in the middle of next year. No way with his back could he keep up.

Yeah, you're probably right. Lebron would crucify him.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to check anything, I'm right. :noidea:

As for who had a better front court, SA would be up there, Dallas at the time, Bostons was very good, ditto with Chicago.
Youre right about Bynum being hurt 1 year but he was definitely a contributor to the other ring. Even with Bynum out that year the Lakers had a good balanced team and Gasol was top 2 in big men in the game. I'm trying to understand what you mean by less? They had a good team both years.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great video! :clap:

Still hilarious to see McHale hanging around the basket on the opposing team's inbounds waiting on Bird to steal it and dish to him. Good thing McHale was 6' 10" because he was like the Birdman and couldn't get his toes off the ground.

HAHA! I think each one of McHale's arms were 4 feet long....

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre right about Bynum being hurt 1 year but he was definitely a contributor to the other ring. Even with Bynum out that year the Lakers had a good balanced team and Gasol was top 2 in big men in the game. I'm trying to understand what you mean by less? They had a good team both years.

Your point has become so convoluted that I forget what it is? :scratch:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA! I think each one of McHale's arms were 4 feet long....

Makes me die laughing to see those guys walking around in those little shorts with stark-white legs about 5' long. They looked like spiders. :lol:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point has become so convoluted that I forget what it is? :scratch:
When youre not the swift of thought that tends to happen. Simply put Kobes Lakers when they won the rings had the top front line in the league.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When youre not the swift of thought that tends to happen. Simply put Kobes Lakers when they won the rings had the top front line in the league.

Ah yes, I'm slow but it all makes perfect sense now.

tumblr_mkj2qaXSpo1s7g80wo1_500.gif

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes, I'm slow but it all makes perfect sense now.

tumblr_mkj2qaXSpo1s7g80wo1_500.gif
Glad we cleared that up for ya. Next time try and know what youre talking about before jumping in and making an ass out of yourself in your haste to be a clown.

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I say less, what I mean is Kobe, as the leader of the team won a title with less of a supporting cast than Lebron or anyone else in the past few decades has.

They had a good team, but as I said, who has won a title as a superstar with less than

Fisher
Ariza
Odom
Gasol

as the other starters on the team?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I say less, what I mean is Kobe, as the leader of the team won a title with less of a supporting cast than Lebron or anyone else in the past few decades has.

They had a good team, but as I said, who has won a title as a superstar with less than

Fisher
Ariza
Odom
Gasol

as the other starters on the team?
Hakeem won a title with way less. Lebron just did it this year. Gasol/Odom tandem was one of the best front courts if not the best at the time. Ariza looked like Paul George for that team and Fisher needs no explanation.

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not quite sure how you can say that as if it's fact. They had a good front court, sure, but the best is very debatable. Gasol was very good, Odom was solid. There are at least 3-4 teams with just as much talent at that time in the front court. And on top of that, Ariza and Fisher were starters, and they were both piss poor.

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakeem won a title with way less. Lebron just did it this year. Gasol/Odom tandem was one of the best front courts if not the best at the time. Ariza looked like Paul George for that team and Fisher needs no explanation.

You're cherry picking. Olajuwon is a good debate to have, though you're either too young to remember, or are forgetting that team. Kenny Smith, Maxwell, Thorpe, Horry, etc were all pretty good players.

Lebron had far more this year than what Kobe was working with.

I'll take Chalmers, Wade, Bosh, and Battier/Ray Allen over Fisher, Ariza, Odom, and Gasol all day long. So would any GM in the NBA.

Fisher made some clutch shots to be sure, but he was the worst starting PG in the league both of those years, the guy could no longer defend, and brought nothing offensively unless he was spoon fed an open jumper. Let's not act like Fisher was a top notch PG. Go take a look at the back of one of his trading cards.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite sure how you can say that as if it's fact. They had a good front court, sure, but the best is very debatable. Gasol was very good, Odom was solid. There are at least 3-4 teams with just as much talent at that time in the front court. And on top of that, Ariza and Fisher were starters, and they were both piss poor.
I dont think we watched the same players. Ariza got a fat contract after his time with the Lakers. Thats why he left. Lakers could not afford him and decided to go with Artest instead. Fisher has always been a very solid player until just recently.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're cherry picking. Olajuwon is a good debate to have, though you're either too young to remember, or are forgetting that team. Kenny Smith, Maxwell, Thorpe, Horry, etc were all pretty good players.

Lebron had far more this year than what Kobe was working with.

I'll take Chalmers, Wade, Bosh, and Battier/Ray Allen over Fisher, Ariza, Odom, and Gasol all day long. So would any GM in the NBA.

Fisher made some clutch shots to be sure, but he was the worst starting PG in the league both of those years, the guy could no longer defend, and brought nothing offensively unless he was spoon fed an open jumper. Let's not act like Fisher was a top notch PG. Go take a look at the back of one of his trading cards.
And you're reaching. Wade was hurt the entire playoffs. Bosh and Battier were ineffective for most of the entire Finals. I think Chalmers had 1 or 2 games that he was a major factor. Ray hit 1 gigantic shot but he is getting old. If all were healthy and in their prime I would agree. Just the combination of Odom, Gasol, and Ariza was better than what Lebron had this year by far.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are right. I was late to thread and responded as i read chronologically. Even that. LeBron has not even a full assist higher than Larry and Larry had a HOF distributor PG in DJ.

Bird is 2nd behind only Magic in non PG court vision and that is very very close.

I love LeBron. I am not a LeBron hater. But Bird was not a once in a gen player. He was once in a lifetime player.

Bron will have more rings than Bird. But many will never put him above Larry Legend.

I agree. Best white guy to ever step on the court easy, he had toughness and grit. Top 5 player of all-time no doubt.

And I think Lebton is also a gen player too. When are you going to see a 260 pd guy running down the court at RB speed, maybe never ahead.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're reaching. Wade was hurt the entire playoffs. Bosh and Battier were ineffective for most of the entire Finals. I think Chalmers had 1 or 2 games that he was a major factor. Ray hit 1 gigantic shot but he is getting old. If all were healthy and in their prime I would agree. Just the combination of Odom, Gasol, and Ariza was better than what Lebron had this year by far.

I agree with y'all. I think James had a better supporting cast, but he had less help, if that makes sense.

Battier and Bosh didn't do much. Chalmers and Bosh were inconsistent. We would see flashes of Wade but he was hurt-not 100%. Ray was good though.

Kobe had guys like Gasol, Odom, Fat Fish who were more consistent especially Gasol was a beast.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should clarify: Bird is better at this point. LeBron could certainly bypass him but as of now I'd take Bird.

At 28 Jordan had only 1 title and 1 or 2 MVP's. So I guess with this reasoning we can already assume that Lebron is better than Jordan? How about we wait a decade from now before we start this bullshit.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Best white guy to ever step on the court easy, he had toughness and grit. Top 5 player of all-time no doubt.

And I think Lebton is also a gen player too. When are you going to see a 260 pd guy running down the court at RB speed, maybe never ahead.

When more guys start using roids like Lebron. And please don't pretend lebron is not on steroids. An employee of Biogenisis already said Lebron and Jameer nelson were regular customers. It's so fucking obvious.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with y'all. I think James had a better supporting cast, but he had less help, if that makes sense.

Battier and Bosh didn't do much. Chalmers and Bosh were inconsistent. We would see flashes of Wade but he was hurt-not 100%. Ray was good though.

Kobe had guys like Gasol, Odom, Fat Fish who were more consistent especially Gasol was a beast.

Wade was better than Gasol, you fucking moron....

Battier hit 6 threee pointers in game 7....

Ray Allen SAVED the Series for them and had 4 good games...

Bosh made critical plays including rebounding Lebron's brick to save the season and making the assist to Ray allen...

Miller was 5 for 5 in 3 pointers...

Chalmers led the team in scoring one game...

Quit the "lebron had no help" bullshit...The team won the championship, not Lebron...Lebron shot 45 pct in the series and averaged 25 points..

Kobe averaged 30 points when the Lakers won the last 2 rings, moron.

Learn the game.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade was better than Gasol, you fucking moron....

Battier hit 6 threee pointers in game 7....

Ray Allen SAVED the Series for them and had 4 good games...

Bosh made critical plays including rebounding Lebron's brick to save the season and making the assist to Ray allen...

Miller was 5 for 5 in 3 pointers...

Chalmers led the team in scoring one game...

Quit the "lebron had no help" bullshit...The team won the championship, not Lebron...Lebron shot 45 pct in the series and averaged 25 points..

Kobe averaged 30 points when the Lakers won the last 2 rings, moron.

Learn the game.
You must have hit a nerve Shanemansj13. :laugh3: