• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bird better than LeBron

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many rings would LeBron have had if he Magic and Kareem had been i the same generation as him?
I'm assuming you mean the Heat were playing the Lakers in the Finals?

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol and Bynum were the best front court tandem in the league. Lets try again especially since Gasol saved Kobes ass from the biggest choke job a supposedly "clutch" has ever done.

Wrong. Bynum was not healthy in either of those years, and played sparingly in one postseason and not at all in the other. It was Odom and Gasol starting.

He's won two rings with less than anybody else has won with.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL shocker another thread saying LBJ isn't as good as an all time great just as LBJ reaches his prime.

When I was comparing a bunch of stats and on paper LBJ looks more like Bird than Magic, but in playing style it is more Magic.

I am not sure we should consider LBJ a SF, he plays a lot of PG both on D and O.

I actually think Bird being white hurt his GOAT status. I know I did not rank him as highly as I should have until I watched him play a bit and looked at his stats. I do not know why tbh but he is a great player.

@Montsho This is a silly statement and we both know it. It takes a team and even worse it is the same BS spued by LBJ haters. "When he wins a ring without a dominant front court then I will be impressed."

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Bynum was not healthy in either of those years, and played sparingly in one postseason and not at all in the other. It was Odom and Gasol starting.

Check your stats. Even if you were right who had a better front court than the Lakers?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow just wow
Not taking anything away from Bird--great passer. But Lebron is like a Chris Paul in SF's body. He finds the open man plain and simple, he wasn't fancy and all like Bird. But he is right on Birds level vision wise.

You must be too young to have watched Bird. He rebounded in a day and age where there were trees in the middle.

Bird averaged 10 boards a game...

LeBron has what 6 or 7 boards a game?

Bird rebound avgs

6.2* 6 game season

career avg 10
playoff avg 10.6

LeBron

career 7.3
playoff 8.6

:noidea:

I guess you didn't see the post after, but you also gave to factor in LBJ is basically a guard handles point and plays up top until he drives. Bird defended more around the rim. Still give edge to Bird!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I was a kid I had to walk 30 miles to school up hill both way, shoveling snow the whole way to pay for food to eat that night stealing cardboard out of trash to fill the holes in my shoes.

LBJ had Bosh and Wade with 1 leg.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check your stats. Even if you were right who had a better front court than the Lakers?

You're telling him to check his stats when he just proved you wrong? :L

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Montsho This is a silly statement and we both know it. It takes a team and even worse it is the same BS spued by LBJ haters. "When he wins a ring without a dominant front court then I will be impressed."

Just giving it back Sman!! :laugh3:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, I just have a hard time comparing active players to all time greats unless they are near the end like Duncan or Garnett.

:agree: I hate how often we have to do this as fans. it's not fair to the active players. bird's resume is complete. lebron career is probably about half over.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not taking anything away from Bird--great passer. But Lebron is like a Chris Paul in SF's body. He finds the open man plain and simple, he wasn't fancy and all like Bird. But he is right on Birds level vision wise.

I guess you didn't see the post after, but you also gave to factor in LBJ is basically a guard handles point and plays up top until he drives. Bird defended more around the rim. Still give edge to Bird!

you are right. I was late to thread and responded as i read chronologically. Even that. LeBron has not even a full assist higher than Larry and Larry had a HOF distributor PG in DJ.

Bird is 2nd behind only Magic in non PG court vision and that is very very close.

I love LeBron. I am not a LeBron hater. But Bird was not a once in a gen player. He was once in a lifetime player.

Bron will have more rings than Bird. But many will never put him above Larry Legend.

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't need to check anything, I'm right. :noidea:

As for who had a better front court, SA would be up there, Dallas at the time, Bostons was very good, ditto with Chicago.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love this vid... Reminds me of being a kid watching Larry...

goosebumps

[YOUTUBE]xb6vhjKijcg&feature=player_detailpage[/YOUTUBE]

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid I had to walk 30 miles to school up hill both way, shoveling snow the whole way to pay for food to eat that night stealing cardboard out of trash to fill the holes in my shoes.

LBJ had Bosh and Wade with 1 leg.

He's pretty good on one leg isn't he? The Lakers had Fisher and Ariza starting when they won a title. You're nuts.

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah are you blind? Bynum started for the 2009 championship.

Bynum was injured and played very limited in the 09 championship, and not at all in 08. 09 he averaged 8PPG in the playoffs and less than that in the Finals, he was just getting back from injury.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love this vid... Reminds me of being a kid watching Larry...

goosebumps

[YOUTUBE]xb6vhjKijcg&feature=player_detailpage[/YOUTUBE]

Great video! :clap:

Still hilarious to see McHale hanging around the basket on the opposing team's inbounds waiting on Bird to steal it and dish to him. Good thing McHale was 6' 10" because he was like the Birdman and couldn't get his toes off the ground.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird couldnt play in today's NBA. He would be 56 turning 57 in the middle of next year. No way with his back could he keep up.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiki Vandeweghe >>> LeBron James

I kid yall...

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are right. I was late to thread and responded as i read chronologically. Even that. LeBron has not even a full assist higher than Larry and Larry had a HOF distributor PG in DJ.

Bird is 2nd behind only Magic in non PG court vision and that is very very close.

I love LeBron. I am not a LeBron hater. But Bird was not a once in a gen player. He was once in a lifetime player.

Bron will have more rings than Bird. But many will never put him above Larry Legend.
Bird was never asked to run the offense or bring it up court.

Compare who Bird had / was able to pass to and who James had to pass to in Cleveland his first 7yrs.