• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron vs Bird

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron would have got asswhupped by most of them from that era for several reasons. That era was loaded with talent, but they also played rough. Lebron is a weak as a little girl and would whining about the hard fouls real fast. Here is my list of players that would have ass whupped Lebron

Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson
Kareem Abdul Jabaar
Jerry West
Larry Bird
Stocton
Robinson
Malone
Pippen
Isaiah Thomas

The list just goes on and on, but those are a few of the top players. I know everyone considers Lebron the gift of God, but that's only because they either forgot those in the past or never seen them play

I guess you forgot that Lebron would be able to hit back. Malone is probably the only one that would be able to hang physically on the block.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do admit, I am talking a little shit. LeBron is good no doubt. But he flops man. He flops. -1,000,000 to LeBron...

This just shows how little you know of the history of the NBA. Flopping has been around for a long time, the only difference is today there are 83 camera angles and youtube.

There was a book about flopping in the early 60s maybe even 50s iirc.

You think MJ never flopped or did what he needed to get a call?

The rule book was changed FOR him!!! When in the history of the game has a rule book ever been changed to benefit a player? Wilt (I think or Kareem) had rules made to keep him from dunking on freethrows. Tiger caused every competition golf course to be reconstructed to negate his driving power. But MJ being a SG had the rules change to allow him to drive the lane easier the year before he won the trophy.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just shows how little you know of the history of the NBA. Flopping has been around for a long time, the only difference is today there are 83 camera angles and youtube.

There was a book about flopping in the early 60s maybe even 50s iirc.

You think MJ never flopped or did what he needed to get a call?

The rule book was changed FOR him!!! When in the history of the game has a rule book ever been changed to benefit a player? Wilt (I think or Kareem) had rules made to keep him from dunking on freethrows. Tiger caused every competition golf course to be reconstructed to negate his driving power. But MJ being a SG had the rules change to allow him to drive the lane easier the year before he won the trophy.

Find me a picture of MJ flopping. Go ahead, I'll wait.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilt (I think or Kareem) had rules made to keep him from dunking on freethrows

Wilt was so dominant that the league widened the key in an attempt to slow him down, instituted offensive goal-tending, and change free throw shooting rules so he couldn't dunk them anymore. They widened the key for Mikan as well. They outlawed dunking in college while Lew Alcindor was playing because he was too dominant. So anti big man!!

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For your entertainment while I wait...

lebron-james-flop-pacers-2012.gif

"Guys have been accustomed to doing it for years, and it's not even a bad thing. You're just trying to get the advantage. Any way you can get the advantage over an opponent to your team win, then so be it." - LeBron James

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Guys have been accustomed to doing it for years, and it's not even a bad thing. You're just trying to get the advantage. Any way you can get the advantage over an opponent to your team win, then so be it." - LeBron James

Whats that thing floating at the bottom? Is it hiding something? Lebron flops but that looks more like he fell. You could have found a better gif than that!! :laugh3:

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats that thing floating at the bottom? Is it hiding something? Lebron flops but that looks more like he fell. You could have found a better gif than that!! :laugh3:

OK, how about this?

lebron-james-flop-2011.gif

One of LeFlops greatest acting jobs. Deserved the Oscar for that one...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does look like West stepped on Lebron's foot which may explain him falling over. I think there was a little enhancement going on thought!

Montsho's right. There's gotta be other gifs of him flopping, although he claimed before that he doesn't.

realdeal5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird is my favorite all-time player. I'm a white guy who grew up in the 80's watching him. I don't think anyone in the NBA ever did more with less athletic ability than Larry Bird. To me, he's the greatest shooter of all-time. Every game he played, it seemed like he made some outstanding smart play that had me thinking, "How did he just do that?" I wore #33 during my basketball days in high school. I wanted to be Larry Legend.

LeBron James is better than Larry Bird ever was. LeBron would win a 1 on 1 game as well. Lastly, even with LeBron's superior physical ability, LeBron is even inching closer to the cerebral mastery that Larry Bird showed throughout his career. LeBron is just that good.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird is my favorite all-time player. I'm a white guy who grew up in the 80's watching him. I don't think anyone in the NBA ever did more with less athletic ability than Larry Bird. To me, he's the greatest shooter of all-time. Every game he played, it seemed like he made some outstanding smart play that had me thinking, "How did he just do that?" I wore #33 during my basketball days in high school. I wanted to be Larry Legend.

LeBron James is better than Larry Bird ever was. LeBron would win a 1 on 1 game as well. Lastly, even with LeBron's superior physical ability, LeBron is even inching closer to the cerebral mastery that Larry Bird showed throughout his career. LeBron is just that good.

Most of what you said was spot on. Then there at the end you kinda lost steam. Let's just stick with the first part. Lebron is the better athlete and nothing more. :suds:

realdeal5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of what you said was spot on. Then there at the end you kinda lost steam. Let's just stick with the first part. Lebron is the better athlete and nothing more. :suds:
You read the first part. If I were to show any bias whatsoever, I would slant in the direction of Larry Bird.

But the thing is... it's not even that close. We are witnessing an all-time great in LeBron right now. He's better than Bird ever was. Once LeBron has stopped playing, I am sure he will get his due praise. But not me... when I see this kind of greatness, I don't need to wait another 10 years to reflect on how great he was. Enjoy it, folks. He's probably around top 7 of all-time right now, and he still has plenty of years left. He's a lock for top 3, no doubt.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

another :10:. comedy gold...