• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bird better than LeBron

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say Lebron defends perimeter more, but he can defend 1-5. Lebron is a better defender and passer, better vision. Better scorer in the paint. So I will give you rebounding and jump shooting, but really everything else is Lebron. All-around scorer Lebron is better bc of his versatility.

But on my all-time list Bird is still ahead of course bc of accomplishments. Top 5-6 player in my opinion.

Lebron can guard 1-5. Shut the FUCK up!..Anyone can guard 1-5, but can they do it well? No, and either can lebron....Lebron doesn't even guard the 3 position that well. Ask Melo, Durant, George, Deng...

Lebron is the most overrated defender in nba history...He's mediocre defensively at best.

Oh and BTW, career blocks per game Lebron .08....Bird .08...

Despite being on steroids and being the much better jumper Bird is actually better at blocking shots....As lebron gets old his block shots per game average will dip and leave Bird with a higher block shot average..

LOL...

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird is the best SF all time. I hated that fucker but make no mistake about it he could ball regardless of if he was white or black. He and Magic were the 2 headiest players I have ever seen. Lebron is not there yet. Nique never won anything but could dunk on anyone and humiliate them while doing it. He would still be an all star in todays league. Kobe is not top 10 by any stretch of the imagination. When he wins a ring without a dominant front court then I will be impressed.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird is the best SF all time. I hated that fucker but make no mistake about it he could ball regardless of if he was white or black. He and Magic were the 2 headiest players I have ever seen. Lebron is not there yet. Nique never won anything but could dunk on anyone and humiliate them while doing it. He would still be an all star in todays league. Kobe is not top 10 by any stretch of the imagination. When he wins a ring without a dominant front court then I will be impressed.

:wtf2: Who hacked montsho? Whoever did is making fucking SENSE!!! :omg:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Nique was never the model of efficiency, but he sure was fun too watch!! As good as he was and as exciting as he was, I don't think he ever became as good as he could have been. He was a bit of an underachiever, imo!!

Pussy first, basketball and everything else after that. He made Magic look moral.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say Lebron defends perimeter more, but he can defend 1-5. Lebron is a better defender and passer, better vision. Better scorer in the paint. So I will give you rebounding and jump shooting, but really everything else is Lebron. All-around scorer Lebron is better bc of his versatility.

But on my all-time list Bird is still ahead of course bc of accomplishments. Top 5-6 player in my opinion.

You could say anything I suppose. Lebron is a better passer ??? You couldn't have possibly seen Bird play and make that statement. What difference does it make whwere he scores from ? Bird was Lebron's equal when it came to scoring ? I'll give you defender, but that's it... and Lebron has years left to play and will undoubtedly surpass Bird when his career is over.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bird was a very underrated defender and a very underrated passer. Birds passing ability was one of the best I have ever seen. If it wasn't for Magic Bird would easily have been the best passer in the game, so on passing and vision, I give it a wash. Lebron has a slight advantage at defending, but scoring in the paint is a wash too. Lebron is better going to the hoop, but Bird had a GREAT high low post game. Bird had the best post moves of any SF to play. Bird is hard to judge though on an all time list because of his back injury problems (probably a result of playing in the rough and rugged east at the time) he really only had about 8 years in the league. Everything he accomplished happened in those first 8 years.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say anything I suppose. Lebron is a better passer ??? You couldn't have possibly seen Bird play and make that statement. What difference does it make whwere he scores from ? Bird was Lebron's equal when it came to scoring ? I'll give you defender, but that's it... and Lebron has years left to play and will undoubtedly surpass Bird when his career is over.
I agree. Bird was one of the best passers in history. Lebron is more athletic but Bird had the knack of being in the right place at the right time and making the right play. From what I remember there were only 2 players you absolutely feared with the ball in their hands during crunch time. Those 2 were Bird and Jordan.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird was a very underrated defender and a very underrated passer. Birds passing ability was one of the best I have ever seen. If it wasn't for Magic Bird would easily have been the best passer in the game, so on passing and vision, I give it a wash. Lebron has a slight advantage at defending, but scoring in the paint is a wash too. Lebron is better going to the hoop, but Bird had a GREAT high low post game. Bird had the best post moves of any SF to play. Bird is hard to judge though on an all time list because of his back injury problems (probably a result of playing in the rough and rugged east at the time) he really only had about 8 years in the league. Everything he accomplished happened in those first 8 years.

Bird was 6' 9" but literally almost never left the ground and, as you said, suffered major back problems and shouldn't even have played the last couple of seasons. But in his prime, I don't see how anyone alive could argue that he wasn't easily the third-best to ever touch a basketball. While Lebron is shaking the hand of an opponent during a game with the clock running because he just hit a big shot, Bird would be down the court hitting a nuthin' but net three. Bird was a cold-blooded killer that makes the likes of Lebron look silly.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't better at scoring at the rim, isn't better at rebounding, I think Lebron is also a better passer. But Bird's jumpshot is one of the best ever.

You must be too young to have watched Bird. He rebounded in a day and age where there were trees in the middle.

Bird averaged 10 boards a game...

LeBron has what 6 or 7 boards a game?

Bird rebound avgs

6.2* 6 game season

career avg 10
playoff avg 10.6

LeBron

career 7.3
playoff 8.6

:noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron may go on to gather more hardware and rings. Bird made you shake your head in amazement. Dude could barely jump over a credit card but could beat you so many ways. What was even worse he would talk shit to you while he was doing it. He was an asshole off the court but I dont see too many people being able to surpass him at the SF spot.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron may go on to gather more hardware and rings. Bird made you shake your head in amazement. Dude could barely jump over a credit card but could beat you so many ways. What was even worse he would talk sjit to you while he was doing it. He was an asshole off the court but I dont see too many people being able to surpass him at the SF spot.

He was the biggest asshole to ever play the game. Everyone who ever knew the guy says that he was completely unaware who the President was and either refused or was completely unable to hold a normal conversation. The only thing he cared about was basketball; nothing else.

Here are Bird and Magic on Letterman. You have to see these if you haven't already. I love when Letterman admires Magics smile and Bird says "The only thing I cared about was taking a few of those teeth home with me after the game."

Bird: "Magic's the best I ever played against. He's the best that ever played the game."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShf9yw7leg]Magic Johnson & Larry Bird on Letterman (Segment 1 of 3) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VqmWu7cwDo]Magic Johnson & Larry Bird on Letterman (Segment 2 of 3) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B25hiGoeVts]Magic Johnson & Larry Bird on Letterman (Segment 3 of 3) - YouTube[/ame]

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the record Bird has more steals per game, WAY better FT%, better 3 point pct, better FG%, less turnovers per game, more blocked shots per game.....

It really isnt close... Bird>>>>> LeBron

LeBron has more time. But good luck passing the Hick from French Lick

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the biggest asshole to ever play the game. Everyone who ever knew the guy says that he was completely unaware who the President was and either refused or was completely unable to hold a normal conversation. The only thing he cared about was basketball; nothing else.

Here are Bird and Magic on Letterman. You have to see these if you haven't already. I love when Letterman admires Magics smile and Bird says "The only thing I cared about was taking a few of those teeth home with me after the game."

Bird: "Magic's the best I ever played against. He's the best that ever played the game."

Magic Johnson & Larry Bird on Letterman (Segment 1 of 3) - YouTube

Magic Johnson & Larry Bird on Letterman (Segment 2 of 3) - YouTube

Magic Johnson & Larry Bird on Letterman (Segment 3 of 3) - YouTube
I met him in the Atlanta airport once. I was talking to Parrish and he asked me if I wanted his autograph. When I said no he said "fuck you then" and walked off.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh, Uh, I think Kobe's won 2 rings without a dominant front court....That's 2 more than Bird's won considering Bird played his entire career with Parrish and McHale.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron may go on to gather more hardware and rings. Bird made you shake your head in amazement. Dude could barely jump over a credit card but could beat you so many ways. What was even worse he would talk shit to you while he was doing it. He was an asshole off the court but I dont see too many people being able to surpass him at the SF spot.

How many rings would LeBron have had if he Magic and Kareem had been i the same generation as him?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I met him in the Atlanta airport once. I was talking to Parrish and he asked me if I wanted his autograph. When I said no he said "fuck you then" and walked off.

The Chief would have been less inclined to acknowledge your presence than Bird. You're joking right?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, Uh, I think Kobe's won 2 rings without a dominant front court....That's 2 more than Bird's won considering Bird played his entire career with Parrish and McHale.
Gasol and Bynum were the best front court tandem in the league. Lets try again especially since Gasol saved Kobes ass from the biggest choke job a supposedly "clutch" has ever done.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chief would have been less inclined to acknowledge your presence than Bird. You're joking right?
I've known Parrish since I was a kid. He and my uncle are friends. He looks mean as hell but he is cool as hell.