• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron vs Bird

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Race has nothing to do with off-court class or the lack of it.

Larry Bird was a class act both on the court and off. LeBron ONLY on the court.

Magic Johnson likewise was a class act on and off the court.

I would have loved seeing both Magic and Larry in Celtics unis. LeBron will be on my bleep list
until he voluntarily goes back to the Cavaliers. .

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? Larry Bird is a dead beat dad. Dude has ZERO class off the court. Magic Johnson contracted the AIDS virus and then had to tell his wife while she was pregnant with their unborn child.

But a freaking clue, bro. Drop the homerism and LeBron hate. Your boy Larry is a dead beat dad who abandon his child. Magic Johnson cheated on his wife and had her terrified for her life and her unborn babies life. Lebron made a bad decision at 25 over how to leave a team. Lebron's terrible decision resulted in millions of dollars being donated to charity. Bird abandon a kid and Magic put the life of his wife and kids at risk of AIDS death.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn.. I thought this thread was new. ignore me. people drudging up old shit.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that Larry and Magic had their own off court poor decisions. I "think" Lebron has been solid off court.

To give perspective on quality of players on court, remember all that Larry and Magic completely turned the orgs that drafted them around. AND, they did it quickly after coming out of college. Unlike LBJ, they never passed up to take the winning shot, but in fact demanded that shot. Same with MJ.

These players were so good, so tough, so quickly we all forget it. I dont know any player post MJ that have that pedigree.

We need some of these players to rise up soon from college. Its a special breed

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? Larry Bird is a dead beat dad. Dude has ZERO class off the court. Magic Johnson contracted the AIDS virus and then had to tell his wife while she was pregnant with their unborn child.

But a freaking clue, bro. Drop the homerism and LeBron hate. Your boy Larry is a dead beat dad who abandon his child. Magic Johnson cheated on his wife and had her terrified for her life and her unborn babies life. Lebron made a bad decision at 25 over how to leave a team. Lebron's terrible decision resulted in millions of dollars being donated to charity. Bird abandon a kid and Magic put the life of his wife and kids at risk of AIDS death.

:agree:

Lebron is a saint off the court, compared to...well just about anyone. He has done nothing wrong, just a good guy trying to become the greatest ever at what he does best.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that Larry and Magic had their own off court poor decisions. I "think" Lebron has been solid off court.

To give perspective on quality of players on court, remember all that Larry and Magic completely turned the orgs that drafted them around. AND, they did it quickly after coming out of college. Unlike LBJ, they never passed up to take the winning shot, but in fact demanded that shot. Same with MJ.

These players were so good, so tough, so quickly we all forget it. I dont know any player post MJ that have that pedigree.

We need some of these players to rise up soon from college. Its a special breed

I know there are times where the best player HAS to take the shot, but giving the ball to the open man is something we learn early. It is a team game, MJ and Kobe didn't know that early. But now he has become smarter on the situation, this is the NBA not middle school. If a deadly 3pt shooter is open, give him the ball---I don't care how good the guy is getting doubled

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. That sounds all good for 98% of the game. But when the team needs a player to take command, to take on the risk of failure, knowing he is the best chance to score or get fouled, with one play left to determine the game, you need to rise up. There were few in the game that constantly took that challenge, and that is what separates the greats.

And these greats also never quit on their organization, they built it themselves. They built it with the pressure of fan bases that expected these stars to deliver. Its called Money.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. That sounds all good for 98% of the game. But when the team needs a player to take command, to take on the risk of failure, knowing he is the best chance to score or get fouled, with one play left to determine the game, you need to rise up. There were few in the game that constantly took that challenge, and that is what separates the greats.

And these greats also never quit on their organization, they built it themselves. They built it with the pressure of fan bases that expected these stars to deliver. Its called Money.

^^^^^This^^^^^

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to go with Larry Bird - he would be tougher and Lebron grew up in a less physical era and would quickly be whining about hard fouls